Arians talking smack after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I just don't get it. The team drafting in the top 10 laughing at the team that won 11 games and made the playoffs. In a year when they lost their QB, QB2, RB, DE, LB and did it in the toughest division in football.

When the undefeated Patriots lost to the Giants, that was sweet. The Cardinals slew of injuries catching up to them just isn't. Of course they weren't going to advance, it's a credit to them they got as far as they did. Acting as if they melted down or blew it or whatever just seems unwarranted.
Karma, and I enjoyed the ever loving Hell out of it. :)

If this was about Pete Carroll and the Seahawks would this thread still ruffle your feathers?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If this was about Pete Carroll and the Seahawks would this thread still ruffle your feathers?
I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE.jpg

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I just don't get it. The team drafting in the top 10 laughing at the team that won 11 games and made the playoffs. In a year when they lost their QB, QB2, RB, DE, LB and did it in the toughest division in football.

When the undefeated Patriots lost to the Giants, that was sweet. The Cardinals slew of injuries catching up to them just isn't. Of course they weren't going to advance, it's a credit to them they got as far as they did. Acting as if they melted down or blew it or whatever just seems unwarranted.

You can take your blinders off at any time. Many on here called those guys pretenders even when they had Palmer. Lots of buzz going around ARZ on if their record represented who they really were. Well, they failed to win the division and didn't win a Playoff game.

And Arians talking smack after winning by 6 points warrants EVERYTHING on this thread. :mad:

moklerman

Warner-phile
You can take your blinders off at any time. Many on here called those guys pretenders even when they had Palmer. Lots of buzz going around ARZ on if their record represented who they really were. Well, they failed to win the division and didn't win a Playoff game.

And Arians talking smack after winning by 6 points warrants EVERYTHING on this thread. :mad:
Okay, please post the accepted protocol for talking smack. Would you be fine with him talking smack after winning by 10? 20? I think the term "smack" is what's in question though.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Okay, please post the accepted protocol for talking smack. Would you be fine with him talking smack after winning by 10? 20? I think the term "smack" is what's in question though.

When our coach talks smack, which never happens.

ram007

Starter
Arizona was a good team in 2014. But their run was ended when injuries piled up.

Going to 2015, they have more holes than any team in this division, IMO. Without Larry Fitzgerald their receiving corps is as mediocre as Rams (Yes, I consider Rams receiving corps as mediocre) which was their strength all year. They are probably looking at a 3 win season in 2015.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Arizona was a good team in 2014. But their run was ended when injuries piled up.

Going to 2015, they have more holes than any team in this division, IMO. Without Larry Fitzgerald their receiving corps is as mediocre as Rams (Yes, I consider Rams receiving corps as mediocre) which was their strength all year. They are probably looking at a 3 win season in 2015.
I'm not so sure. Fitzgerald was a non-factor for much of the year and it seems he's been phased out of the offense so I'm not sure that's going to result in an 8-game swing if he leaves. Question marks at QB health will certainly impact their projections. But Arizona was a good team in 2014 AND 2013 so it's not like everything just came together this year for them. If anything, if they get some younger guys and re-tool, there's no reason to think they can't continue to be a good team.

ram007

Starter
I'm not so sure. Fitzgerald was a non-factor for much of the year and it seems he's been phased out of the offense so I'm not sure that's going to result in an 8-game swing if he leaves. Question marks at QB health will certainly impact their projections. But Arizona was a good team in 2014 AND 2013 so it's not like everything just came together this year for them. If anything, if they get some younger guys and re-tool, there's no reason to think they can't continue to be a good team.

I am not saying Larry's presence is worth a 8 game swing. In this division, Cardinals had the best receiving corps which is their best strength of all positions. Without larry, they are handicapped there.

What else they may need:
#1 WR with Larry out
#1 RB
#1 TE
#1 MLB
#1 pass rusher
#1 CB. Patrick Peterson was toast most of the season
#2 CB. A.Cromartie will be leaving team to greener pastures
# Kick returner or punt returner. Tedd Ginn will be cut this season
#1 QB. When healthy Palmer was the best pure passer from pocket in this division. but he is 34 years old coming off a torn ACL

and among above issues: they may lose Todd Bowles as their DC

All in all, I would be disappointed if Rams don't win both games against cardinals in 2015

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Karma, and I enjoyed the ever loving Hell out of it. :)

Speaking of Pete Carroll, it's funny how glorified he is as a HC. On another board, somebody made a thread about how overrated Fisher is and I pointed out that Fisher is rated about properly. He's rated as an average to above average HC. Which, of course, then devolved into a conversation of whether Fisher could get a team "over the hump"(pretty stupid debate considering he already did it in 1999).

