Brawl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So, let me ask you...

Were you concerned about how the players behaved because of the kids... or are you concerned as well?
The kids, I'm pretty well schooled on how grown men, playing a kids game can act. My daughter doesn't really KNOW how people are...Nor, can I try to tell her, this is how some people act but you need to solve your problems in another fashion, without looking somewhat like a hypocrite....Cheering on guys behaving...childishly...catch-22. IMO

This fighting is a sign...like penalties, slow starts, and other mental errors of an undisciplined team. If the coach allows fighting, encourages fighting, the team will fight. Simple as that...The number of fighters in this brawl, on the Rams side, was startling. Guys running from another field to participate? C'mon....that's too much. Win some damn games...Don't try to impress me by winning a fight.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nTtTQ8H.jpg

RamBill

Legend
Brawl against Cowboys puzzles Rams
• By Joe Lyons

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_8e93487d-b1ae-5997-932d-33945da8d0e4.html

To be honest, Rams running back Tre Mason isn’t sure how the brawl against the Dallas Cowboys in Oxnard, Calif., started. The same is true for tackle Greg Robinson.

“There was so much going on, it was almost impossible to know who or what started it,’’ Robinson said following practice Thursday at Rams Park. “Guys on both sides were going hard and I guess things just got out of hand. Just happy nobody got hurt.’’

According to the account from the Post-Dispatch’s Jim Thomas, the first scrum was a result of Dallas’ Randy Gregory and then Jeff Heath taking down Mason — hard.

“I’m not really sure how it started,’’ Mason said. “Football’s a game of emotion, it’s a contact sport. Things happen.’’

Tempers flared and then, just when it appeared to be settling down, Robinson and Mason went after Gregory. There were a handful of scuffles before order was restored and the second day of the Rams’ stay in Oxnard was halted.

Mason and Robinson, both in their second NFL seasons, were college teammates at Auburn.

“Greg’s always had my back, on and off the field,’’ Mason said.

Robinson added: “That’s my brother. If he needs me, or any of my teammates need me, I’m there for them.’’

Despite the practice-ending brawls, Robinson and Mason feel the two days working against the Cowboys will benefit the Rams.

“The game against Oakland (last Friday’s 18-3 road loss to open the preseason) was an eye-opener for me,’’ Robinson said. “It felt good to play again, but it also showed me that I had some things to work on. And having those two days practicing against Dallas gave me an opportunity to get in some quality work against some good competition. Now hopefully I can take that and build on it Sunday against Tennessee.’’

Mason, who rushed for team-best 765 yards as a rookie a year ago, said that stop in Oxnard provided a welcome diversion for the Rams.

“You get tired of going against the same guys all the time,’’ he said. “We got a chance to go against another top team and got in some good work. Whatever else happened is behind us now. We’re moving on and working to get ready for the Titans.’’

In their second preseason game, the Rams will meet the Tennessee Titans at 7 p.m. Sunday in Nashville.

RAMS GIVE BACK

The Rams announced Thursday that they will provide $15,000 to the St. Louis Public Schools to fund a program to ensure certified athletic trainers are present at all of this season’s high school football games.

The certified athletic trainers who will provided by Athletico Physical Therapy, will deliver game day coverage through the 2015 campaign and will be assisted by athletic training students from St. Louis University. The Athletico trainers will also be covering weekly follow-up checks during the season and providing ImPACT baseline concussion tests.

“When we learned that SLPS didn’t have certified athletic trainer coverage at their high school games, we were committed to find a solution to that issue,’’ said Reggie Scott, the Rams director of sports medicine and performance. “While the game coverage was of paramount importance, it was also important to us that we provided necessary follow-up care as well. We’re extremely proud that we were able to create a unique partnership with Athletico and St. Louis University that will lead to a safer game for these student-athletes.’’

Martin Jenkins, the SLPS athletics director, said he was “humbled’’ by the Rams’ generosity.

“When I first heard from the Rams about the program, my first question was how much it cost, and they said absolutely nothing, I told them I was interested,’’ Jenkins said. “They’re going to do everything from ‘ouchies’ to emergencies to taping. It’s such a great thing for our school system because you look at the suburban districts and they have trainers readily available. We just didn’t have the funds for something like that.’’

In previous years, Jenkins said, coaches had to fill the athletic trainer’s role.

“We do have an emergency medical service on hand, but coaches were the nurses, the trainers, the everything,’’ Jenkins said. “But anything that happened before it became an emergency, it was the coaches who had to deal with it. So now the coaches can concentrate on the coaching aspect, leave the medical and feel safe that the young men are in good hands.

“This adds a level of safety, along with our helmet program, to make sure our kids are safe.’’

Rams coach Jeff Fisher added; “The (NFL) is all about player safety and improving in that area. The league has an initiative and we’re proud to be able to provide some help in that regard.’’

By the end of the 2015 season, the Rams will have contributed more than $80,000 to local and high school football efforts.

RAM-BLINGS

The Rams returned to Earth City for practice Thursday in preparation for Sunday’s game vs. the Titans.The defense enjoyed a big day Thursday, getting interceptions from Alec Ogletree, Jo-Lonn Dunbar and Lamarcus Joyner (off a tip by James Laurinaitis).

