Marcus Peters injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend

537946--9aecd2d0-cdb5-4fdf-aae5-836ba6cfbf16-poster.jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's the status of Talib? Sorry if it's been posted... he did not look quite as bad as Peters.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I don't see Seattle's offense keeping pace with the Rams, Denver on the road can be tricky, but again not sure they can score enough, and without Jimmy the Niners are screwed.

If they can find a way on Thursday against a highly motivated team that was just embarrassed, the Rams could go awhile without an "L".
IF we get past Minnesota it looks like favorable sailing . Seattle is always tough at home but our defensive line should finish them .Same with Denver but I agree that's the trap game. At this point though, I have honestly don't see a team on our schedule that's down right better than us .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I’ll wait on Talib until I see something official. People assumed the worst for Whit until his tweets. I’m going to hold out hope for similar news on Talib.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...eters-believed-to-have-suffered-a-calf-strain

One-half of the Los Angeles Rams' shutdown cornerback group isn't likely to suit up for Thursday night's game against the Minnesota Vikings.

Marcus Peters is believed to have suffered a calf strain in Week 3's win over the Los Angeles Chargers and could be out for two to four weeks, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed.

Peters is scheduled Monday morning for an MRI to confirm the injury, but initial tests showed no structural damage, Rapoport added.

The Rams cornerback suffered the injury midway through the second quarter and was helped to the sidelines while not placing weight on his right leg.

Peters wasn't alone in dealing with an injury from Sunday's game, as the Rams also saw cornerback Aqib Talib suffer an ankle injury in the third quarter. An update on Talib's status is pending, but the short week of preparation ahead of Week 4 could work against his availability.

The Rams added Peters and Talib to the defense during the offseason, and the duo's ability to take away wide receivers before their respective injuries played in large role in the team entering Week 3 ranked sixth against the pass.

Without Peters and potentially Talib, however, the Rams' depth at the cornerback position will be tested. Los Angeles currently has cornerbacks Sam Shields, Nickell Robey-Coleman and Troy Hill on the active roster, and Dominique Hatfield and rookie Ramon Richards on the practice squad

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...es-rams-marcus-peters-injury-calf-strain-out/

After Marcus Peters went down with what appeared to be a non-contact, lower leg injury in the first half of Sunday’s win over the Chargers, many speculated he hurt his Achilles. The training staff examined his ankle and Achilles area initially before taking him to the locker room on a cart.

Fortunately, tests showed no damage to his Achilles, and although Sean McVay called it an ankle injury after the game, Peters suffered what is believed to be a calf strain. He’ll miss two to four weeks, according to Ian Rapoport.

As Rapoport states, an MRI on Monday will confirm the diagnosis, but it appears the Rams have dodged at least one bullet with this injury. Hopefully Aqib Talib will get equally good news after exiting Sunday’s game with an ankle injury of his own.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hopefully Talib will be out less, most likely Rams add a CB and I'm hoping it's not anyone off the practice squad as they have Dominque Hatfield and Ramon Richards.

manmaderam

The one and only
This is the only "injury" update on Talib I could find, per bleacher report:

NEWS:

Los Angeles Rams cornerback Aqib Talib suffered an ankle sprain in Sunday's win over the Los Angeles Chargers, according to Pro Football Talk.

He will reportedly undergo an MRI and receive a second opinion Monday.

The veteran picked up the injury in the third quarter and was unable to return after going into the locker room.

If worse comes to worse and their both out for a bit, I wouldn't mind singing a cheap backup, like Bashaud Breeland or someone while the guys are recovering.

Psycho_X

Legend
Peters is not confirmed just assumed. Both were getting MRIs as of an hour ago. So we should know soon on both.