Official Vent Thread: Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mr. Cook. Please see the NY Giant's TE, #84, Larry Donnell's catch at the end of the 49er game....... Just saying. :rolleyes:

or better yet check out the brown TE (Banbridge ?) he caught the freaking ball with his legs !!

I want a really good TE we haven't had one in years

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For as much as he has been terrible lately, I don't think Cook "quit" on the pick-6. That was my first take, but after a couple replays, it looked like he was sitting down in a hole in the coverage rather than continuing to run with Foles and run himself back into coverage. I'll chalk that up to communication rather than effort. But that guy better be staying after practice for 1 on 1 time with the JUGS machine....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure what you're smoking/drinking/ingesting....but whatever it is, kindly pass some my way, please.
Have you seen the schedule?
The way Gurley is running the ball, and the way the defense is playing, I see the Rams getting on top early against the likes of Cleveland, San Fran (home), Vikings and Bears. Dont have to smoke anything to see that
Yesterday was a game we'd have lost by 30 in seasons past. Those days are over

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Not much to vent about this time for me. Although the game was close until the very end, and we could have pulled it out if not for all the points we left on the board, this loss was not anger inducing to me like all of our other close defeats.

Why? Because this time it was not stupid mistakes, mental errors, and/or shockingly bad execution that cost us the game. Today we lost because our offensive line was complete garbage in pass protection, along with all of the ripples effects of that. We all (rightly) credited our pass rush with making Palmer uncomfortable and making him miss even the open throws with time last week. We got a taste of our own medicine in Green Bay. Even with a RB as great as Gurley, you are not going to win against a team as good as GB when your passing game is 100%, completely neutered.

Until this o-line improves we are going nowhere fast. But we knew this would be the case before the season started. Hard to come out of the game feeling upset or angry in this situation. Just frustrated over the fact that, yet again, the Rams are left saying: "we can challenge for the Super Bowl IF [insert huge weakness here] goes right".

It is the 100th time it has been said on this board but all we can do is hope the young line improves and gets a bit better each week, and that by the time the year is over, they are capable enough to let us do some damage in the playoffs. Assuming we can get there. We have some "easier" games coming up and Seattle just lost so it's very much still a possibility. I still think this team will rue the loss in Washington. Although if our play-off push falls short, perhaps it is better we lost so as to push up our draft position and decrease theirs. Shoot me now. I hate thinking with that type of loser attitude.

The refs were awful. The spear on Foles. The lack of flag on the pass interference with Quick in the endzone. But I just don't feel those calls going to other way would have changed anything. GB was in control all game, despite the scoreline. No use in venting at length about them.

Last edited:

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Reasons we lost today:

1. Pass blocking absolutely pathetic
2. Receivers dropping passes and not getting separation.
3. Pick 6
4. Three missed field goals.
5. Missed opportunity with a dropped pass knocking them out of field goal range earlier in the game.
6. Interception in end zone.
7. Blown coverage in Packers first td.

As we say almost every week "the Rams could have won if (insert plays they could have made)." I don't want to hear anymore about having a young team. The Packers have the second youngest. It's bad to think that they could have won if they didn't kill themselves. It's a shame. Here's to playing Cleveland in two weeks. They left way too many points on the field today.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
DON'T forget TURNOVERS. DROPS, QB HIT, SACKS & HURRYS The OF stunk up the field! again!

Aaron Rodgers will throw an INT vs the Rams next week, ending his streak
And I am calling it ..Tru, 2nd
mark it down

Reasons we lost today:

1. Pass blocking absolutely pathetic
2. Receivers dropping passes and not getting separation.
3. Pick 6
4. Three missed field goals.
5. Missed opportunity with a dropped pass knocking them out of field goal range earlier in the game.
6. Interception in end zone.
7. Blown coverage in Packers first td.

As we say almost every week "the Rams could have won if (insert plays they could have made)." I don't want to hear anymore about having a young team. The Packers have the second youngest. It's bad to think that they could have won if they didn't kill themselves. It's a shame. Here's to playing Cleveland in two weeks. They left way too many points on the field today.