• Players not practicing on Thursday were G Rodger Saffold, DTs Michael Brockers and Doug Worthington, CBs Brandon McGee and E.J. Gaines, LBs Daren Bates (knee) and Korey Toomer and WR Isiah Ferguson,

RB Todd Gurley (knee) continues to do individual work. Another rookie, G Cody Wichmann (calf), continues to work his way back. TE Brad Smelley, who has been practicing with a heavily taped hand, left practice early and appeared to be limping slightly.

• Although he said Saffold (shoulder) is making progress, Fisher ruled Saffold out of Sunday’s game. Saffold later tweeted on his certified account: “I just want everyone to know that I’m OK and I’m just in no rush this preseason. Don’t worry I will be fighting for you all year!’’

• Employees and their families from team sponsor Anheuser-Busch were on hand to watch Thursday’s workout.

Alan

Legend
http://espn.go.com/
CARTER: TRAINING CAMP FIGHTS HURT TEAMS
Cris Carter isn't a fan of training camp fights, saying they usually do more harm than good. How bad did it get during his time with the Eagles? He said on NFL Countdown: “One player on the defense one time went to his car to get a gun.”

i
You have to go to the site to see the video.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Employees and families from AB on hand to watch Thursday?

Checking my calendar.......

Nope doesn't seem to be here.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Saffold's tweet telling us that he'll be fighting for us ALL YEAR is very encouraging. (y)

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
Saffold's tweet telling us that he'll be fighting for us ALL YEAR is very encouraging. (y)

Yeah, seemed like he could have been more vague about it if they still weren't sure.

I would like to see someone come out with a timetable for his return or a specific injury diagnosis though! The stuff with Gaines has me gunshy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://espn.go.com/
CARTER: TRAINING CAMP FIGHTS HURT TEAMS
Cris Carter isn't a fan of training camp fights, saying they usually do more harm than good. How bad did it get during his time with the Eagles? He said on NFL Countdown: “One player on the defense one time went to his car to get a gun.”

i
You have to go to the site to see the video.
Lol. Reminds me of that scene from White men can't jump.

View: https://youtu.be/qbiHmAZfE4Y

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
According to the account from the Post-Dispatch’s Jim Thomas, the first scrum was a result of Dallas’ Randy Gregory and then Jeff Heath taking down Mason — hard.
However, defensive end Randy Gregory acknowledged that he started the second fight on the ensuing play after he got run over by Rams rookie offensive tackle Isaiah Battle.
They seem to imply some unsportsmanlike behavior..
Lol. Reminds me of that scene from White men can't jump.

View: https://youtu.be/qbiHmAZfE4Y
My man Marcus Johnson......

Ramfreak

UDFA
Name
Ramfreak
Saffold should keep quiet and get himself on the field. He ain't fighting for nobody anytime soon when he can't be on the field and play.

RamBill

Legend
Peter King: Rams Players Really Angered by Dez Bryant's Mouth

Peter King talks to Dan Patrick about the Rams/Cowboys Preseason Practice Brawls. King thinks the brawls are meaningless…the only thing that matter is that no one got hurt. King thinks some brawls get started because it will end practice. Dez Bryant was treating the practices like it was a game, constant trash talking, yelling at Rams players even though he wasn’t practicing. King talked to a number of Rams and they were really mad about that and it was a prime motivator for the fights.

Listen to King Talk Rams-Cowboys Brawls

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peter King: Rams Players Really Angered by Dez Bryant's Mouth

Peter King talks to Dan Patrick about the Rams/Cowboys Preseason Practice Brawls. King thinks the brawls are meaningless…the only thing that matter is that no one got hurt. King thinks some brawls get started because it will end practice. Dez Bryant was treating the practices like it was a game, constant trash talking, yelling at Rams players even though he wasn’t practicing. King talked to a number of Rams and they were really mad about that and it was a prime motivator for the fights.

Listen to King Talk Rams-Cowboys Brawls

And then he got punched in the face. Don't think he did a lot of talking after that. :LOL:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The Rams announced Thursday that they will provide $15,000 to the St. Louis Public Schools to fund a program to ensure certified athletic trainers are present at all of this season’s high school football games.
Money well spent. It's a shame it takes a donation to accomplish this.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I'm getting tired of this stuff too. In the beginning, I think it worked ok for Fisher... trying to get the team to play with an attitude. But now it seems like the Rams are the worst, dirtiest, bush-league team in the NFL, especially the defensive backs. It's not cute anymore. Fish needs to do something about it!

Have you watched seattle or carolina play? I would rather they Rams play with attitude than be pushed around as they were during the 2 previous coaching staffs. Seattle won the SB and lead the league in penalties.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Skip Balless is such a whiner. Didnt dez get in a fight with a teammate that resulted in punches being thrown just a week or so ago. The cowboys did the same thing with the raiders last year so why are the Rams the dirty team? Skip and babe are cowboy fans that is why they see it as the Rams were the instagators, dez wasnt even participating yet he was talkin shit the whole time, why is dez bryant not being called out as an instagator?