Official Vent Thread: Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Its only because Nick Foles and Cookie bonded and became a MAJOR weapon ONLY in pre-season and at practice. Dear Coach it is not transferrable to REAL NFL GAMES.:poop::deadhorse:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We have him for clutch plays. His name is Bailey and he probably is as dependable as anyone in the NFL.

I would trade Cook right now for an above average o-lineman.

I would trade Cook right now for an average ham sandwich.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we've got guys(like Steadman, maybe Britt) who can get you 10 yards. We need a legit vertical outside threat to compliment the Gurley/Tavon weapon in the short game. Tavon can make big plays but the defense is still able to completely focus on whats going on behind the LOS. I'd be willing to explore a blockbuster trade tbh.

I would already be making offers. I'd be calling the Bears every day to try and get them to trade me Alshon.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would trade Cook right now for an average ham sandwich.

I'd take anything for him. He's been consistent at one thing this year...failing to come down with contested balls. You're a freaking tight end. You should be able to make catches in traffic.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I agree @jrry32. @Mojo Ram Another difference maker on offense especially at wideout would do wonders for this team. No knock on the guys we have but you add a special talent and things would really come together. With Alshon and TG30 I might be inclined to change my TE philosophy as well

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
1 thing I'm mad about. It happens every game. We run the ball on first down. We get some yards. We run the ball again. Then again until the opposing defense stop Gurley and his running spree. Now they usually stop us around the third time we run it. So? Why not throw it or do a PA? We run and run and run till it doesn't work then throw a couple of times. It also doesn't work and we end up punting.

That is my 10 cents.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I had not problem with that 63 yard attempt. Odds of getting a first down were very slim if any. I doubt there was any way the line coulda gave Foles enough time to complete a pass. A 63 yard FG is a higher percentage than picking up a few yards with this offense. Even if the kicker doesn't have a leg like GZ's.

Take notice of the good offenses compared to the bad offenses. On 3rd down, the good offenses make tough catches. The bad offenses drop easy catches. The good offenses give their QB protection at least some of the time. Bad offenses pretty much have the QB running for his life on virtually every pass play. In case you haven't noticed, we're a bad offense.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The Quick love right now is a bit puzzling, since his production over his career isn't noteworthy on the slightest.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
TA gets open deep but foles always under throws him. Cook is a bum, no one would give us anything for a guy who every single year he has been with us shows up for the 1st game then becomes Jared cook... lol, dude can't catch, it's on film, we are stuck or we get a 6 or 7th rounder.

We do rum alot because we are a running team or try to be anyway. If not for gurley and a lil TA we couldn't run the ball and it's evident to me because of the zone blocking. Fisher has drafted 3 road graders and then changes the power blocking scheme we had to a finest type zone blocking which to succeed in it you need smaller quicker linemen. And to put the cherry on top drafts a rb that admittedly claims he hasn't run much zone blocking. He said it was in Georgias playbook but he never (or rarely I forget) has run behind it. But I must admit he is catching on. But I just don't get it. And the pass blocking is just terrible. It's one thing to flat out whiff on a block but it's another damming indication that you can't handle it when you repeatedly get beat by the man that's directly in front of you (grob)! And I'm not talking about just this game I mean since he has been here

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
However, he didn't do ALL he could. Going for a 63 yard FG when we could have kept the game in hand with a TD and a shorter FG attempt latter? I didn't like it. I would have liked a fake attempt better.

I liked the call. He had a good chance to make it and it would have boosted his confidence. All kickers need a little confidence booster now and then. Had to have a FG at some point...

Stop trusting your boy Cook

Damn right! It's not just an occasional drop. It seems like 3 a game.Need to start calling him 50-50 because those are the odds he'll catch it if it hits his hands. (Okay, a little harsh.) I'd like to see more Harkey as part of the running game. Love me some Harkey......

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I like Cig's play calling. Could be better especially the constant run lefts but I think he is getting better each week.
Gurley is unbelievable. He was getting 5 yard a carry when there were NO holes. Then he finds one and off to the races. Wow.
Bailey and Tavon are the best receivers on the team, period.
Cook: I get fed up with him but he did have a key block and he has some of the best hands on the team.
Quick: WTF? Talk about regression. Now I know why he has not been playing.
I don't blame Foles at all. He did make a couple bad passes but between getting the crap beat out of him all day and the intentional spearing the dude is Mr. Tough. I like him.

The OL played horrible, horrible. If the Rams had Green Bays OL they would have won this game easily.
Greg the Leg. WTF? He has been drilling them down the middle and all of a sudden starts missing. The inconsistency may cost him.
The D missed couple plays really bad.

OK now the real vent. Greg Robinson. The guy looks totally lost out there. This is not the kind of play I expect from a second year, second pick. I don't care how raw he is. People just run around him and he is left standing there with his thumb..... What really irritated me was seeing Foles slowly picking himself up off the ground and Robinson just walking past him. I'll stop there.

…..

Legend
I figured we'd lose this one but I'm more bothered by the way we lost than us losing. Foles left at least 3 TDs on the field while throwing four interceptions. Yea, the OL was poor in pass pro but Foles was crappy today. Unbelievably crappy.

Jared Cook was Jared Cook. I've had enough of him.

That's all I have to vent about other than dropped passes. Which are always an issue for this team.

Well, I guess one more thing...I really am going to be upset if Zuerlein's confidence went into the shitter.

What about Kenny Britt performance in your opinion?

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Mr. Cook. Please see the NY Giant's TE, #84, Larry Donnell's catch at the end of the 49er game....... Just saying. :rolleyes:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We have him for clutch plays. His name is Bailey and he probably is as dependable as anyone in the NFL.

I would trade Cook right now for an above average o-lineman.

They don't use him enough, for whatever reason. Maybe they don't think he can be that type of player? I would try him in the slot and he could be what Danny was for Sam.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jake Matthews is getting it done in Atlanta while Grob is yet another project left tackle. Not Jason Smith or anything, but its continually missing on a franchise LT that has set this team back years. You simply cannot miss on picks this high in the draft. I think Bradford is a much better option fwiw behind this kind of line because at least he has some mobility to him. Foles is a statue, its a combination like throwing gasoline on a fire to put it out. At least a guy like Wilson (puke) could move around and make plays, Foles is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Bradford, he of the invisible sack? Bradford had worse pocket presence than Foles and he didn't run much either.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
The one thing I cant seem to get over is the lack of PA pass on 1st down. Id love to get the % of run and pass plays called on 1st down as I'm sure its at least 75% run and you could tell the Packers D catching on.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Yeah, the Cookie Monster hasn't been stealing those cookies lately, he's been dropping them and/or not fully running routes. Not pleasant to watch that amongst the other stuff today.

Serenity now.