Bradford vs Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So it seems like Nick has been struggling a little thus far from what I've read in training camp. I think I can speak for everyone when I say I'm not too concerned yet. He's going up against one of the best defenses everyday and the best Dine in the league. My question is, do you see(those of you who've attended camp) a big talent difference between Foles and Bradford? I know Sammy was always a stud in practice, but can you tell me the differences between them?

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I don't think we'll gave a good look at Foles till week 1. He doesn't seem to be out there trying to prove himself right now. He knows he doesn't have to be perfect in practice and may be more willing to take risks in practice and preseason games.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Foles is struggling, why did they give him an extension?

Is he really struggling after all? I bet the coaches have a different opinion.

Oh, and... It's week 2 of camp.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Foles is struggling, why did they give him an extension?

Is he really struggling after all? I bet the coaches have a different opinion.

Oh, and... It's week 2 of camp.
Just going by what I've read. But it always seemed like Bradford came out and just dominated in practice. So that's why I'm curious what the differences are. Is he just more accurate? Does he make better decisions? Does he get the ball out quicker? I don't think it's abnormal to wonder.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, I know.

Wasn't exactly directing my comments toward you.

Just the general Foles "struggling" concerns we're making.
Ah, my mistake. Thought that post was a little condescending, even for you ;)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Another thing to consider, this is a new offense for Foles. I think we tend to forget that while he's experienced, it's still all new for him.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Going up against our defense in practice everyday can only sharpen his skills more.Game 1 vs the Sea secondary isn't exactly a cakewalk so some struggles are expected. But once he gets settled in I think we will all see the difference between Foles,Davis and Hill and know why we got this young man.With a good running game and some young talented wr's to throw to he going to have a great season.

fearsomefour

Legend
What CGI said about it being a new O is key....it also a new O for many of the lineman.
At any rate Foles has the arm talent....it is the other things.
You can watch film of him last year and see the differences.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just my impression on the camp reports so far is that Foles is pushing the limits to see what his WR/TE can do. He's working on not only learning a new offense but learning a new supporting cast. Why not push the limits when it doesn't count. This is the best time to do it. I'm not worried in the least.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
If he hadn't had such a poor year last year I wouldn't care one bit about a player in a new offence struggling his first week of camp, the fact that he's continuing his issues from last year is very concerning.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Fact is Foles is more vocal than Bradford and although that is not essential in a field general, it sure does enhance the esprit de corps which builds team comradery overall.

There is no debating that Bradford's arm is superior and his mechanics as well, however, Bradford proved in college and in the NFL he cannot stay on the field and the Rams had to move on.

IMO Foles is more of a gambler too so you're going to have some big plays, but usually that leads to more turnovers as well. Foles has to ensure his footwork is right and this is where QB Coach Chris Weinke comes in....Also Foles comes off as one of the guys Bradford never was able to do that.

In the end it's hard not to compare them, but the Rams needed someone the players could rally around the fact is Bradford has not been the QB for two years and was always the guy rehabbing to most of the team.

So it's time to begin a new chapter at the Quarterback position for the Rams and my hope is the Foles is the next Roman Gabriel and that would be the Ram Roman Gabriel and not the Eagle Roman Gabriel, if not just for semantics.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If he hadn't had such a poor year last year I wouldn't care one bit about a player in a new offence struggling his first week of camp, the fact that he's continuing his issues from last year is very concerning.

He still had a passer rating in the 80's with more TD than INT.

By comparison to 2013, that's down. But, it wasn't exactly a train wreck.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
please hold. searching for 'sky is falling' animated gif.
-6217c4dc7267cfea.JPG

fearsomefour

Legend
please hold. searching for 'sky is falling' animated gif.
Im not a F0les guy (only in the sense I don't think he will be a top pocket passer). I loved Bradford, based on talent and not performance all the time. In terms of "talent" Foles is a step down, I think that is clear. But, none of that really matters.
Where I see (and I am sure this is flawed) Foles in a Flacco kind of QB. A big, physical guy who can move with a strong arm who has some holes in him game.
That could work very well. With the D the Rams should field and a good running game I think Foles will be fine. I like the "middle ground" approach to the extension he signed.
Comparing the two is kind of a mute point. They have, to me, different skill sets. I could actually see both fitting in well and both having very good productive years.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Just my impression on the camp reports so far is that Foles is pushing the limits to see what his WR/TE can do. He's working on not only learning a new offense but learning a new supporting cast. Why not push the limits when it doesn't count. This is the best time to do it. I'm not worried in the least.

I'm with you on this matter Oldschool....... ;)

Go Rams......... ;)

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

As did Austin Davis, and I'm not sold on him as a starter either.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

The games he played in last year were up and down. It wasn't like he played badly every time he stepped on the field, on the contrary he played some very good football last year. Yes it was mixed in with some bad, but the bad was versus the 49ers, Giants and Cardinals.

IMO Foles is the real deal and the Eagles mad a huge mistake. Their fans are going to riot.