Brawl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
Who - the Rams or the Cowboys?
Both teams did crap yesterday but the Rams have a reputation for it under Fisher. The national news talks about it, other players and coaches talk about it, and the refs even look for it when they're assigned the Rams. It's one thing to play with an edge. It's another to always be talking smack and getting in fights and leading the league(or close to it) in penalties. I'm just tired of it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can't be the only one that enjoyed this.

I think Claiborne just earned his roster spot. ;)

IF It was Claiborne, I hope he get's a Roster Spot because of it!!! If Not I have this for Him!!

55555.jpg
:D
Hate is too mild a word, for me, when it comes to the Cowboy's!!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm getting tired of this stuff too. In the beginning, I think it worked ok for Fisher... trying to get the team to play with an attitude. But now it seems like the Rams are the worst, dirtiest, bush-league team in the NFL, especially the defensive backs. It's not cute anymore. Fish needs to do something about it!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm shocked that a former Cowboy and Dallas sports radio guy used negative hyperbole to talk about the fracas. (i.e Babe Laufenberg).

Nothing said about things like Quick being tackled despite the do not tackle beanie, or things like that. Or Dez repeatedly rushing into fights both days. Nope, it was all Rams.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Some of you guys need to relax.

This is Fishers m.o.
Field a team that plays with a chip on its shoulder. One that plays up to the boundaries of what is allowed.
Sometimes these guys will cross that line. Fisher knows this. He can't publicly condone it, but he is ok with it.
Why?

Because when we are in a tough game, coming down to the wire, our guys will NOT be intimidated.

Remember Linehans Rams?
Remember Spags and the infamous "4 pillars"?

I do, and while they are nice in theory, in the real world where football is played by big mean men, nice guys finish last.

I'm all for it.
"Hit em again Claiborne!"

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of you guys need to relax.

This is Fishers m.o.
Field a team that plays with a chip on its shoulder. One that plays up to the boundaries of what is allowed.
Sometimes these guys will cross that line. Fisher knows this. He can't publicly condone it, but he is ok with it.
Why?

Because when we are in a tough game, coming down to the wire, our guys will NOT be intimidated.

Remember Linehans Rams?
Remember Spags and the infamous "4 pillars"?

I do, and while they are nice in theory, in the real world where football is played by big mean men, nice guys finish last.

I'm all for it.
"Hit em again Claiborne!"
And I could care less in a scrimmage.

That said, this time of year is when you teach discipline... when to fight... and when not to.

You are right... this is Fisher's MO. Fine. Just don't let it cause us to lose a real game because one of these players decides he's "not going to be intimidated".

What would you rather have?
* A team that is not intimadated but loses 2 morew games because they can't play withing themselves?
* Or a team that wins 2 more games because they do know how to play within themselves.

Sorry... you can win and still not be a bully. Really, you can.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just worry that it shows it is easy to get in their heads. OBJ did it last year, now it looks like the Boys did it this year...SS probably has already placed calls to both asking what really sets us off...

We all know how it goes the instigator generally walks away with the smile and the retaliator walks back 15yrds....teams will use that against you if they can.
Yup.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You could tell this would happen...Some backs would run through the line and get hit pretty hard....maybe twice...and you could tell they didn't like it...
Kinda mad I didn't see this live....but it would have been terrible for the kids...trying to explain what happened...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fights happen in just about every team's camp going back to the beginning of football.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You ever seen that 30 for 30 on the Bad Boy Pistons?

I think it's Joe Dumars who said in there, "we'd come into town, and read press clippings from guys on the other team, saying, 'we ain't scared of the Detroit Pistons, if we have to fight them, will fight them' and we knew we had already won. Because they weren't concerned with winning a basketball game."

I think being aggressive is a great characteristic for a football team...but it needs to be controlled aggression. If you have teams worried about whether they can beat YOU in a fight...you've won a mental battle. If you are concerned about getting "punked" it seems to me like the shoe's on the other foot.

I think if we're going to play this game, we need to get to a place where we're winning that mental battle. Our main priority needs to be winning the battle on the scoreboard while the other team is worried about fighting us.

Maybe that just comes with experience.
Very well said!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone remember the scrimmage between the Rams and Titans (under Fisher) the year after we beat them in the super bowl?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And I could care less in a scrimmage.

That said, this time of year is when you teach discipline... when to fight... and when not to.

You are right... this is Fisher's MO. Fine. Just don't let it cause us to lose a real game because one of these players decides he's "not going to be intimidated".

What would you rather have?
* A team that is not intimadated but loses 2 morew games because they can't play withing themselves?
* Or a team that wins 2 more games because they do know how to play within themselves.

Sorry... you can win and still not be a bully. Really, you can.

Don't be sorry for disagreeing with something I never said.
Really, you don't need to...

Also, feel free to whine about our style after it costs us games this year.
I will definitely cheer it in when it wins us some.....

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Both teams did crap yesterday but the Rams have a reputation for it under Fisher. The national news talks about it, other players and coaches talk about it, and the refs even look for it when they're assigned the Rams. It's one thing to play with an edge. It's another to always be talking smack and getting in fights and leading the league(or close to it) in penalties. I'm just tired of it.

Well the Cowboys have a history of this too. Same thing happened in Oakland where there was a full on brawl. The common demominator is the Cowboys. For what its worth hasnt Seattle been the most of close the most penalized teams the last 2 years?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sounds fair. (y)

Btw- my apologies for coming off like an asshole there.
"Whine" wasn't a fair word.

You have a concern and it's at least partially valid.
I just don't see it in the same way is all.