Jenkins threatens to test free agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Still would rather go 1 year at 14. I would like to see more than 1 year of him playing at this level. Not ready to go long term with JJ. The team still has leverage, they should use it if they have to

RamzFanz

Damnit
If you want a shutdown CB, you pay for Jenkins. I think with Gaines, it's possible we don't pay.

lockdnram21

Legend
If we dont resign him we will need to draft cb high or get a good one in FA. Hes our #1 cb. The rest we have are #2 and #3 cbs

lockdnram21

Legend
If you want a shutdown CB, you pay for Jenkins. I think with Gaines, it's possible we don't pay.
Gaines is a good cb to guard #2 and #3 receivers but not the best receiver on field. Him and Tru. Jenkins is playing better then a lot of cb

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
Gaines is a good cb to guard #2 and #3 receivers but not the best receiver on field. Him and Tru. Jenkins is playing better then a lot of cb

Exactly. When we play a guy like Dez or Brown, Jenkins is the guy we put on them. He's a true #1 cb. Tru has made significant progress, but he's still not someone I would trust all game on the big play wrs.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That doesn't mean you don't even look to upgrade a serious defect in your offense. I realize that we aren't the only ones looking at Jeffrey but the same will be said of JJ as well. I'm not advocating breaking the bank for either one. Just that if push came to shove cap wise the team is better off with TJ at corner and a guy like AJ at WR vs JJ and TJ both at corner. And we still may very well need OL help again if the rookies and GRob don't get it together. If Jenkins were to get injured today, this is still a NFC champ defense. This is not a champion offense. Whether or not Fisher does anything about that who knows.
If Jenkins get hurt you will find out real quick how wrong you are. We will go back to playing soft coverage. And GRob the last two games have played very good even his pass blocking has gotten better Fisher and Co aren't about to dump this one line after 1 year. So you wanna pay tru and get AJ and that's better for the team cap wise how. It doesn't make sense you aren't being realistic as to the market value of AJ or what even tru might want. I would rather spend 18 million a year for Jenkins and tru then 16 million for Trumaine and AJ

lockdnram21

Legend
That doesn't mean you don't even look to upgrade a serious defect in your offense. I realize that we aren't the only ones looking at Jeffrey but the same will be said of JJ as well. I'm not advocating breaking the bank for either one. Just that if push came to shove cap wise the team is better off with TJ at corner and a guy like AJ at WR vs JJ and TJ both at corner. And we still may very well need OL help again if the rookies and GRob don't get it together. If Jenkins were to get injured today, this is still a NFC champ defense. This is not a champion offense. Whether or not Fisher does anything about that who knows.
Tru and Gaines are downgrades from Jenkins. Neither can guard #1s. We coukd use a upgrade at wr bjt it want mean anything if The line and Foles dont Improve. I just dont see wr as that big of a need. If we dont resign Jenkins we will be picking Cb high in the draft. Would rather reign Jenkins and draft a receiver

fancents86

Starter
Jenkins has been playing lights out. I don't know sh!t about contracts but I would pay him close to what he's asking and add on performance bonuses that could equate to what he wants or more. If that's possible.

lockdnram21

Legend
Exactly. When we play a guy like Dez or Brown, Jenkins is the guy we put on them. He's a true #1 cb. Tru has made significant progress, but he's still not someone I would trust all game on the big play wrs.
Yep and Brown did next to nothing when Jenkins was coverng him. James Jones non existent when Jenkins was on him

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tru and Gaines are downgrades from Jenkins. Neither can guard #1s. We coukd use a upgrade at wr bjt it want mean anything if The line and Foles dont Improve. I just dont see wr as that big of a need. If we dont resign Jenkins we will be picking Cb high in the draft. Would rather reign Jenkins and draft a receiver
Completely agree.