Kaep refuses to stand for the Anthem

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cops are not paid to be judge, jury and executioner.

No they're not but they are paid to defend the public and themselves. Lumping all of these incidents into one category is lazy thinking. There are times where white black and other colored cops kill people with little or no justification. There are times where they kill to defend themselves or others. There's a difference to most people in the nature of those incidents. Neither are right but it seems like only the cops are to blame and not the people, white black or other, that put them in the position to make that decision on killing or be killed.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
No they're not but they are paid to defend the public and themselves. Lumping all of these incidents into one category is lazy thinking. There are times where white black and other colored cops kill people with little or no justification. There are times where they kill to defend themselves or others. There's a difference to most people in the nature of those incidents. Neither are right but it seems like only the cops are to blame and not the people, white black or other, that put them in the position to make that decision on killing or be killed.

So I'm lazy for wanting bad Cops off the street? I value civilians just as much as Police or Military. Just because someone is a Cop I don't automatically assume they are in the right. It's funny how its innocent until proven guilty when it's a Cop. When it's a civilians word against a Cop, the civilian must have done something wrong.

Psycho_X

Legend
inbeforethelock.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess Kaepernick is just exhausted from his volunteering down in Louisiana that he isn't thinking clearly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I'm lazy for wanting bad Cops off the street? I value civilians just as much as Police or Military. Just because someone is a Cop I don't automatically assume they are in the right. It's funny how its innocent until proven guilty when it's a Cop. When it's a civilians word against a Cop, the civilian must have done something wrong.
It's lazy to act like all cops are the same. That all cops act like judge jury and executioner.

Read Kaep's own quote about his protest:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Nothing in there about good cops or bad cops.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess Kaepernick is just exhausted from his volunteering down in Louisiana that he isn't thinking clearly.
Yup all those black lives matter buses and trucks helping people and bringing supplies. No Obama, no Clinton no BLM to help people out down there in what local official are calling a bigger disaster than Hurricane Katrina. Oh well as I said in my first post this thread should be locked it won't accomplish anything and will just cause fights.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Yup all those black lives matter buses and trucks helping people and bringing supplies. No Obama, no Clinton no BLM to help people out down there in what local official are calling a bigger disaster than Hurricane Katrina. Oh well as I said in my first post this thread should be locked it won't accomplish anything and will just cause fights.

Most Cops are assumed to be good people. I don't know why it's Kaep's job to praise them. You sound like you are really bitter about BLM for whatever reason. To each their own. Have a good one OldSchool.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most Cops are assumed to be good people. I don't know why it's Kaep's job to praise them. You sound like you are really bitter about BLM for whatever reason. To each their own. Have a good one OldSchool.
Not bitter about them at all just wonder at their usefulness and their goals or how they plan on accomplishing them. You have a good one also RF46. You watching the game tonight? What's the food and beverage options? I think I'm gonna make some spaghetti for this game tonight. Not sure yet and we all know the 2nd most important thing involved in a game day is the food options for it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I hope this gets locked soon, don't see much good coming from this anymore.

Except from @OldSchool , he's trying to turn things around which is pretty cool in my book.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope this gets locked soon, don't see much good coming from this anymore.

Except from @OldSchool , he's trying to turn things around which is pretty cool in my book.
Nah I'm just one of those guys that lives in both worlds. One of my best friends and favorite people in the world is a black man living in So Cal and owning a business in downtown LA. He's half Jamaican half Chinese born in Kingston Jamaica. I understand, though can't put myself in his shoes, the struggle of racism. I also have a very good and long time friend that is a white cop in Oakland California. In spite of being married to a black woman he literally walks the neighborhood every day on the job trying to protect a black community and is public enemy #1 because he's a white cop. People hate him without even knowing him cause of the uniform and the color of his skin. Life and the world suck and it's worse when we try to help them suck by being stupid and hating each other for something as small as the color of our skin.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Not bitter about them at all just wonder at their usefulness and their goals or how they plan on accomplishing them. You have a good one also RF46. You watching the game tonight? What's the food and beverage options? I think I'm gonna make some spaghetti for this game tonight. Not sure yet and we all know the 2nd most important thing involved in a game day is the food options for it.

Spaghetti and football? How can you stand for that? :LOL:

ramfan46

Pro Bowler

Check out Campaign Zero. It's a comprehensive list of goals and actionable plans to reduce Police brutality and make stronger relationships with the community. http://www.joincampaignzero.org/#vision

I'm thinking chicken tacos with cheddar cheese, avocado and green onion. I will probably pound a few Stella's during the game and grill after. I don't have a DVR so I will have to suffer watching the game live. It's so weird to be able to watch at home on a regular broadcast channel. I'm so trained to watching shitty internet streams if I wanted to watch at home before. Remember last time we played Denver in the preseason in 2013, Tavon and Tree flashed for the first time. I'm hoping we see the same from Goff and Thomas tonight. Although, I'm most excited to see more Higbee to be honest.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Nah I'm just one of those guys that lives in both worlds. One of my best friends and favorite people in the world is a black man living in So Cal and owning a business in downtown LA. He's half Jamaican half Chinese born in Kingston Jamaica. I understand, though can't put myself in his shoes, the struggle of racism. I also have a very good and long time friend that is a white cop in Oakland California. In spite of being married to a black woman he literally walks the neighborhood every day on the job trying to protect a black community and is public enemy #1 because he's a white cop. People hate him without even knowing him cause of the uniform and the color of his skin. Life and the world suck and it's worse when we try to help them suck by being stupid and hating each other for something as small as the color of our skin.

This is a pretty awesome post old school. I bet if your two friends sat down and talked to each other they would get along fine. The media and politics is what causes a lot of hatred in the country.

IMO BLM and KKK are one in the same they both hate people for their skin color and they don't help anybody.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I don't give a freak what HE says honestly - but you're more than free to try and legitimize Colon's ego-filled nonsense

I'm not about to take this freak seriously

F KRAEPONDICK
TO HELL WITH THE 49ers!!!!

Go RAMS!!!

Sorry. I just decided to consider the message rather than apply vitriol towards the messenger which is a common problem in today's society.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yes and no, last numbers I saw had it at 82% of whites were murdered by whites but 93% of blacks were murdered by blacks. So overall numbers yes but by % of the crime no. Again all lives matter one of these days we'll get to where we don't kill each other. One of these days we'll get to where we don't burn and destroy our neighbors businesses and houses when we're mad somebody was killed especially before we know the details of what happened.

Guess we saw different statistics. Either way, it's not a contest and the main point remains in that who murders whom is intercommunity related no matter the race. Oddly enough the Black Lives Matter movement is trying to remind the masses that All Lives Matter. I just wish that they added the word "Too" so most would better understand.

In the end the killings will continue. Racism will continue. Stupidity will continue. And it doesn't matter how much melanin a person has in them, though many have been duped to believe that such makes a difference. If you believe the Bible, we live in a fallen world where things will get worse before they get better.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The only card i can ever pull out when i feel mistreated or oppressed is a Visa or drivers license. Completely ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.