Jenkins threatens to test free agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IMO he's the type of player that will slack off once he gets paid. If he wants anything close to one of the biggest CB contracts(which he obviously does) then I'll pass.

I would be concerned with that too.

The Rams need guys like Jenkins, and these are free agents we want to sign. Cut Jared Cook or some others to free up the cash next year

Sure cut Cook but they cannot allow Jenkins contract to throw the cap out of whack.

Not suprised. Janoris wants to play in warmer weather if he gets to choose. Just see his tweet when the first drawings of the new STL stadium came out. He complained about it being an open stadium instead of a dome in the STL climate.

Take your talents to South Beach, Rabbit. There's more strip clubs down there for you to get ready for.

Good catch ChrisW. If that is where is mind is then yeah.........syonara.

Just admit it - you don't like him/his lifestyle. Actually, he's been a model citizen since entering the league.
And one helluva CB.

I will admit that I don't care for his lifestyle with twitter pics of him being stoned. I wouldn't want my kid looking up to him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Personally, I think some team will give him more money than the Rams will want to. Which is usually what happens in free agency.
Hmmm....not necessarily....Just recently, several players (not corners) have NOT received offers and had to settle...I doubt Jenkins is treated like this, but the season is still young....anything can happen....

Snead won't overpay, though.
Not true...we have several over-paid players on the roster. Not many, but a few....most teams do...

Because he's kind of a loud mouth and says stupid things, so obviously that means he's a slacker as a player and not that great a person.
Fixed it for ya hometown!(y)

The Rams should franchise him........Franchise him for the next two years if they have to.
This actually makes sense to me...I never liked the franchise tag, but in this case, say Jenks finishes with 8-10 picks...4 returns...He'd want the mint....If he can do it again, it could possibly occur during a superbowl run...better for the team.

I think we need to sign him..homegrown talent...That's why you draft players like this...develop a risky prospect, and turn him into a star....I think the world of Kevin D. and his negotiation skillz...so if Jenks wants to be a Ram, he'll be a Ram...And he should too...the boy is bad!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Just admit it - you don't like him/his lifestyle. Actually, he's been a model citizen since entering the league.
And one helluva CB.
I find his twitter rantings humorous, that doesn't mean I don't like him. If you've never seen the "Comic Con characters read Janoris Jenkins tweets" video, I highly recommend it. You're also wrong about the model citizen as he was busted by Fisher for breaking curfew. He's also been way too inconsistent to be described as one helluva CB. He's been great this year so far, I hope this contract talk doesn't jinx it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This actually makes sense to me...I never liked the franchise tag, but in this case, say Jenks finishes with 8-10 picks...4 returns...He'd want the mint....If he can do it again, it could possibly occur during a superbowl run...better for the team.

I think we need to sign him..homegrown talent...That's why you draft players like this...develop a risky prospect, and turn him into a star....I think the world of Kevin D. and his negotiation skillz...so if Jenks wants to be a Ram, he'll be a Ram...And he should too...the boy is bad!

The only problem is that Weed doesn't grow as far north as St. Louis

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I find his twitter rantings humorous, that doesn't mean I don't like him. If you've never seen the "Comic Con characters read Janoris Jenkins tweets" video, I highly recommend it. You're also wrong about the model citizen as he was busted by Fisher for breaking curfew. He's also been way too inconsistent to be described as one helluva CB. He's been great this year so far, I hope this contract talk doesn't jinx it.
Lol you mention 1 incident his 1st year compared to what people was saying that he was go be out the league in 2 years get arrested and get busted for smoking weed he has been a model citizen. All those people who had bad character concerns coming out of college and Jenkins is the only 1 left standing

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well it is not the ideal climate anyway. The plants get way bigger a bit south.
200.gif

tonyl711

Starter
but one the Rams seem to have faith in, Quick and GRob come to mind, personally i would rather take production over potential, but sometimes it pans out.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Guys who finally become consistently good in their contract year, damn it pisses me off. Tough game for management to win at.

One of the reasons 6-7 year rebuilding plans (like the one we're on) are nonexistent in the NFL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
personally i would rather take production over potential, but sometimes it pans out.
Curious...how can you tell production, when both "products" are going to a league where neither is guaranteed to do anything? I mean....It's not like Quick or G-Rob didn't dominate their competition on whatever level they came from? Why would you want a player that's potential to dominate at the pro level, is less? Both types seem like risks....

tonyl711

Starter
why is everyone so suprised that it took him till year 3 to really pick his game up? that is just about right, DB is not an easy position to learn, your on an island and you think the other teams best WRs dont put moves on them like they have never seen before? IMO one reason he is doing better this year is GW is having them play more press coverage, that 10 yard cushion killed us in the past.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Its Obvious many here have JJ as one of their favorites in Horns here. I think @Elmgrovegnome Nailed the correct response for all the Free Agents we may like to resign. I see Trumaine Johnson also pulling in some Interceptions this final contract season and is quite the player if he keeps his emotions under control. (No more body slams outta bounds).

