CB Darious Williams Returns to Rams on 3yr Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LT? ILB2? CB2? DE? K?

Assuming Alaric gets tendered and doesn't sign elsewhere (safe assumption), we have our LT

ILB2 is never a glaring hole with this team

CB2 currently could be a battle between DK/Tomlinson/Durant - we've drafted them and developed them

I'm assuming you mean DE as in DL on this team and not edge - with AD/Bobby Brown/Turner/Johnson, that's not a glaring need

K...sure

But the spirit of what I was saying is, we can go any direction with our day one/two picks. All of those positions need some depth, but all could be day three picks and we'd be fine. Some will likely be day two picks, and that's fine too....I'm just saying we don't need to force anything if we sign a safety and edge rusher.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jackson 51 mil, Parkinson 22.5 mil, DWill ?? Are any of their free agents going to approach 20 mil? I don't think so. I guess they figure they're guaranteed a 3rd round comp for Morris in 2025....who needs any more? Maybe we should call it "fuck them comps"!!:laugh4:

We are definitely out on comp picks.....no FAs leaving are going to get paid enough. But DWill was cut and I imagine the safety we end up signing will have been a cut or JJ/Fuller.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We are definitely out on comp picks.....no FAs leaving are going to get paid enough. But DWill was cut and I imagine the safety we end up signing will have been a cut or JJ/Fuller.
Curious how it works in a yr where a lot of teams are signing guys due to more cap room. If so its possible a lot of teams get comp picks canceled out if there is some equality on spending and or with a lot of guys being cut, who don't factor anyway.

Do they still hand out 32 comp picks? I assume they do, because now if they have less than 32, they will then assign picks to the worst teams per the draft order to fill out the last few picks.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't even remember Darious being targeted in the Super Bowl run....we probably should have kept him and dumped Ramsey to begin with
Yeah, when I saw it mentioned that he returns to where he won a SB, I thought it was wrong. I was thinking he left after his breakout yr after 2020.

So yeah, he was not targeted in that playoff run much at all. I dont recall him making any big plsys, but no bad plays either.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
We haven’t even hit the draft yet and our D is already improved over last year.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Great signing as we need help in our secondary. So far some solid pick ups. I'm sure there is more to come.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If they add an edge they can go any direction with round 1 which I love. Right now I'm hoping for Latu or Verse but if they secure edge then receiver and corner go way up my list. Love Dejean and I would use him in the star role.
Would you be happy if they traded two first rounders to move up to pick Odunze? Theoretically they would be free to try anything. If McVay likes him enough I imagine they would at least try.

Btw I like Bishop a lot also, and Sione Vaki.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jackson 51 mil, Parkinson 22.5 mil, DWill ?? Are any of their free agents going to approach 20 mil? I don't think so. I guess they figure they're guaranteed a 3rd round comp for Morris in 2025....who needs any more? Maybe we should call it "fuck them comps"!!:laugh4:
Well, Dwill was a cap casualty cut so he wouldn’t count but still it doesn’t look good

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Love this for the D

Add vets to the secondary and draft young hungry fuckers everywhere.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
They can still match whatever offer he receives
Sure but it could be an onerous amount, that's too much to match.

There’s no reason to risk it (that I can see).

The difference between the low tender, and a second round tender is less than $2M. I don’t see that as a sufficient enough amount to risk losing a good, young starting LT … especially without a viable replacement.

I’m shocked it’s even an issue.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Don't love it, don't hate it. Offers familiarity.

But really hoping we get away from smaller, soft DBs. He's 30 now and CBs really drop off.
He had 4 picks including 60 yd pick 6 , i forced fumble and had 19 passes defended last year,
Seems to be aging very well.
Always loved D.W. welcome home!!!

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would you be happy if they traded two first rounders to move up to pick Odunze? Theoretically they would be free to try anything. If McVay likes him enough I imagine they would at least try.

Btw I like Bishop a lot also, and Sione Vaki.
I wouldn't mind it at all. The window is now so I'm not tied to the picks and I think Odunze and Nakua can be the future at the receiver spots.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's still playing at a high level. Not All-Pro but is still Pro Bowl caliber. It was the cost and our cap situation, not pride or any of that. We let everyone with a big contract go.
Yeah I'm happy to see him thrive. Him and Peters were such good Rams in terms of buying in.