CB Darious Williams Returns to Rams on 3yr Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Man looking at what other teams have done, I don't think anyone has improved as much as we have. Most teams either retained some of their own players or had to lose good players to sign others (Niners and Dolphins).

We stand to lose four starters - Witherspoon, Shelton, Fuller and JJ - the former two, we upgraded. The latter two, jury is still out but are average players to begin with.

We are going to the Super Bowl next year.
I don't know, Eagles have had a pretty good free agency, but I like what we have done. And I agree, we ARE going to the Super Bowl.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Vaki is solid. Bishop is going to go highly. Don't sleep on Malik Mustapha (Wake Forest) in Day 3 either; he has the Kobie Turner connection, and I guarantee the Rams are taking a long look at him. But I much prefer Taylor-Demerson; I've admittedly fallen in love with his tape. Tyler Owens got more press (especially since he's an idiot who doesn't believe in outer space), but DTD was a much better player.

I understand the hesitance on DTD, but there's a lot of really good safeties out there that aren't that big. As I say to my dad whenever he bitches about taking "small players" in hockey: it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. DTD absolutely has that physicality; he will lay running quarterbacks and running backs out, and unlike Lamarcus Joyner, he's actually a very solid cover safety who was trusted in the slot.
Arm length is more important than height, to some extent. Does DTD have long arms?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Vaki is solid. Bishop is going to go highly. Don't sleep on Malik Mustapha (Wake Forest) in Day 3 either; he has the Kobie Turner connection, and I guarantee the Rams are taking a long look at him. But I much prefer Taylor-Demerson; I've admittedly fallen in love with his tape. Tyler Owens got more press (especially since he's an idiot who doesn't believe in outer space), but DTD was a much better player.

I understand the hesitance on DTD, but there's a lot of really good safeties out there that aren't that big. As I say to my dad whenever he bitches about taking "small players" in hockey: it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. DTD absolutely has that physicality; he will lay running quarterbacks and running backs out, and unlike Lamarcus Joyner, he's actually a very solid cover safety who was trusted in the slot.
Draft buzz projects Bishop to round 4. DTD to round 3. Vaki 6th.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Calen Bullock has the height and arm length going for him. Plus good forty and ten yard split.

His weakness is run defense, which I’m sure the Rams won’t like. He’s only 188 lbs. maybe they can put some muscle on him.

James Williams at 6’-4” has the height and huge wingspan.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
With the Draft.. the D should get a significant influx of talent.
No reason they can’t get to the 15-16 range.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
With the Draft.. the D should get a significant influx of talent.
No reason they can’t get to the 15-16 range.
It wouldn’t surprise me if the D starts 2 rookies and a couple more see significant time. It’s going to be the youth movement except for that MACK truck rolling into town.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I love corners that can play the ball. Nothing more annoying than watching the drones who chase wideouts and try to faceguard them. Get your fuckin head around.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That play vs the Giants saved the game. And that pick vs Seattle was epic. Metcalf blowing up on the sidelines and DWill had to know they were gonna go to him. Huge pick.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm starting to see more mocks that have edge rushers like Verse, Laitu and Robinson going later in the first round. Don't know if that means anything. But if one of those guys is there at 19 I'd like to see us pick one. And a corner in the second round. Still some good value in the second round.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm starting to see more mocks that have edge rushers like Verse, Laitu and Robinson going later in the first round. Don't know if that means anything. But if one of those guys is there at 19 I'd like to see us pick one. And a corner in the second round. Still some good value in the second round.
It's gonna be nail bitey but Robinson will definitely be there, not sure worth picking at 19 but there's also a chance that Verse or Laitu can be there. The real question becomes how many tackle/guards and WRs go before 19.