Brawl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramfreak

UDFA
Name
Ramfreak
Did anyone see who got into a wrestling match that ended up in a pile? I'll give you 1 hint. He wasn't wearing pads. Our own Todd Gurley. I cringed when I saw #30 toss a Cowboy onto the ground and then was pulled to the ground himself. Tre Mason was also tumbling around with a few guys.

This stuff can ruin a season. Not sure if anyone was injured but when you have mammoth size men going at each other in different directions, it wouldn't surprise me if someone was injured.

Ramfreak

UDFA
Name
Ramfreak
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Team is fine and Gurley is fine? You were in the trainers room I take it?
This stuff is about as stupid gets. If it takes a full scaled brawl to prove toughness then go get in a cage. How about some quality work for a team that hasn't had a winning season in 11 years and leads the league in penalties since Fisher has been here. It's stupid. It ain't tough.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I honestly don't know why these joint practices are even allowed. It's just asking for trouble IMO.

Speeps

Starter
This all too common with this team, they need to channel that fire somewhere else. Like idk, football.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Team is fine and Gurley is fine? You were in the trainers room I take it?
This stuff is about as stupid gets. If it takes a full scaled brawl to prove toughness then go get in a cage. How about some quality work for a team that hasn't had a winning season in 11 years and leads the league in penalties since Fisher has been here. It's stupid. It ain't tough.
Yes they are fine.

Gurley was all smiles post practice. Plus these things happen during joint practices. See other teams and their scuffles.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
Well Jim Thomas tweeted that no one got hurt, for what it's worth.

I agree that I don't think it's too smart for a guy who is not able to participate in contact drills because he's recovering from knee reconstruction get involved in a fight. Particularly when he's such a potentially great player and so valuable to the team's plans.

But it's done.

So hopefully no damage done, they can move on now with the closed practices, and they can put themselves in position to win when the games count on Sundays.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I read a tweet that Gurley has been cleared for contact...

After the brawl was over. Lol

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
They stood up for themselves and each other out there today. Nothing makes you trust your teammates more than to know they have your back and that translates to the field.

Now all the players are posting on social media how they love their team and how they feel ready to compete. I say we grew from this.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't be the only one that enjoyed this.

I think Claiborne just earned his roster spot. ;)

bluecoconuts

Legend
Who's number 29 for the Cowboys? You see him turn to Brandon Washington and then step back when he see's how big he was? Right before Bailey came up and pushed him. Few seconds later Washington was pushing around two Cowboys (including 29) at the same time.:LOL:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Look at Tre's left hand. He's holding the facemask he ripped off that dude's helmet. lol.

CMvhRI3UAAIZNmY.jpg:large

bluecoconuts

Legend
They stood up for themselves and each other out there today. Nothing makes you trust your teammates more than to know they have your back and that translates to the field.

Now all the players are posting on social media how they love their team and how they feel ready to compete. I say we grew from this.

Yup, it can be a good thing. There was an old hockey game between Canada and the Soviet Union that ended in a huge fight, so bad that the refs just turned out the lights hoping to break it off, and both teams were disqualified from the tournament. Every player was fighting someone else, except team Canada's goalie (who didn't want to be ejected because the backup goalie was injured) and Pierre Turgeon, the only player who remained on the bench.

He was never forgiven by his teammates for not fighting. Everett Sanipass was quoted saying "I'm looking for someone to help Roy out and I look over at the bench. There's this dog Turgeon, just sitting there, with his head down. He wouldn't get his ass off the bench ... just sitting there when everyone's off the Soviet bench and at least one of our guys is in real trouble getting double-teamed."

Build that unit cohesion.

bskrilla

Starter
Most of what I saw seemed pretty evenly chippy, but right as things are calming down at one point Eugene Sims flies in and blindsides the shit out of someone. Not cool.

fearsomefour

Legend
Most of what I saw seemed pretty evenly chippy, but right as things are calming down at one point Eugene Sims flies in and blindsides the crap out of someone. Not cool.
Yeah, that was a cheap shot. Also, Long throwing some punches into the pile up against the railing at the end.