Marcus Peters injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
Yeah I disagree with a lot of sentiments on this board...

I'd rather he play tomorrow against maybe the best receiving tandem in the NFL... and rest if needed the next game or two.

Need him more for this game than any of the next two - that is as long as he isn't at risk to make his injury worse.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I disagree with a lot of sentiments on this board...

I'd rather he play tomorrow against maybe the best receiving tandem in the NFL... and rest if needed the next game or two.

Need him more for this game than any of the next two - that is as long as he isn't at risk to make his injury worse.
Where some are hesitant though is risking injury so that we wouldn't potentially have him vs the Saints and the Chiefs and such.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What I bolded is the thing though - if he isn't fully healthy, there will be a risk that he could make his injury worse. It could easily become a nagging injury all season long. Or from the sounds of it, it is healing quickly enough that it could be fully healthy - and if not, give him 10 more days and it almost certainly will be healthy.

I want him fully healthy. I think the Rams can beat the Vikings without him, though it will be tougher, of course. Ideally, he will be fully healthy or the NFL approximation of it and can play. But if in doubt, get him healthy. It sounds like his partner in crime won't be healthy most of the year.

Ellard80

Legend
What I bolded is the thing though - if he isn't fully healthy, there will be a risk that he could make his injury worse. It could easily become a nagging injury all season long. Or from the sounds of it, it is healing quickly enough that it could be fully healthy - and if not, give him 10 more days and it almost certainly will be healthy.

I want him fully healthy. I think the Rams can beat the Vikings without him, though it will be tougher, of course. Ideally, he will be fully healthy or the NFL approximation of it and can play. But if in doubt, get him healthy. It sounds like his partner in crime won't be healthy most of the year.

Yeah... Like I said though. If he needs to sit the next two games after this one - I'd rather he do that than sit this one.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah... Like I said though. If he needs to sit the next two games after this one - I'd rather he do that than sit this one.

But that's not the way it works. If he injures himself a bit more, we don't know if it means he needs to sit out one game, two games, or just will never be right again all season. That's why you don't rush him if in doubt. He'll have 10 days to heal if he's not quite there. He could still get injured, but it would likely be a new injury in that case.

It's a long season, no reason to risk one of the most important players on the defense for one game.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
We need to think long term. Hope he sits tomorrow.

Maybe bring him in only if he is needed.

The Vikings did just lost to one of the worst teams in the NFL at home.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm sitting Peters tomorrow no matter what if i'm the Rams.

option a)
Rush him back after injury after just 4 days, when it's difficult for even the non-injured players to recover.

option b)
Bring him back on 14 days rest.

I'd call that choice a no brainer.
This is week 4 not week 15. To be honest this is a much bigger game for Minnesota (1-1-1) who is in trouble right now.
If the Rams drop to 3-1 here big whoop. We aren't going 16-0 but we WILL win this division even without Peters or Talib or without getting a revenge win in September. Rest Peters. If he's ready for Seattle in two weeks cool...if not, rest him some more.

I know we all want to beatdown the Vikes for last year, and if they're any good we'll see them again in January. We probably still win this game without our top corners anyway. Goff and this offense is light years ahead of where they were even a year ago. More efficient, more diverse, and far more difficult to get off the field for opposing defenses. If we have to get into a shootout tomorrow because our secondary is surrendering yardage i like our chances. I think Cousins is a decent middle of the road QB. He was better in WASH under McVay though. Another system QB? :rimshot:

No reason at all to risk aggravating Peters injury tomorrow. None.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams drop to 3-1 here big whoop.

I get what you're saying and think peters should sit until he's fit enough to play. But if the rams lose they go to 1-1 in the conference whereas the Vikings go to 2-0-1. And if it comes to tie breakers at the end the Vikings will have the upper hand. I would call this a must win game if the rams have home field advantage in their plans.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I'd rather sit him than rush him back, injury risk plus if he's not fully healed he could be a coverage liability.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I trust McVay not to rush Peters back onto the playing field. We know he's cautious with his players. If he's good to go then play him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'm sitting Peters tomorrow no matter what if i'm the Rams.

option a)
Rush him back after injury after just 4 days, when it's difficult for even the non-injured players to recover.

option b)
Bring him back on 14 days rest.

I'd call that choice a no brainer.
This is week 4 not week 15. To be honest this is a much bigger game for Minnesota (1-1-1) who is in trouble right now.
If the Rams drop to 3-1 here big whoop. We aren't going 16-0 but we WILL win this division even without Peters or Talib or without getting a revenge win in September. Rest Peters. If he's ready for Seattle in two weeks cool...if not, rest him some more.

I know we all want to beatdown the Vikes for last year, and if they're any good we'll see them again in January. We probably still win this game without our top corners anyway. Goff and this offense is light years ahead of where they were even a year ago. More efficient, more diverse, and far more difficult to get off the field for opposing defenses. If we have to get into a shootout tomorrow because our secondary is surrendering yardage i like our chances. I think Cousins is a decent middle of the road QB. He was better in WASH under McVay though. Another system QB? :rimshot:

No reason at all to risk aggravating Peters injury tomorrow. None.
giphy (12).gif

JackStraw

Rookie
Where some are hesitant though is risking injury so that we wouldn't potentially have him vs the Saints and the Chiefs and such.
Play him!

If he comes out weak clearly favoring his ailment or Rams get off to huge lead

Pull 'em!

Doesn't matter

Rams still win by 10+

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather sit him than rush him back, injury risk plus if he's not fully healed he could be a coverage liability.
plus he'll get 10 more days to recover for the next game by not playing tonight. should be good to go then.

dang

Legend
I find Mcvay to be cautious when it comes to players health so I do not expect Peters to play tonight. The Rams have a much more important long term goal.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Play him!

If he comes out weak clearly favoring his ailment or Rams get off to huge lead

Pull 'em!

Doesn't matter

Rams still win by 10+
So what if he gets out there and he reaggravates and worsens the injury on his 1st play and he's now out for the season

JackStraw

Rookie
So what if he gets out there and he reaggravates and worsens the injury on his 1st play and he's now out for the season
He's not playing, now official

good call, coach (little)Mac

mac1.png

And everyone is at risk of injury on any given play so pump breaks on 'WHAT IF!!!'(y)