Marcus Peters injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't think we've been getting enough pressure from the big three up front so far in three games. The run D looks improved but i admit i expected more tangible disruption from Suh, Brockers and Donald. They've been good but hardly dominant to this point.
JMO

An observation.

Part of the reason the Rams aren't getting lots of pressure and sacks is something that is helping the defense in other ways. Teams have been keeping a TE and/or a RB in to protect on a lot of assumed passing downs. So that helps the defense in that way, less to cover so to speak. And as some have pointed out teams are getting the ball out as fast as they can.

I'm a bit let down about the run defense yesterday. I think they had to give up 150 yards, or so it seemed. And several big plays too. I thought it was the worst game of the year so far by quite a bit.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Of all the games to lose your first choice CBs its against the Vikings, who have the second best (IMO) receiving corps behind us Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph are beasts at their positions...

The vikes also have the Ole Miss first rounder can't miss WR that is finally starting to learn to catch NFL balls this season. His height & speed combo is very dangerous if his hands are on. Great college career & we don't need him showing up to the party. Cookie out of the backfield is a great screen catching RB who was all FSU had for offense & won a National Championship with Fitzmagic's backup who eats W's.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The injuries to Peters & Talib will cause this Rams team major issues Thursday night. Last yr this Viking team dominated us with a near 500 yds worth of offensive yardage! Rams only scored 7 pts.

However our current offense operation is in better overall condition too. I do expect a close game with the Vikings coming out on top by a FG, due to thier high quality & quanity of pass recievers vs our depleated DB's & lack of outside pass presure to rush Kirk Cousins.

Looking for the positive here....It will give a opportunity to learn what CB Sam Shields & Troy Hill have to offer for the future too. Shields gets his chance to star again after a very long layoff & I believe he is up to it. His performance while our starting corners are out gives him a great opportunity to earn a nice Ram contract in 6 months from now. Our 5th CB Troy Hill is better as a outside corner than Nickle but Hill's play this early season has been :puke:. Wade is sure to have our starting safety Joyner assigned as our 4th corner in this Thursday Night gm. You can not go into this gm & play the Viking with only 3 CB's! NRC will play all the defensive snaps for the first time.

Safety Marqui Christian is already playing a heavy dose of LB'er in the first 3 gms. Yesterday after OLB'er Easley went out with an injured knee, In the 2nd half, Wade used Cory Littleton to replace Easley on the outside with Marqui Christian & Ramik Wilson playing inside. Cory proved to be our best Lb'er pass rusher yesterday after the Easley injury. Safety Marqui Christian 3 gm. perfromance in the Barron post is the biggest surprise this young season. Safety Joyner needs to upgrade his overall perfromance this Thursday Night up till now its been lacking.

Issue for Wade is the only other available DB is Blake Countess. We might see DB Isaiah Johnson return once again. Vikings will test the Rams pass defence all night long.

Last edited:

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Safety Marqui Christian is already playing a heavy dose of LB'er in the first 3 gms. Yesterday after OLB'er Easley went out with an injured knee, In the 2nd half, Wade used Cory Littleton to replace Easley on the outside with Marqui Christian & Ramik Wilson playing inside. Cory proved to be our best Lb'er pass rusher yesterday after the Easley injury. Safety Marqui Christian 3 gm. perfromance in the Barron post is the biggest surprise this young season. Safety Joyner needs to upgrade his overall perfromance this Thursday Night up till now its been lacking.

All good points in your overall post. The above highlights to me that Wade is still figuring out how/where to use all the LB'ers. Seemed like a lot of substitution yesterday (it'll be interesting to see the snap counts) and a lot of moving around.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Vikings DBs are as injured as ours are.
Not sure they have as much as we do with JJ3, NRC, Shields and Joyner.
Yes their WRs are studs.
But so are ours.

And they dont have a Todd Gurley and we do...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last yr this Viking team dominated us with a near 500 yds worth of offensive yardage!
Not to worry... they don't have one thing this year that they had last year:

Future HOF shoe-in CASE KEENUM!!

MINN is doomed on offense!!

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I'm bummed that we'll likely have to take on the Dikes with our starting CBs out, but I'll say that our depth is A LOT better than most realize and I think we're still in good shape.

I just hope Peters and Talib heal quickly and are back to forcing turnovers for us in no time!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
The Vikings DBs are as injured as ours are.
Not sure they have as much as we do with JJ3, NRC, Shields and Joyner.
Yes their WRs are studs.
But so are ours.

And they dont have a Todd Gurley and we do...