A55VA6

Legend
I'll just leave this here. lol

CREBcVgUkAAFNrP.jpg

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Have you seen the schedule?
The way Gurley is running the ball, and the way the defense is playing, I see the Rams getting on top early against the likes of Cleveland, San Fran (home), Vikings and Bears. Dont have to smoke anything to see that
Yesterday was a game we'd have lost by 30 in seasons past. Those days are over
It's all good, man. I'm just running low on optimism this morning.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Oline....not in my eyes...bad... we had a rb run for over 150+ yards....Wr's...not in my eyes...well the fact that the best one, Quick, isn't getting reps with the ones...isn't featured...is silly....one drop and guys are all over him...what about the guys that have been like, playing, the last 4 weeks? Not open, or open and not getting the rock? hmmm....cook...not yet but close..The guy just isn't that 6'5 monster, with catchers mitts for hands...still doesn't look comfortable out there...wonder why....
My main vent is Nick Foles...why, because not only did he probably miss open guys, panic in the pocket, but those picks were huge...I'm ready to see if Mannion is the answer for 2016...Sorry...Just know enough about Foles...Could he improve? Maybe, but he'll constantly be inaccurate...with pressure...and guess what, QB's get under pressure...especially in playoff type games...you think Rodgers wasn't under pressure?
2 huge plays....against our defense...great run d...less cushion...oh my, so much to be excited about....Wish we had been playing more press...perhaps the blown coverages don't happen...you know practice...Tru was confused....Joyner just got beat....with the added benefit of McLeod getting outrun by a 40 year-old....sheesh...

Foles lost this game...drops happen...play Quick more...bet he's open more than Sted & Tavon combined...Bet he could catch more passes than both for the entire season too...
Almost finished with Cook...almost...definitely wanna draft a wr...cause lil wr's can't seem to get open week to week...at least ours can't.
The way I saw it, this game is on Foles. I know they were getting pressure but he has to get rid of it and when it isn't there, tuck it and take the sack.

We are a defense and running team. There is only one thing you really can't do as a QB on a defense and running team. And Foles did that thing over and over again today.
Foles was awful...simple as that...that's 3 outta 5 games...and we lost every one...

I still blame the o-line more than foles. He's played bad no doubt, but he was abused from beginning to the end.

Our line sucked more than a Thai hooker in a gangbang.
Last line is too funny Tron....O-Line may be contributing...He's getting gun shy...But Foles lost this game...those were some terrible picks...

The Quick love right now is a bit puzzling, since his production over his career isn't noteworthy on the slightest.
Dude is our best wr....if you don't see it, you don't want too....for 5 games, we've given Sted, Tavon, Britt, and Cook the opportunity to replicate what Quick was accomplishing in 2014...Check their numbers....I don't want to...I see the games...I see Foles...They're killing us...they are killing the offense...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
de is our best wr....if you don't see it, you don't want too.

Come on. I don't want to? Why would I not want to see a guy who's been badly needed for the last 3 years develop into what we drafted him for? That's exactly what I WANT to see. The man is in his 4th year and has about half a season of good games. In 2014 he caught 25 passes in 7 games, 9 over the last 4. His last three games he played were against good teams and he caught 4 for 53 yards combined. What accomplishments are you talking about? Look I see the potential, he looks the part, I know about the injury, but right now Austin is our best WR followed by Bailey. They are the only two WRs I'd trust right now to make a play. Well, a positive play anyway.

lockdnram21

Legend
Come on. I don't want to? Why would I not want to see a guy who's been badly needed for the last 3 years develop into what we drafted him for? That's exactly what I WANT to see. The man is in his 4th year and has about half a season of good games. In 2014 he caught 25 passes in 7 games, 9 over the last 4. His last three games he played were against good teams and he caught 4 for 53 yards combined. What accomplishments are you talking about? Look I see the potential, he looks the part, I know about the injury, but right now Austin is our best WR followed by Bailey. They are the only two WRs I'd trust right now to make a play. Well, a positive play anyway.
He slowed down because teams start keying on him which should have opened up things for other players. Austin is our best weapon i wouldnt say receiver. Most of his production isnt in passing game. Our best receivers are Quick and Bailey. you see how they tried to get Quick involved early last game. I expect to see more Quick and Bailey and less Britt and Cook. That was Quicks firxt live action getting the ball probably was thinking of shoulder to much. But I do admit he has to step up big or he might not be back