Bradford vs Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm talking regular season though.
He lead us to two comebacks on the 49ers and was absolutely on fire in our win against the Cardinals. Looked really good in Jacksonville. Put up 310 on washington with 3 TDs. We lost, but he was basically all our offense in Miami in 2012. That's just a few.

Lets also not forget the guy won rookie of the year. I get we're not satisfied with him and that's why we moved on, but saying he never put anything on the field isn't the truth.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
The games he played in last year were up and down. It wasn't like he played badly every time he stepped on the field, on the contrary he played some very good football last year. Yes it was mixed in with some bad, but the bad was versus the 49ers, Giants and Cardinals.

IMO Foles is the real deal and the Eagles mad a huge mistake. Their fans are going to riot.

Not if Bradford stays healthy.:whistle:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If your best receiver the WHOLE time you're a QB is Danny Amendola, and Amendola goes on to do absolutely nothing with a far superior QB (I know he was injured, but when is he not), then what does that say about your offense? I'm just glad Foles is stepping into a far better wide receiving corps than Bradford ever had. If the line holds up, he should have a really good year.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I couldn't disagree more on the part I bolded. Foles has done things in the NFL that even the BIGGEST Bradford supporters would never have expected from Sam. There is no evidence of Bradford being anything other than an average NFL talent. Bradford has never lived up to the hype of the draft slot/contract.

I know he's a fan favorite, but on the field he's been nothing special at all. Meanwhile Foles has turned in many top notch performances, even last year by the way.

You may be right Les, but until we see how Foles handles the pressure behind this inexperienced OL, comparisons are dubious at best.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If your best receiver the WHOLE time you're a QB is Danny Amendola, and Amendola goes on to do absolutely nothing with a far superior QB (I know he was injured, but when is he not), then what does that say about your offense? I'm just glad Foles is stepping into a far better wide receiving corps than Bradford ever had. If the line holds up, he should have a really good year.
Be honest X, don't you feel less stress without Bradford here? I swear, I unconsciously tensed every time Bradford went into a real game, cuz the season rode on a guy that couldn't stay healthy, no matter how talented he was. Maybe it's a false sense of security with Foles (and he has had non knee injury issues), but the availability of Foles compared to Bradford seems to be much greater. If Foles is there for most of the season, the Rams will be a playoff contender..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is me except that I take it one step further...I won't start worrying at any point...I can get disappointed, even angry at times...Worry, however, leads to ulcers...I've never had one, never will...I go with the flow and vent in my own way, time and place...It has always worked for me...Am I less a fan?? Am I less devoted ??? I certainly don't think so...I just don't let it overcome me...I've seen guys who actually make themselves very nearly physically ill,,,

I get very very angry.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
It really is amazing isn't it.
When you consider the amount of man hours and money spent by NFL teams trying to find and develop the QB position and how often it fails....man.
I'd say that holds true for a number of positions, this team has sure seen its share over the past decade.:(

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

There's that (if) again X and I agree with you. It's just that (that) if is in CAPS. :cautious:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
All i want is a QB who won't lose the game for us with routinely bad decisions in the 2nd half/4th qtr. I just can't take any more of that.

I'll take 25 TD's, 10 INT's, 3800 yds, 63% and 10 wins from Foles. Let the defense, special teams and running game get shit done.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hey Mojo, I'm thinking it will be closer to 21 TD's 15 INT's 3400 yds and praying for 9 wins.

I'm looking forward to good play from Foles but I think he'll struggle a bit learning the new system and with the oline jelling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Be honest X, don't you feel less stress without Bradford here? I swear, I unconsciously tensed every time Bradford went into a real game, cuz the season rode on a guy that couldn't stay healthy, no matter how talented he was. Maybe it's a false sense of security with Foles (and he has had non knee injury issues), but the availability of Foles compared to Bradford seems to be much greater. If Foles is there for most of the season, the Rams will be a playoff contender..
Of course I'm less stressed about it. I'm not 100% relieved or anything, because let's face it.
Foles isn't the poster boy for durability either.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Lets not get ahead of ourselves, that's not exactly a glowing praise, because lets not forget until he left the Rams liked what they saw in Bradford.

The team liking what they see doesn't necessarily confirm that there's something there.

Nope, but it gives them a look and buys them time to find someone else if necessary. At least this suggests some stability in the position near term. But keeping Foles upright and healthy behind this O line will remain a serious question until proven otherwise, IMO.

As has been mentioned previously, these guys had better have a short learning curve. I suspect they will struggle early, which doesn't help the fast start strategy.

jjab360

Legend
Hey Mojo, I'm thinking it will be closer to 21 TD's 15 INT's 3400 yds and praying for 9 wins.

I'm looking forward to good play from Foles but I think he'll struggle a bit learning the new system and with the oline jelling.
Consider for a second that Austin Davis' stats from last year would've been better than that projected over a 16 game season.

You guys are really lowballing my man Foles.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Consider for a second that Austin Davis' stats from last year would've been better than that projected over a 16 game season.

I can see where you're going with that but that's assuming that Davis wouldn't have continued his downward trend. I have every reason to believe that his play was deteriorating and teams had enough tape to stymie him even more.

I suspect we can get a slightly better Andy Dalton out of Foles and that we'll run an offense similar in run/pass ratio to them. I think those numbers are about right for that.

Plus, it's a lot to assume that the QB will play all 16 games, Foles has not shown that yet either.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't think he's including all the pick 6s in his projection.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Not every INT is created equal. We know this.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't think he's including all the pick 6s in his projection.

Bingo! Mistakes will be made, Foles will make them too...but our QB's were terrible at the absolute worst times last season. Critical mistakes. We can't have any of that with Foles.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Because that would have been reported, like with Long, Laurinaitis and when they finally tried with Bradford, we all knew ahead of time before any thing was reached. I don't believe we wouldn't be any less aware of other attempts then we were of those, especially for somebody who's money caused as much controversy as Bradford.

They also didn't choose to draft a replacement for Bradford, whom they had many times to move on from until they replaced him with Foles. Again nothing you say is inherently proving that Foles is superior because they did the exact same for Bradford.

Their belief in Bradford didn't manifest into success, so it's not inherently a saving grace for Foles. That's really the brunt of my point here.

EDIT: Took out misinformation.

And every conversation between an agent and a team is reported.

Never did I say Foles is superior to Bradford. But he does somethings better than Bradford. But I will say this, I've seen almost every Ram"s games since the 60's, but somehow I missed the year Bradford went to the Pro Bowl......

Bradford's gone and he's not coming back. He's just a another player on another team.