Marcus Peters injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackStraw

Rookie
He's not playing, now official

good call, coach (little)Mac

mac1.png

And for the record every player is as risk of injury every snap. Pump the brakes a little on the 'WHAT IFS!!!'(y)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sitting Peters tomorrow no matter what if i'm the Rams.

option a)
Rush him back after injury after just 4 days, when it's difficult for even the non-injured players to recover.

option b)
Bring him back on 14 days rest.

I'd call that choice a no brainer.
This is week 4 not week 15. To be honest this is a much bigger game for Minnesota (1-1-1) who is in trouble right now.
If the Rams drop to 3-1 here big whoop. We aren't going 16-0 but we WILL win this division even without Peters or Talib or without getting a revenge win in September. Rest Peters. If he's ready for Seattle in two weeks cool...if not, rest him some more.

I know we all want to beatdown the Vikes for last year, and if they're any good we'll see them again in January. We probably still win this game without our top corners anyway. Goff and this offense is light years ahead of where they were even a year ago. More efficient, more diverse, and far more difficult to get off the field for opposing defenses. If we have to get into a shootout tomorrow because our secondary is surrendering yardage i like our chances. I think Cousins is a decent middle of the road QB. He was better in WASH under McVay though. Another system QB? :rimshot:

No reason at all to risk aggravating Peters injury tomorrow. None.

I would sit him tonight but bring him back ASAP. Home field advantage and a first round bye are more important to our success than having Peters in the playoffs IMO - I know that sounds weird, but just look at the Eagles last year. I would argue that had they gone 10-6 but had a healthy Wentz for the playoffs - no super bowl.

But 13-3, home field and no Wentz - super bowl.

Ellard80

Legend
What I bolded is the thing though - if he isn't fully healthy, there will be a risk that he could make his injury worse. It could easily become a nagging injury all season long. Or from the sounds of it, it is healing quickly enough that it could be fully healthy - and if not, give him 10 more days and it almost certainly will be healthy.

I want him fully healthy. I think the Rams can beat the Vikings without him, though it will be tougher, of course. Ideally, he will be fully healthy or the NFL approximation of it and can play. But if in doubt, get him healthy. It sounds like his partner in crime won't be healthy most of the year.

I just like how so many assume that playing with an injury makes it worse...

I've had many injuries in sports... many of them yes they can get worse of course.

But I did have some (including getting kicked in the calf - it was black and blue) that it really didn't matter.
As long as I could endure the pain.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just like how so many assume that playing with an injury makes it worse...

I've had many injuries in sports... many of them yes they can get worse of course.

But I did have some (including getting kicked in the calf - it was black and blue) that it really didn't matter.
As long as I could endure the pain.

He doesn't have a bruise - he has a calf strain. Strains can get worse.

If you aren't aware of what his injury is, why are you pontificating on it?

Ram65

Legend
Doctors will make the call. Sure wish he was healthy enough to play. My guess is they sit him out for this game.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what if he gets out there and he reaggravates and worsens the injury on his 1st play and he's now out for the season
especially with Talib now injured as well. better to get peters healthy and only lose him for 1 game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Home field advantage and a first round bye are more important to our success than having Peters in the playoffs IMO
I agree that having a bye is a huge advantage...the rest i disagree with where the this Rams team is concerned.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Chiron at bottom of NFL Network says Peters is expected to play and they were showing him moving on the field and he looked good...although he also looked a little frustrated.

I really think it’ll be a game time decision.

JackStraw

Rookie
Wow Peters goes from maybe out 6 weeks to BRING IT MOTHER FUCKERS!!

What an embodiment of toughness and bad assery!

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Chiron at bottom of NFL Network says Peters is expected to play and they were showing him moving on the field and he looked good...although he also looked a little frustrated.

I really think it’ll be a game time decision.

Frustrated ?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
If Peter's does play , I'm sure the Vikings will test him early

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Frustrated ?

Yeah. Looks like he’s really focused on fighting through.

He doesn’t look effortless, but that’s not a bad thing.

This team may have some high profile guys, but they’re double tough.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
McVay says no limitations so.... kick it Marcus! Time for another pick 6.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
He wasn't 100% but he sucked it up and stuck it out. Hell of a game. Anyone who thinks he's a problem, just doesn't get it. I'm glad he's here.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
reported he was sore after game. Has 10 days before the ShitHawks game. Looks like he will be fine moving fwd

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I'm just thankful he balled out and he didn't aggravate the injury.

The 10 days before the Seahawks will be like a bye week.

Russell Wilson should start feeling some "flu like symptoms" like 3 days before the game.