I agree that the vikes may be just throwing the ball with Cooks back to just keep the run defence awake. Cooks is more used in a receiving mode. It will turn into a shootout as Goff has begun to own this offence and the timing with all of his recievers. Joyner has been playing horribly. He must get his head out of his arse. I like our WR's and our top RB in the league over the chiefs RB most love. I agree Gurley will be the difference & the vikes OL is very up & down with an expected plan to help block Brockers,Donald & Suh . I'm seeing triple teams & so many non holding calls I'm screaming at the TV at 60. They may use an extra lineman or TE as they don't have a real RB threat if Cookie is not if top form.

I saw Berry get beat by a great WR & QB on Sunday & they were better than anything the vikes have. The third down percentage we are leading the league bye is only a 6.9% chance of stopping us on third down. At home & not in vikes plastic dome & crowd as we fell off after our game opening TD drive last season. The chiefs awesome offense gets stopped on 1 of 4 3rd downs. We are not where we will finally be on offense as Goff is having his best games each week. I promise Brockers,Donald & Suh will begin to turn up the heat like they have yet to apply as they are having 5 hurries a piece as it is while being held on almost every down. The vikes will be doing what they did yesterday & throwing on almost every down. They will be forced to throw it very fast like all others have. We miss Greg Z. so much as we can score on every drive.

I love & live very close to Bonifay RAM. I'm thinking his wisdom is sharp in all he sees with our RAMS. I been watching the vikes O-Line from yesterday & I think we should be able to hurt them with our Pro Bowlers we still have playing. It's step up time. We must improve at LB along with Joyners play who is hurting us. I'm seeing a shootout we WIN.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sam Sheilds is not a downgrade. He's the fastest player on the Rams and is a ball hawk, 19 int's in his career. He played 37 snaps (the most fro db's) in the game and covered well.

Hill is a different story. He played well yesterday, but with Hill you never know which guy is going to show up. He's had games that played elite, and games he played like a knucklehead.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Are Joyner, Donald and NRC really playing poorly, as many keep suggesting, or are they just not lighting it up and creating highlights yet?

Psycho_X

Legend
Are Joyner, Donald and NRC really playing poorly, as many keep suggesting, or are they just not lighting it up and creating highlights yet?

Donald is still playing like the best DT in the league just hasn't hit pay dirt on sacks yet. And a lot of that is just cause defenses have played fast and away from him. NRC I haven't seen any reason to think he is playing poorly. He's never been a flashy stat guy just does his job. Joyner has not been playing well it seems. Maybe he's just had a few bad plays every game that highlights him negatively and been playing lights out all the other plays but he is not convincing me he deserves top safety pay these last three games. But everyone has bad games. See how the season plays out.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I see no real issues with NRC. I find no fault in Aaron Donald's play.

Now as far as Lamarcus Joyner.......he has been late often the last 3 weeks. His pass coverge, when he is not late has Not been as good as last season. How many hits have you seen LJ make? Most know I have always been a big LJ fan.....so he is disappointing me thus far. He is capable of much better play. Maybe putting on that 10 lbs on his under 5-8 frame was a bad ideal.

This Vikings gm. will give us a larger view on LJ. He will have to bring his A game Thursday & he may end up playing on a Pro Bowl receiver a first for 2018. We will be able to see up front & close....then you fans can make your own judgements.

Last edited:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Lamarcus Joyner has been late often the last 3 weeks. His pass coverge when he is not late has Not been as good as last season.

I agree, not as great as last season... but he was fantastic last season.
So far this year he seems average.
Adjusting to Talib and Peters and the way Wade has adjusted the secondary schemes to accomadate them might be affecting Joyners approach.. maybe he is fighting thru some things, who knows.

I just haven't seen him look bad.
Not great like last year, but its only 3 games and its not like he is getting beat to the point that our defense has struggled because of him.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
@badnews

I'm not liking seeing your username in this thread....ever think about changing to Good News?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
@badnews

I'm not liking seeing your username in this thread....ever think about changing to Good News?

I have actually, right before last season.
Even contacted @CGI_Ram about it... but I didn't before week 1... and we started winning.
I am not superstitious.... but unless we hit a losing streak, I ain't changing nothing but my underwear.

You should smell my feet.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, I don't see Seattle's offense keeping pace with the Rams, Denver on the road can be tricky, but again not sure they can score enough, and without Jimmy the Niners are screwed.

If they can find a way on Thursday against a highly motivated team that was just embarrassed, the Rams could go awhile without an "L".