Brawl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Well that does make things a little more interesting and retract my comment about your findings lol. I still dont think the Rams are dirty or punks though. When I look at our defense where most of those types of penalties occur against we have some pretty solid citizens. Long, Donald, Brockers, Quinn, JL, Ayers now. Only questionable player in the front 7 would be Tree but I wouldnt call him dirty. The back 4 may chirp, like JJ but again clean player. McDonald is a big hitter but clean. I dont really think there are any dirty players there.

V3

Hall of Fame
Well that does make things a little more interesting and retract my comment about your findings lol. I still dont think the Rams are dirty or punks though. When I look at our defense where most of those types of penalties occur against we have some pretty solid citizens. Long, Donald, Brockers, Quinn, JL, Ayers now. Only questionable player in the front 7 would Tree but I would call him dirty. The back 4 may chirp, like JJ but again clean player. McDonald is a big hitter but clean. I dont really think there are any dirty players there.
The perception around the league and NFL fans is that they're dirty. I can't say any one team is THE dirtiest(just too many factors, too subjective, and too many things missed by the cameras or refs) but the Rams do do things to earn that perception(as do other teams). What they did in the Panthers game a couple years ago was a joke. The NYG game last year was horrible. etc. Here's what George RR Martin had to say about last year's fiasco:

http://lightlybuzzed.com/2014/12/22/george-r-r-martin-calls-rams-dirtiest-team-nfl/

Regardless of all this stuff, I kind of feel we're getting off track. My main point is that I'm just tired of seeing the Rams players do stupid stuff like this. There was pushing and shoving in the practice a couple days ago and I didn't say a thing because I understand that kind of stuff. What happened yesterday, though, just drives me crazy, especially when it shows up in games like it did against CAR, NYG, and wasn't there a fight with CHI? Then you hear players from other teams say how much crap the Rams talk- a big reason Steve Smith went crazy and why things happen in other games. I wish they'd focus more on playing instead of trash talking and goading the other team.

bskrilla

Starter

That was to be a single team practice and it was cancelled for travel reasons I believe.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This is really not a big deal. 180 players, half of them trying to make the roster are powder kegs. That's why you ALWAYS have skirmishes. This one was building all week. A lot of positives ,probably, will come out of it for both teams. There is a legitimate concern about the Ram's overall discipline though. Our team does get too many STUPID penalties. Of course, some of them are retaliation shots because the refs refuse to call it both ways sometimes. I know you can name a half dozen chicken crap calls of roughing the passer against our boys the last couple of years? I sure remember some. I think it's ok to have a little rep of being a touch nasty. It sure has worked in the college games. Many a year U of Miami and FSU rode that mantra to national title shots. This brawl is of no consequence other than to the wussy police that like to squawk to hear their own voice on radio or TV. Nothing to see here. Now let's go tear the Titans a new one Sunday night!(y)

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The Rams can't get a winning record and all they can do it start fights with cheap shots and get penalized constantly. How about learning how to win games instead.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Rams can't get a winning record and all they can do it start fights with cheap shots and get penalized constantly. How about learning how to win games instead.

How about learning how to be positive instead?

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
The perception around the league and NFL fans is that they're dirty. I can't say any one team is THE dirtiest(just too many factors, too subjective, and too many things missed by the cameras or refs) but the Rams do do things to earn that perception(as do other teams). What they did in the Panthers game a couple years ago was a joke. The NYG game last year was horrible. etc. Here's what George RR Martin had to say about last year's fiasco:

http://lightlybuzzed.com/2014/12/22/george-r-r-martin-calls-rams-dirtiest-team-nfl/

Regardless of all this stuff, I kind of feel we're getting off track. My main point is that I'm just tired of seeing the Rams players do stupid stuff like this. There was pushing and shoving in the practice a couple days ago and I didn't say a thing because I understand that kind of stuff. What happened yesterday, though, just drives me crazy, especially when it shows up in games like it did against CAR, NYG, and wasn't there a fight with CHI? Then you hear players from other teams say how much crap the Rams talk- a big reason Steve Smith went crazy and why things happen in other games. I wish they'd focus more on playing instead of trash talking and goading the other team.

A couple of things here.....

Steve Smith is one the biggest if not the biggest trash talker in this league.... also the Cowboys were in a fight last year in combined practice. Also right or wrong once this starts you have to protect your brother (teammate) and your family (team).

It's true that they are grown men and rolemodels...... but this sort of stuff has been going on for years through many NFL city's. .....so it's not just the rams....... in live games everywhere you can hear both teams talking trash..... I'm sorry it happened...it did ......let's move on..... if your mad at the rams.... punish them..lol don't wach any of they're games or read anything about them....seriously though I believe this is all much to do about nothing.....no one got hurt....luckily. ... ;)

Go Rams...... ;)

MrMotes

Starter
I was there and it was hella fun to watch. If fighting together brings the team closer together, builds camaraderie then maybe it was a good thing.

But yeah, probably don't want to let that happen very often...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SF who was tied with us also did.
San Francisco made the playoffs last year? I did not know that.

Again, looking at penalties and records... and not considering the quality of a roster to overcome those penalties just seems kinda short-sighted to me.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe....but when my 9 yr old slugs someone, I'm telling their mom to call you...
So, let me ask you...

Were you concerned about how the players behaved because of the kids... or are you concerned as well?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Who didn't think this was going to happen?!? It's the first thing many of us said when they announced the practices. No way a chippy team like the Rams is going to stand for Dez running his mouth and cheap shots on Quick and Mason. Not gonna happen, nor should it. Run your mouth at grown men, get it punched.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Who didn't think this was going to happen?!? It's the first thing many of us said when they announced the practices. No way a chippy team like the Rams is going to stand for Dez running his mouth and cheap shots on Quick and Mason. Not gonna happen, nor should it. Run your mouth at grown men, get it punched.

Bingo. Hitting Quick is what really pissed me off.

RF - your avatar cracks me up - what animal is it?

Ramzee

Rookie
2 things I can never understand about football 'fights'... 1. Why are you taking your helmet off or fighting a guy with a helmet on? and 2. Why do these idiots throw punches at guys with a helmet on?
I agree. Completely stupid to punch a guy with a helmet on. With that said. I saw Eugene Sims completely level a guy out with a shot straight to a guys facemask. Wish he wouldn't have but it had an impact.
Why would it be hard to explain?
My kids were there. Wasn't hard to explain at all. :D