Brawl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Oh boy, really hoping this doesn't turn into a soap box "derby" if you know what I mean. While I do not think there is a place for this in a live game atmosphere, I also realize that it is VERY common in mixed practice situations. Lets just have a good laugh and be thankful that no one was hurt (seriously). I mean, at the very least.....Dez got jaw jacked. So...there's that.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most of what I saw seemed pretty evenly chippy, but right as things are calming down at one point Eugene Sims flies in and blindsides the crap out of someone. Not cool.
Not saying it was the right thing to do, but who knows what the guy Sims mowed over was saying or maybe that dude put a cheap shot on Sims and this was payback! As far as the whole brawl the way I see it is, this is a controlled practice and someone takes it to far with a over the top hit and then a teammate stands up for the one that got hit and then its all on. They only lost 20 min of practice time and I guess everyone is OK so like most I see it as a moment that glues this team together. Time will tell!

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, that was a cheap shot. Also, Long throwing some punches into the pile up against the railing at the end.
Long comes over to pull guys off the pile, where his linemate is on the bottom of said pile. He sees a cowpoke doing something in the pile to his linemate and that dude got an uppercut under the facemask. Good for Long, I want that guy in the trenches with me, he has my back.
as Far as Gurley pretty sure the guy he takes down is the guy that Cook ran over and that dude was after Cook. Gurley stepped in to protect his guy. Just hope it did not set him back in his rehab and delay his return.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Was it not rookie DB #45 Imoan Claiborne who took out Dez the mouth & his stud lower ear gear with a right:heh:?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I'm just sick of us getting into chippy little 3rd grade fights that have negative affects on our team.

Carolina fight 2012 - Chris Long ejected/loss
Seattle fight 2013 - Langford ejected/loss
New York Giants fight 2014 - Hayes ejected/loss
Today's fight - lost rest of today's practice

I mean, come on this childish b.s. has to stop.

We got in a fight with the Bears a couple years ago and we kicked their ass. I don't think fighting has anything to do with it.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
upload_2015-8-19_8-47-19.jpeg

V3

Hall of Fame
They stood up for themselves and each other out there today. Nothing makes you trust your teammates more than to know they have your back and that translates to the field.

Now all the players are posting on social media how they love their team and how they feel ready to compete. I say we grew from this.

We got in a fight with the Bears a couple years ago and we kicked their ass. I don't think fighting has anything to do with it.
Fighting doesn't do anything. If people have to get in fist fights to be united as a team, they're a bunch of immature idiots. The Rams have become a joke around the league for being cheap and always talking shit and fighting. I'm sick of it. Act their damn age.

bskrilla

Starter
I'll add that is anyone actually surprised at fights in join team practices anymore? I mean there are fights in normal games when there are actual repercussions to your team. There are fights in camp between teammates. Of course a bunch of guys praised for there physicality and paid to run each other over are going to get in a few fights when they are put in an environment that has no real repercussions for that behavior, and the guy they're fighting is someone on another team.

V3

Hall of Fame
You got seven other losses to explain then, clearly not our only issue.

It's training camp, ish happens
You're right. It's not our only issue. Why add more to the pile?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I am entertained by this completely and see no issue at all with gladiators fighting during scrimmages - I mean nobody got hurt and seeing Dez get hit in the face was priceless

Good stuff!
GO RAMS!!!!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Fighting doesn't do anything. If people have to get in fist fights to be united as a team, they're a bunch of immature idiots. The Rams have become a joke around the league for being cheap and always talking crap and fighting. I'm sick of it. Act their damn age.

My point was that it matters not if we win or lose because of a fight.

For the record, I don't mind a tussle or two. I'm glad someone punched Dez in the mouth.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Lol they are talking about the brawl On 1st take... Bayless says the rams have to pay for this some how. Lmao they keep replaying the Dez punch.

V3

Hall of Fame
My point was that it matters not if we win or lose because of a fight.

For the record, I don't mind a tussle or two. I'm glad someone punched Dez in the mouth.
Some pushing and shoving is one thing. Blind siding people, punching people with helmets on, tackling people when you're not even medically cleared to play, etc. it's just stupid and beyond immature. Both teams did it. I'm not just singling out the Rams but they have a history of this kind of stuff and the rest of the league knows it. They're becoming a joke to other players and fans in the NFL.

bskrilla

Starter
Some pushing and shoving is one thing. Blind siding people, punching people with helmets on, tackling people when you're not even medically cleared to play, etc. it's just stupid and beyond immature. Both teams did it. I'm not just singling out the Rams but they have a history of this kind of stuff and the rest of the league knows it. They're becoming a joke to other players and fans in the NFL.

If we keep playing just as chippy as we have in the past but actually start winning this year I'd bet that we stop being seen as a joke real quick.

goosekilla

UDFA
Name
Jeremy
You haters do realize the Cowboys started this right?? I was there. Cheap shot after cheap shot on Tre mason, I'm personally happy his team stood up for him. Watching a 5 second clip does not shed light on what happened at all.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

and again it's not like they were stabbing other people like in real fights. this was purely push and shove. except for the beautiful shot on dez, who forgot to put on his helmet.

There's a clip of Dez putting his helmet on running to the fight. The next thing we see the idiot took his helmet off and is getting punched in the nose. Genius should've left the helmet on.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
You ever seen that 30 for 30 on the Bad Boy Pistons?

I think it's Joe Dumars who said in there, "we'd come into town, and read press clippings from guys on the other team, saying, 'we ain't scared of the Detroit Pistons, if we have to fight them, will fight them' and we knew we had already won. Because they weren't concerned with winning a basketball game."

I think being aggressive is a great characteristic for a football team...but it needs to be controlled aggression. If you have teams worried about whether they can beat YOU in a fight...you've won a mental battle. If you are concerned about getting "punked" it seems to me like the shoe's on the other foot.

I think if we're going to play this game, we need to get to a place where we're winning that mental battle. Our main priority needs to be winning the battle on the scoreboard while the other team is worried about fighting us.

Maybe that just comes with experience.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

Who - the Rams or the Cowboys?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
There's a clip of Dez putting his helmet on running to the fight. The next thing we see the idiot took his helmet off and is getting punched in the nose. Genius should've left the helmet on.

2 things I can never understand about football 'fights'... 1. Why are you taking your helmet off or fighting a guy with a helmet on? and 2. Why do these idiots throw punches at guys with a helmet on?