Arians talking smack after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Those types of comments are actually a sign of respect. It isn't even a topic if we are not a threat to him. We had the ball inside the 10 twice and were in the game until the end. It was a 6 point and 1 play game.
Thanks for the props coach good to hear we are in your head.

Cardncub

Rookie
It was more directed to the media than the Rams. Some of you guys way overreact.

Bruce Arians wasn’t backing down from his comment after Thursday’s game, when he said “I love it when nobody says you’re going to have a chance to win. There’s an 11-3 team and a team that is always 8-8. You figure it out.” Many took it as a shot to the Rams — and obviously, it wasn’t a compliment — but I took it more as a jab against the media picking against the Cardinals in the game rather than the Rams themselves.

Not that it really matters. Asked why he made such a comment, Arians responded simply, “I just tried to state the facts.”

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Disagree entirely. Why?
Any doucheyness BEFORE a game is bulletin board material and fair game as far as i'm concerned.
Right AFTER the game? Classless and WEAK.

But the Monday after?

"They got bigger problems in Washington than the coin toss."

It's essentially the same thing.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It was more directed to the media than the Rams. Some of you guys way overreact.

Bruce Arians wasn’t backing down from his comment after Thursday’s game, when he said “I love it when nobody says you’re going to have a chance to win. There’s an 11-3 team and a team that is always 8-8. You figure it out.” Many took it as a shot to the Rams — and obviously, it wasn’t a compliment — but I took it more as a jab against the media picking against the Cardinals in the game rather than the Rams themselves.

Not that it really matters. Asked why he made such a comment, Arians responded simply, “I just tried to state the facts.”

It was the comment about his being "the real defense" that got me. His team could only muster field goals, one was gift wrapped from our offense, and he's pretending he showed us something? He won a hard fought defensive contest and he acted like it was 34-6.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The remark about the Rams defense reading their press clippings was way worse IMO and that's the one he should regret.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's bad enough that they abandoned me when I was 14 to go play in the desert, but now the HC talks smack? It's intolerable, I can't wait until we play them again.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
It's bad enough that they abandoned me when I was 14 to go play in the desert, but now the HC talks smack? It's intolerable, I can't wait until we play them again.
I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday about that. I haven't held the Cards in the same regard as our other two division opponents, because I grew up with them. Now BA has changed my mind, probably will enjoy despising ALL division opponents now, thanks Bruce.
My friend said "no it's because they are winning now is why I hate them" he's probably right.
BTW Seacocks should thank the Rams for knocking out the Zona starting QB's before they play them BOTH TIMES!
images
images

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday about that. I haven't held the Cards in the same regard as our other two division opponents, because I grew up with them. Now BA has changed my mind, probably will enjoy despising ALL division opponents now, thanks Bruce.
My friend said "no it's because they are winning now is why I hate them" he's probably right.
BTW Seacocks should thank the Rams for knocking out the Zona starting QB's before they play them BOTH TIMES!
images
images

Its more like seeing an ex at a party for me. First glance, you get a twinge from seeing the Cardinals helmet again. Then the bitterness sets in. I'm not a fan of any team in our division.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
But the Monday after?

"They got bigger problems in Washington than the coin toss."

It's essentially the same thing.
He(Fisher) was "asked" about it on Monday, and no it's not essentially the same thing. Arians went to the podium minutes after winning a hard fought football game by six points and disrespected an opponent. His motive has nothing to do with and does not excuse his choice of words. Arians is a classles jackass, and i hope that the league's brethren of head coaches takes that into consideration when the option to run up the score presents itself...among other things.

Fisher will not forget, but he can't verbally retaliate, for obvious reasons with Gregg Williams on his staff. This is not over, and certainly is not much ado about nothing. Of course Cardinals fans ate it up. They are tired of being 5-11 every year since the Stone Age, and i don't expect them to understand that it was a poor decision by Arians.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
He(Fisher) was "asked" about it on Monday, and no it's not essentially the same thing. Arians went to the podium minutes after winning a hard fought football game by six points and disrespected an opponent. His motive has nothing to do with and does not excuse his choice of words. Arians is a classles jackass, and i hope that the league's brethren of head coaches takes that into consideration when the option to run up the score presents itself...among other things.

