CB Darious Williams Returns to Rams on 3yr Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hopefully this ends Witherspoons time here.
Hater.

Agreed on it being a good signing. Perfect for pre-draft and lowers the need a bit. And I've always appreciated DW.

Welcome back young feller. :clinkingbeer:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Excellent signing! Now hoping we can still afford an edge and we can go BPA (likely still on D) in the first.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Awesome. Now get us a big CB in the draft. If not Quinyon or Arnold at 19, then later on getting one of Cooper, Khyree Jackson, Tampa in the 2-3rd rounds

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
He's an adequate 2 or 3 and not a 1 like he was forced into here. I've thanked him for the year but would just as soon play against him than anything.
I did feel like his play fell off. Not sure if the Safeties were messing up but seemed like he was playing catch up a lot at the end of the season.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
I think he'd be a GREAT mentor to Cooper DeJean. Both excel in zone and can move around the backfield..

Also, both are ballhawks and would absolutely feed on each other.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I did feel like his play fell off. Not sure if the Safeties were messing up but seemed like he was playing catch up a lot at the end of the season.
His last year here we were shifting him between outside corner and nickel at times and it just didn't work, once we put him back outside he started playing like he usually did.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
His last year here we were shifting him between outside corner and nickel at times and it just didn't work, once we put him back outside he started playing like he usually did.
Makes sense. I also had major questions about our Safeties and backend communications.. seemed like an annoying amount of broken coverage/miscommunication.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Awesome. Now get us a big CB in the draft. If not Quinyon or Arnold at 19, then later on getting one of Cooper, Khyree Jackson, Tampa in the 2-3rd rounds
Wild how improved our CB room will be if we get Q or Arnold to add to DWill. The guys we had starting can now be depth.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Makes sense. I also had major questions about our Safeties and backend communications.. seemed like an annoying amount of broken coverage/miscommunication.
Yeah, there were a lot of changes that affected that defense that people didn't really pay attention to that year from our historic year before. One of them was losing Troy Hill which really made using Ramsey at STAR super easy due to his inside/out versatility at corner. Rams tried to force Williams into that role and it was not working at the beginning of the season. Can't exactly speak to what was going on with safeties that year. Coverage like oline play is hard to critique cause without knowing the call, you can't really know exactly who's screwing up. You can certainly make an educated guess though.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That should just about finish up the extra money we have for free agents, with the large provisos of whatever the hell we do with Noteboom and if there are any restructures / unforeseen cuts.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
That should just about finish up the extra money we have for free agents, with the large provisos of whatever the hell we do with Noteboom and if there are any restructures / unforeseen cuts.
The Rams aren't done yet.. they're gonna be major players get.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are likely going to restructure to get some more cap. They are all in this season and really need an edge prior to the draft. A Safety would also be a nice add prior.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are likely going to restructure to get some more cap. They are all in this season and really need an edge prior to the draft. A Safety would also be a nice add prior.

Let's not perpetuate that again....even if we maximize the cap room for this year, next year we have 80-100 million in cap space right now. We can kick $30 million to next year, extend Ernest Jones and still be fine. Especially because AD is likely to retire after this season.

And we have our future picks - so it wouldn't be "all in" - it would be what other teams would consider to be all in, but we have so many chips, it's less than half of the total.