CB Darious Williams Returns to Rams on 3yr Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
The Rams are giving out 3 year deals. That’s the window. They are being more aggressive already. I think AD chooses to ride it out and hang around for two more, or a Super Bowl, whichever comes first.
So you’re saying he plays only one more year and retires. ;)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Welcome back, Darious! I love this move, I absolutely fucking love this move. If he can be a veteran presence for Durant, THT, and whichever two younger cornerbacks you draft, that's a solid move, but he can still ball.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That should just about finish up the extra money we have for free agents, with the large provisos of whatever the hell we do with Noteboom and if there are any restructures / unforeseen cuts.
I don’t think so. I’d imagine there is still near $10M in the coffers. Enough to sign a backup QB with a little change left over to keep someone else. Now is the period for the Rams to restructure to dig up enough cap to land an Edge. It’s very doable but probably not enough for Hunter. But the Rams have a habit of doing what we don’t expect so…

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So you’re saying he plays only one more year and retires. ;)
I’m thinking we are on a 2 to 3 yr plan, meaning AD gets extended another year and probably Stafford too.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I don’t think so. I’d imagine there is still near $10M in the coffers. Enough to sign a backup QB with a little change left over to keep someone else. Now is the period for the Rams to restructure to dig up enough cap to land an Edge. It’s very doable but probably not enough for Hunter. But the Rams have a habit of doing what we don’t expect so…

Is there a possibility to restructure Stafford's contract further via extension? Obviously, we're rolling with him at quarterback.

Not interested in Hunter, though, and never have been.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Are we going to re-sign Witherspoon?

Doubtful. I'd personally use two picks in the draft for corners, and I bet the Rams are thinking something similar. We already have Durant, Kendrick, and THT to add to D-Will. I still have a lot of faith in Durant to rebound, and if THT can cut down on the penalties, he has real potential; we're talking about a former Thorpe winner. ...And I suppose Kendrick is...there.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Doubtful. I'd personally use two picks in the draft for corners, and I bet the Rams are thinking something similar. We already have Durant, Kendrick, and THT to add to D-Will. I still have a lot of faith in Durant to rebound, and if THT can cut down on the penalties, he has real potential; we're talking about a former Thorpe winner. ...And I suppose Kendrick is...there.
Agree, we are more likely to hang on to one of our safeties. Thinking we draft two to three DBs in this draft. Although the studs will be gone after Rd 2, there are quite a few promising 2nd tier guys this year.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Agree, we are more likely to hang on to one of our safeties. Thinking we draft two to three DBs in this draft. Although the studs will be gone after Rd 2, there are quite a few promising 2nd tier guys this year.

I do love Lake and Yeast, and Jason Taylor II has potential. Don't think we hang on to Fuller or JJ3 unless we're talking vet minimum. Looking at safety, though...one name is jumping out aside from the obvious: Dadrion Taylor-Demerson (riser, would have to spend a third on, and is short and slight - 5'10", 197 lbs. - but is a definite deep safety that we need). He's someone I've targeted in my mock.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Is there a possibility to restructure Stafford's contract further via extension? Obviously, we're rolling with him at quarterback.

Not interested in Hunter, though, and never have been.
Hunter would probably make our whole D much better but the price pushes the cap into an uncomfortable place for more than one year to me. Its a perfect time to talk Stafford and AD into extensions freeing up a hefty chunk of cap change. Draft an OT early and Noteboom will be more inclined to restructure too. Kupp may even be willing to restructure but I think that is probably a last case scenario.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Hunter would probably make our whole D much better but the price pushes the cap into an uncomfortable place for more than one year to me. Its a perfect time to talk Stafford and AD into extensions freeing up a hefty chunk of cap change. Draft an OT early and Noteboom will be more inclined to restructure too. Kupp may even be willing to restructure but I think that is probably a last case scenario.