Fisher will not forget, but he can't verbally retaliate, for obvious reasons with Gregg Williams on his staff. This is not over, and certainly is not much ado about nothing. Of course Cardinals fans ate it up. They are tired of being 5-11 every year since the Stone Age, and i don't expect them to understand that it was a poor decision by Arians.
Rams had 280 yards cards 274 yards. The Rams were 8 yards short of two TD's. A fumble in the Redzone and a huge DPI penalty were the difference in the game, but this guy want's to praise his team effort and downplay his opponent. That is fine to get his team ready in the locker room, but you do put a target on the team when it becomes "that other team sucks" when you both are mirror images.

at it first what he said really got on my nerves but now all I can think about is that this will be a great rivalry going foward. The Rams record doesn't show it but this team is trending way up as well as the cards. And if BA comments bothered us imagine how our players are taking it. He potentially started a fire with our team.

jap

Legend
at it first what he said really got on my nerves but now all I can think about is that this will be a great rivalry going foward. The Rams record doesn't show it but this team is trending way up as well as the cards. And if BA comments bothered us imagine how our players are taking it. He potentially started a fire with our team.

The Mighty One might just break Derrick Thomas' record of seven sacks in a single game against the Cards next year. :sneaky: Brucey Boy ought to know better than to feed hate to the Beast (i.e., the Horns' D). Perhaps Quinn will put out all three Cards QB's by himself!!!

Lesson

Oh, really?
Well, now Bruce Arians can be welcomed to my shit list of other NFC West coaches.

kpak76

You mean the QB who won last year's SuperBowl on the strength of his defense, rather than his offensive prowess? The same QB who has struggled against the Rams overtime he plays them (although his last game with them was easily his best to date). A clueless poster like yourself shouldn't be talking about anyone else being a poor judge of talent. Has any QB in recent history ever started off his NFL career with an OL as abysmal as he did and with what was arguably the worst receiving corps in the entire league? Consider that when you see the night & day difference next season.

Did you watch the Superbowl? RW had everything to do with keeping Manning off the field by converting 3rd downs. It's easy to credit the defense when the defense was utterly dominant, but RW was on the field and played well. I guess going 18 for 25 (72%), 206 yards, with 2/0 TD/Int ratio is just relying on the defense I guess.

He struggles against the Rams? Don't confuse the teams struggles with RW struggles. Last game he played in St Louis his statline looked like this : 23/36 (64%) 313 yards, 2/0 ratio. Sure looks like he struggled there.

You want to talk horrible lines? Look at the Hawks like, we've been shuffling in guys left and right for the last 2 years because our best lineman are usually hurt. RW masks the struggles of that line because of his mobility. So does Beastmode.

You want to see how this team looks like without Russell Wilson? Well the 2011 season the defense was largely the same as it is now and we ended up 7-9 that year led by the great Tarvaris Jackson.

Lastly did you watch the AZ/Hawks game this past Sunday?

So you want to think your guy who hasn't seen the field for the last year and half is better than a guy who is in the MVP discussion and is a Superbowl champ? And you want to call me clueless??? LOL so hard my side hurts.

kpak76

{I was tired and obviously not clear-headed when I wrote the first version of this reply. I often wish we were able to make edits indefinitely on this forum. I am used to that capability on every other sports forum I have used in recent years.}

You mean the QB who won last year's SuperBowl on the strength of his defense, rather than his offensive prowess? The same QB who has struggled against the Rams every time he plays them (although his last game with them was easily his best to date). A clueless poster like yourself shouldn't be talking about anyone else being a poor judge of talent.

Has any QB in recent history ever started off his NFL career with an OL as abysmal as Sam Bradford did and with what was arguably the worst receiving corps in the entire league? Yet even with those liabilities, he broke some of Peton Manning's rookie QB records. Consider that when you see the night & day difference in Sam's production next season.
[/QUOTE]

Oh well that edit convinced me. I hope the Rams cut Bradford loose so the Hawks can replace RW with him. Dynasty here we come!!!!

o_O:rolleyes::eek::confused:(n)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh well that edit convinced me. I hope the Rams cut Bradford loose so the Hawks can replace RW with him. Dynasty here we come!!!!

o_O:rolleyes::eek::confused:(n)
You done acting the fool here yet?

kpak76

You done acting the fool here yet?

LOL I wouldn't expect a bunch of Rams fans to agree with me, but posters like "jac" (I can't write his screen name it's so offensive to me) need to stop living in fantasy land. Really Sam Bradford is a better QB than Russell Wilson? Who would agree to that?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LOL I wouldn't expect a bunch of Rams fans to agree with me, but posters like "jac" (I can't write his screen name it's so offensive to me) need to stop living in fantasy land. Really Sam Bradford is a better QB than Russell Wilson? Who would agree to that?
He's not a better all-around QB than Wilson, but he's arguably a better pure passer. It's all subjective; and while it may be difficult to make the case that Bradford is a better QB, that's not what I'm talking about. Littering your posts with smilies and sarcasm isn't going to garner you the conversation you're looking for. If you're looking for it at all, that is.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
What do you have against american princesses?