Bradford vs Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Man, I really hope you are right.

That was pretty much the point I was trying to make. I worded it poorly

Just myself following The Rams I have always thought Bradford had poor pocket presence.
Foles seems to have better field vision,& pocket presence.
Foles at Arizona took a beating.Bradford walked righ into a Boise State LBer hurt his shoulder.2 knee injuries & he was in his final year of his contract .
Foles just resigned for 2 more years.At the end of the day The Rams have a QB if the future,plus they have a solid young stable of QB's.
Bradford might be all that,but who in there right mind wants to keep him? I think it is a big change in leadership for The Rams.Sam gets a fresh start.I like what Nick brings to The Rams.I feel more passion.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
When I look back at Foles's miraculous 2013 season, I see factors in this current Rams team that could support his success, factors that may mature into that kind of support, and maybe some factors that are still lacking.

1.) An excellent RB. Probably the most important support mechanism for him in 2013, IMO. McCoy's a stud, Foles is a excellent play action passer, it goes together like peas and carrots. We got Gurley, I think he's the real deal. IMO, we're on our way here. Maybe not this year, but soon.

2.) An excellent run blocking offensive line. IMO, Peters, Mathis, Kelce, and Johnson were right up there in 2013 with Dallas last year. I think Robinson has great potential, Saffold is already a very strong run blocker when healthy, and I'm optimistic about Havenstein and Brown. Let's see how things go this year, we could be well on out way by 2016.

3.) A deep threat who commands double teams and can still get 1,300 yards. Hmm. Well, I like what Quick brought on a per game basis last year prior to the shoulder injury, and Britt had some nice games last year. Both guys are tough in the intermediate game, but neither usually blows the top off with speed the way Jackson did. Maybe Austin or Bailey? IDK, we're probably the farthest away here, from my prospective.

I think this offense is a work in progress. The defense is probably gonna have to carry the day this year, IMO. Good thing they're very good. But by the beginning of next year we could be establishing the type of environment where Foles can be very successful. Finding our "Jackson" while the other guys mature could really help.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Excellent discussion mates...So sorry to have missed most of it....This topic is truly polarizing....Sam vs Nick....Couple of points I have said before...Sam is better than Nick, most analysts will agree. But the injury bug is too great to ignore for some/most. Nick has had a better supporting cast, in the form of coaching & players, most analysts will/should also agree on that. The main thing I notice is, people seem to ignore his injury history as well. Leadership styles differ...the most successful use a blend of attributes ranging from leading by example to using vocalization...One thing to note, the type of individuals you are leading should effect your leadership style...Some guys need to get their asses chewed, some won't stand for that shit.
I understand that there are many ways to be an effective leader.
I'll say this again because we all need to realize this point....Many different ways is correct...Many books on this topic...It's in a bunch of books in all managerial classes...and they're all right and all wrong at the same time...Every situation is different....But you make a lot of good points in this entire thread...You and @-X- @Stranger are some damn geniuses....my boy @LesBaker another super mind, just hates Sammy...must have lost some serious ROD$$$$ on him..LOL

Bradford might be all that,but who in there right mind wants to keep him?
umm, me:cautious::oops::rolleyes::unsure::unsure:

Surprised I didn't see more of @CGI_Ram & @Alan in this....

Alan

Legend
Fruitless, polarizing, and immaterial @LACHAMP46 . I rarely get involved in "who's better" conversations concerning the past other than to comment on whether I think it was a good decision or not. I think it was a good decision because of SB's injury history. Doesn't matter who's better in this case even if they gave us "take backs" :LOL:. I have the same thoughts on the Gurley pick. Again, it doesn't matter if Gurley is better than Mason if he can't stay on the field.

If we really really really had nothing else to talk about I might jump in. :cautious::unsure: Fortunately, that's not the case. :banana: