Kaep refuses to stand for the Anthem

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
For some. But, that hasn't worked for the law abiding citizens (of all races) who did not break the law but have gotten raw deals from the police.

A better solution, IMO?

Add to your comment the removal of the arrest quotas. Greatly improve police training. And probably MOST importantly, good police officers speak up and not cover for bad police officers.

I was about to post this, then I saw you already had and more concisely than whatever I would've written

fancents86

Starter
Oh, so is it your belief that the guy in Minny as well as the get other are getting shot while complying with arresting officers demands?

Pretty sure it's an attitude thing here, but go ahead with your "social major" beliefs

Carry on
No need to shyt on someone just bc they have a different view than you. You don't know anymore than him, so not sure where you get off thinking your view is more true.

Actually he might know more bc the man in minny was not under arrest, it was a traffic stop.

Mick

Pro Bowler
It was on video. but you are right. Neither of us were there or at any other of these events. So why assume that "don't break the law" is the answer if you weren't there?
Only the aftermath was on video...let's just let the investigation play out.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, so is it your belief that the guy in Minny as well as the get other are getting shot while complying with arresting officers demands?

Pretty sure it's an attitude thing here, but go ahead with your "social major" beliefs

Carry on
not my belief at all. I do believe that we shouldn't generalize situations by saying something like "oh just stop breaking the law".

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
No need to shyt on someone just bc they have a different view than you. You don't know anymore than him, so not sure where you get off thinking your view is more true.

Actually he might know more bc the man in minny was not under arrest, it was a traffic stop.

Actually he might know more bc the man in minny was not under arrest, it was a traffic stop.[/QUOTE

Hey, how about knocking off the shit comments

A traffic stop, we all know that

Again, comply with law enforcement, resist and see what happens

The time for sorting things out will present itself soon enoug

Thanks for making my point

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
agreed, but there are some facts in this case. Such as the fact that the victim in question had no prior convictions and was shot during a traffic stop. He also had a license to carry; For the record, I am usually non committal in thee kinds of discussions. I just hate generalizations.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

tumblr_nno1n2YBrf1u3l8u0o2_r1_1280.gif

tumblr_m0on55F3t71r9f8g8o1_500.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL I had to listen so I looked it up on youtube and the first comment on the video I chose said "feck off West Brom"

I laughed.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Enough with the pesky facts, lol

If folks here truly believe it's skin color not attitude during an arrest/traffic stop then more power to them.

While there may be a combo of both, I'm pretty sure things start going south fast when the subject starts getting lippy

bluecoconuts

Legend
Enough with the pesky facts, lol

If folks here truly believe it's skin color not attitude during an arrest/traffic stop then more power to them.

While there may be a combo of both, I'm pretty sure things start going south fast when the subject starts getting lippy

I dunno man, I think It depends largely on the officer. Most of my friends are smart respectable people, I'm not friends with thugs or gang members, my friends are either academics, most with PhD's, military or police.. All of us have been pulled over, and none of us have been shot.

I've been pulled over about seven times and got two tickets... Most of the time I'm given a warning and once I've even been told by the officer it was the most pleasant traffic stop he's been part of, because I was nice, respectful, didn't give him any attitude.

In all three groups of friends, my black friends that have been pulled over have at least one story of being given a hard time, and that includes my friends who are cops, who got pulled over while being a cops... Attitude goes a long way, but there are some cops that do discriminate. Hell I was in the car once when my buddy was pulled over, the cop started searching his car and said he smelled malt liquor on his breath (my friend doesn't drink), and we had to wait for backup to arrive, it was a big mess... Finally I approached the officer and asked to make a phone call.... To which I called my friend who's father is on the LA County SWAT team... He came down with a supervisor and we were allowed to leave. Even still the guy made a quip about my friend obviously looking for trouble and he knew there were drugs somewhere... When I told him he was a Dr who literally worked on rockets the cop scoffed...

It happens, but the vast majority of cops don't like it, and don't agree with it... Too often they will go along with it though. Brotherhood and all that. One of my shooting students a year back was pulled over, handcuffed and his vehicle searched (violating his 4th amendment rights) because he had a pair of shooting glasses in his cup holder... It was his first time and he actually had never shot before. He said he was used to it because "I'm brown and my name is Muhammad".... Maybe he was an asshole to the cop, but he was really nice the entire class, so I don't know. Either way, those stories are far too common to simply be people acting like a jerk to cops.

Like I said, most cops are good, but not all of them. Anytime someone gets shot people automatically take sides. Nobody wants to see what the facts are, either the victim did something wrong or the cop murdered him, and we should only look at the evidence that supports whatever theory is favorited.

Athos

Legend
First, Kaep is as phony as Wussell Wilson has always appeared to be. Nothing genuine about him. Knew that when he started trying to talk like he was raised in the hood and experienced life there.

Second, I'm tired of faux shows of patriotism and the criticism of not showing patriotism "your way/my way." It's just weird. As if people need to prove such mentality. Blind loyalty and all that.

Third. I wish our anthem was an actual piece of music and not a co-opted poem/bit of prose.

Status
Not open for further replies.