Kaep refuses to stand for the Anthem

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
First, Kaep is as phony as Wussell Wilson has always appeared to be. Nothing genuine about him. Knew that when he started trying to talk like he was raised in the hood and experienced life there.

Second, I'm tired of faux shows of patriotism and the criticism of not showing patriotism "your way/my way." It's just weird. As if people need to prove such mentality. Blind loyalty and all that.

Third. I wish our anthem was an actual piece of music and not a co-opted poem/bit of prose.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

It's a pretty sad day for me to see a punk disrespect our flag, as if there are legit extenuating reasons, and receive support from fellow Americans

I'm throughly disgusted

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why isnt this thread deleted or locked?. You call a guy or punk for disrespecting a flag when you have black men getring gunned downed and kill while they are unarmed. We can argue schematics and say they were resisting we can say whatever but the simple fact is that its a problem. Then you have these young white boys raping people and get no time for it when a black boy do it he get max time, That song was written in 1814 blacks were still slaves and still considered less than human classified as 2/3rd human. That song wasnt written for black people. This threads needs to be locked, but when i ask whether SJ39 would get honored for the Rams hall of fame my thread gets deleted.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
image_zpszqodegqo.png

Thats disgusting

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lmao at this board right, a guy cant stand up for what he believes in right he has to accept the status quo he cant hope for change and equal rights for everyone he cant speak out about judicial oppression, black people should just play sports right.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
First, Kaep is as phony as Wussell Wilson has always appeared to be. Nothing genuine about him. Knew that when he started trying to talk like he was raised in the hood and experienced life there.

Second, I'm tired of faux shows of patriotism and the criticism of not showing patriotism "your way/my way." It's just weird. As if people need to prove such mentality. Blind loyalty and all that.

Third. I wish our anthem was an actual piece of music and not a co-opted poem/bit of prose.

Have you switched majors again?
:sleepz:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Lmao at this board right, a guy cant stand up for what he believes in right he has to accept the status quo he cant hope for change and equal rights for everyone he cant speak out about judicial oppression, black people should just play sports right.

Kraepondick did stand up for what he believed in - he's doing what he's doing .... Nobody here is stopping him

Don't get the anger for those of us discussing the topic or lack there of

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know that the mods don't want political talk here - and probably for good reason - but it's important for people to be talking about these kinds of issues constructively. If Kaep got conversations going across the country with his "protest" then maybe that's not such a bad thing.

I think misinformation is our real enemy. Facts aren't supposed to be as fungible as they are. I talk w people who lean differently than I do and I'm always amazed not just at our differences of opinion - but our completely different understanding of what the facts are.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kraepondick did stand up for what he believed in - he's doing what he's doing .... Nobody here is stopping him

Don't get the anger for those of us discussing the topic or lack there of

When people say he went on Ir and joining the Taliban, then what is that, when he is saying something that has directly affected me, my entire family and countless others like me i find it highly offensive Idc if people dont support him but to say things like that shows a lack of understanding about what is going on in black communities.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a pretty sad day for me to see a punk disrespect our flag, as if there are legit extenuating reasons, and receive support from fellow Americans

I'm throughly disgusted

So thats not a legitimate reason to stand up for something you believe in.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
When people say he went on Ir and joining the Taliban, then what is that, when he is saying something that has directly affected me, my entire family and countless others like me i find it highly offensive Idc if people dont support him but to say things like that shows a lack of understanding about what is going on in black communities.

Let me ask you why other players aren't doing the same thing?

It's cause it's not only wrong but misguided

The last guy who pulled this weak stuff was Chris Jackson/Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf and it doesn't play well.

Nobody of color (which I guess I am cause I am Mexican and hold dual citizenship) is gonna be following this clown 'a actions.

This 49er douche should piss you off for trivializing and self-aggrandizing what is a serious issue for all of us

lockdnram21

Legend

What does him not being From the hood matter? He's half black and standing up for what he believes in more should do the same

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me ask you why other players aren't doing the same thing?

It's cause it's not only wrong but misguided

The last guy who pulled this weak stuff was Chris Jackson/Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf and it doesn't play well.

Nobody of color (which I guess I am cause I am Mexican and hold dual citizenship) is gonna be following this clown 'a actions.

This 49er douche should pee pee you off for trivializing and self-aggrandizing what is a serious issue for all of us

How many people are afraid of losing endorsements, and REGULAR citizens are doing it, its just done in a different way this was one of the only ways he could bring attention to this matter which he has definitely done. You can question his tactics but you cant say its misguided. Especially when you talk about a country that classified blacks as less than human and another mans property

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
So thats not a legitimate reason to stand up for something you believe in.
No it's not even close

You're so far off base I don't even know where to begin

Go ahead and support the guy, and I'll just go on with my beliefs that he's a POS

It's clear neither one of us are going to budge

I'm done commenting on this

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No it's not even close

You're so far off base I don't even know where to begin

Go ahead and support the guy, and I'll just go on with my beliefs that he's a POS

It's clear neither one of us are going to budge

I'm done commenting on this

Im not off based not about this the guy can protest however he wants too. He is using his profile to spark change. Nothing is wrong with that, black people die all the time for this country for the last 200 yrs and still cant get the SAME equal treatment as our white country men. So what is off base about that.

Memphis Ram

Legend
1) Always thought Kaep was an entitled douchebag - but come on. Guess what kid - its the anthem of your country. Your feelings are irrelevant. Whether you agree or disagree with something is neither here nor there. Its symptomatic of this generation to feel their particular feelings are somehow important.

2) Quitter and a losers mentality. You don't like something your country does - try and change it. Be proud of your nation and try and make it better - don't quit on it.

The anthem of a country where minorities can and have been oppressed. Minorities who fought in conflicts / wars / revolutions who were not treated equal at the time or even afterwards. And one could also say that the ignoring of, or the deeming of the particular feelings of others in past generations irrelevant, could be what has resulted in what we see today.

Also, one could view Kapernick action as trying to change things. How? It has invoked more needed conversation that probably wouldn't exist otherwise for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.