Dimitroff will NOT put this team in cap danger . Sign Tru. First and lets let JJ play his VERY Best without injury possibly into the Playoffs if EVERYTHING goes right FINALLY. He is not Revis in his prime by any means but Fisher would Love to show the team he wants to Keep his own most of all. The Franchise Tag would be GREAT to see if once he gets paid if his Skills will slip as we have seen with a Titans CB & TE that GOT PAID. Fisher loves CB's more than any position.

Keeping Depth at CB is crucial as we All will see if E. J. Gaines can really overcome a successfull Lis Franc injury & surgery. With Roberson at the end of this season possibly showing us we have another diamond in the rough on board. Joyner will continue to get better this year and next. I'm all for snead taking another stab at finding a GEM. Keep the streak alive. These guys get nicked and having Depth with all our Safties and our awesome front 4 who I think will get an infusion this Draft early with at least 4 ...$-3 DE's and a couple 3-4 DE's that could fit also as in Oakman and Mich. St.'s pass rusher. These two are well down the list of pass rushers behind Bosa and others rising OKLA. ST.

Just wait till the year ALL of our OL become Free Agents together. That year will be insane. Surely we will extend a couple earlier as I see Wichmann as a future starter also from this draft and who knows about Williams and Battle?

I also personally want Reggie Ragland who calls all of Bama's "D" just like our own JL to come on board and give JL some rest time to extend his career in Horns as Ayers is still lacking and so is Fairley. So glad we have Pasat growing and developing with Longacre. Reggie is currently rated around 4th or 5th in the MLB draft race. Give him a watch as he wears #19 and covers passes and blitzes and stops the run at LOS and Rushes as a DE also as he also calls all the "D" sets for Bama. (Great Experience).

We will address WR's and possibly take a shot at one of the FA Tight Ends as we say goodbye to Cook. Maybe we continue to stay ALL homegrown.

JJ will get a more than fair offer as he will have to continue to play at least 11 more games at a shutdown level for the Franchise Tag as it will keep him playing at a high level and not let him bleed us. We can get a much better deal (I HOPE) from TJ. Its gonna be fun to keep this Defense fresh and fireing on ALL cylinders .

We Finally have our "O" headed in the right direction. Britt & Quick still have time to prove they can still get it done. I'll be patient to see how it All shakes out. Keep restocking the cabinets Snead with Kevin D. doing whats best for the HORNS. Things are starting to look UP if all Gels and keeps improving. Get Well AO & CL. NO INJURIES!!!:yess:

tonyl711

Starter
Curious...how can you tell production, when both "products" are going to a league where neither is guaranteed to do anything? I mean....It's not like Quick or G-Rob didn't dominate their competition on whatever level they came from? Why would you want a player that's potential to dominate at the pro level, is less? Both types seem like risks....
how many WRs had better college numbers than Quick? how many were from division 1 schools instead of Appalachian State, Fisher and Snead both said they drafted him for his potential, GRob was drafted over Mathews for his potential, again Fisher and Snead both said this, your right theres no way you can say how they will do in the NFL, but you do have a college career to look at, like i say sometime the ptential pans out sometimes it dont, does the name Barron ring a bell. i would just rather go by what you have done rather than what your potential says you might do.

tonyl711

Starter
Yes I mention the facts when someone is wrong.
50470066.jpg

Not sure what your problem is, but go re-read my posts and you'll see nothing about me that's anti-JJ so maybe go find someone else to hassle? I'm just here for the cool buzz.
you did call him out for a curfew violation, if thats all he has done i would say he has been a pretty good NFL citizen.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yes I mention the facts when someone is wrong.
50470066.jpg

Not sure what your problem is, but go re-read my posts and you'll see nothing about me that's anti-JJ so maybe go find someone else to hassle? I'm just here for the cool buzz.

Me too. it's all good.
(Until you break curfew).:argue:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I would have preferred that JJ had kept salary talks out of the public arena. Let his agent work behind the scene with Demoff. Then again, that's only mildly annoying, huh?
Everyone keeps saying this, and I get it and i get it's your opinion, but what could the guy do? He was asked a question, so he answered. If he doesn't answers and gets vague or says it's nothing he wants to talk about or etc then that will be sensationalized and we'd all probably be sitting here fighting on how far apart or close they are to a deal and if JJ is being a hassle or not.

There's really no way to win, not when you HAVE to deal with the media.