Definitely Stafford and AD. Doubt Noteboom is on our team; I think he's a late cut, and there's too many good linemen in this class. I'd be hesitant to restructure Kupp, and I've been vocal with my concerns with his potential decline.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I do love Lake and Yeast, and Jason Taylor II has potential. Don't think we hang on to Fuller or JJ3 unless we're talking vet minimum. Looking at safety, though...one name is jumping out aside from the obvious: Dadrion Taylor-Demerson (riser, would have to spend a third on, and is short and slight - 5'10", 197 lbs. - but is a definite deep safety that we need). He's someone I've targeted in my mock.
I can’t stop picking Sione Vaki and Dominique Hampton late in drafts. Cole Bishop is always a target early in the draft. I would not pass on him if he’s there in the 3rd.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I can’t stop picking Sione Vaki and Dominique Hampton late in drafts. Cole Bishop is always a target early in the draft. I would not pass on him if he’s there in the 3rd.
I guess I don’t want to look at a safety unless he’s at least 6 ft and 200 lbs.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Vaki is solid. Bishop is going to go highly. Don't sleep on Malik Mustapha (Wake Forest) in Day 3 either; he has the Kobie Turner connection, and I guarantee the Rams are taking a long look at him. But I much prefer Taylor-Demerson; I've admittedly fallen in love with his tape. Tyler Owens got more press (especially since he's an idiot who doesn't believe in outer space), but DTD was a much better player.

I guess I don’t want to look at a safety unless he’s at least 6 ft and 200 lbs.

I understand the hesitance on DTD, but there's a lot of really good safeties out there that aren't that big. As I say to my dad whenever he bitches about taking "small players" in hockey: it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. DTD absolutely has that physicality; he will lay running quarterbacks and running backs out, and unlike Lamarcus Joyner, he's actually a very solid cover safety who was trusted in the slot.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
And I forgot about this guy, probably a 4th Rd pick.

Kitan Oladapo S Oregon State

Height: 6 - 2 |Weight: 216 lbs |RAS: 8.08

The defensive leader of the Beavers' defense, Kitan Oladapo is certainly physically imposing and productive. He lined up all over last year, which is good for exposure but also didn't mitigate his weaknesses. The good news is he translates well into modern NFL defenses that favor multi-safety looks that have one drop into the box as a freelancer.
Oladapo struggles mightily when he's a slot corner in a man assignment because he's too stiff and reactive. This isn't a surprise for a 6'2", 214-pounder. The right role will get him in coverage against tight ends, bigger receivers, or as a roamer.
He's much more effective coming downhill or providing support coverage. A terrific tackler and capable blitzer, Oladapo has the potential to be very good in the right scheme. For now, he has an early Day 3 grade with room to grow. - Ian Valentino

Memento

Name
Jemma
And I forgot about this guy, probably a 4th Rd pick.

Kitan Oladapo S Oregon State

Height: 6 - 2 |Weight: 216 lbs |RAS: 8.08

The defensive leader of the Beavers' defense, Kitan Oladapo is certainly physically imposing and productive. He lined up all over last year, which is good for exposure but also didn't mitigate his weaknesses. The good news is he translates well into modern NFL defenses that favor multi-safety looks that have one drop into the box as a freelancer.
Oladapo struggles mightily when he's a slot corner in a man assignment because he's too stiff and reactive. This isn't a surprise for a 6'2", 214-pounder. The right role will get him in coverage against tight ends, bigger receivers, or as a roamer.
He's much more effective coming downhill or providing support coverage. A terrific tackler and capable blitzer, Oladapo has the potential to be very good in the right scheme. For now, he has an early Day 3 grade with room to grow. - Ian Valentino

Eh...not a huge fan of Oladapo. Poor at coverage, and we already have Lake and Taylor II for the same role.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Welcome back, Darious! I love this move, I absolutely fucking love this move. If he can be a veteran presence for Durant, THT, and whichever two younger cornerbacks you draft, that's a solid move, but he can still ball.
He’s a great value, imo. And knowing he’s a scheme and locker room fit immediately is a big deal.
Draft a corner with a little size & you’re in good shape.
That pass rush…. Woof.. needs some talent.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
So we're going Edge, CB, Edge, CB, RB, WR with the first six!!! Book it!! :biggrin:

Wait. What I meant to say was CB, Edge, CB, Edge, WR, RB!!!