Anyways, getting to my point, Pete Carroll was a coach thought of in the same light as Fisher. Good team build, would always have you around .500 give or take a couple games...but couldn't get you over the hump. Now, he has Russell Wilson...a franchise QB...and all of a sudden the guy is a brilliant HC and one of the NFL's best.

Same thing was thought of Tony Dungy when he left Tampa Bay. Great defensive mind that couldn't get his team over the hump. Goes to Indy with Peyton Manning and now some people think he's worthy of the HOF.

I guess the point I'm making is that the difference between a guy like Fisher and guys like Carroll and Dungy isn't coaching ability...it's their teams...and really...it's a franchise QB. Fisher hasn't had one since McNair. Maybe it's his fault, maybe not. But if we had/have a franchise QB, nobody will question Fisher's ability to coach.

Now, obviously I avoided mentioning guys like Belichick, Harbaugh, and Coughlin...who are just plain great coaches. Does that mean personnel is irrelevant to those guys? No. But it means that they're capable of elevating a team...I think that's a rare quality for a player or coach.

Some will scoff at Harbaugh and Coughlin but those guys are absolute monsters in the playoffs. Don't know what it is but those guys just have some magic in them that comes out in the playoffs...kind of like Kurt Warner did.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Speaking of Pete Carroll, it's funny how glorified he is as a HC. On another board, somebody made a thread about how overrated Fisher is and I pointed out that Fisher is rated about properly. He's rated as an average to above average HC. Which, of course, then devolved into a conversation of whether Fisher could get a team "over the hump"(pretty stupid debate considering he already did it in 1999).

Anyways, getting to my point, Pete Carroll was a coach thought of in the same light as Fisher. Good team build, would always have you around .500 give or take a couple games...but couldn't get you over the hump. Now, he has Russell Wilson...a franchise QB...and all of a sudden the guy is a brilliant HC and one of the NFL's best.

Same thing was thought of Tony Dungy when he left Tampa Bay. Great defensive mind that couldn't get his team over the hump. Goes to Indy with Peyton Manning and now some people think he's worthy of the HOF.

I guess the point I'm making is that the difference between a guy like Fisher and guys like Carroll and Dungy isn't coaching ability...it's their teams...and really...it's a franchise QB. Fisher hasn't had one since McNair. Maybe it's his fault, maybe not. But if we had/have a franchise QB, nobody will question Fisher's ability to coach.

Now, obviously I avoided mentioning guys like Belichick, Harbaugh, and Coughlin...who are just plain great coaches. Does that mean personnel is irrelevant to those guys? No. But it means that they're capable of elevating a team...I think that's a rare quality for a player or coach.

Some will scoff at Harbaugh and Coughlin but those guys are absolute monsters in the playoffs. Don't know what it is but those guys just have some magic in them that comes out in the playoffs...kind of like Kurt Warner did.
Agree. Coughlin has always been good, and I put him way up on the list for what he was able to do with an expansion team.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Speaking of Pete Carroll, it's funny how glorified he is as a HC.
I don't know, by that rationale, there aren't too many coaches worthy of being glorified as most of them had pretty good QB's. As far as Carroll, he was certainly criticized early in his NFL HC'ing career but since then, he didn't just win and go to National Championships with USC, he rebuilt that program and restored them to prominence. Then, he not only makes the Seahawks relevant, but wins the Super Bowl with them. He's won playoff games with Russell Wilson but he also won them with Matt Hasslebeck and Drew Bledsoe. And he's got the Seahawks back as the #1 seed and in good position to defend their Super Bowl title.

His glory doesn't seem funny to me. Dude's a dang good coach.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The point was and is that Arians shoots his mouth off after he wins a game..This week he said no way we don't win this game...He meant no way we lose this game unless my (he's ready for a big game" QB) and rest of this POS team generates less than 80 total yards..He meant to say they they win for sure if they don't set the record for pitiful total yardage in post season game...He meant to say they win if he's not the biggest loud-mouth asshole on the planet...Geez, I loved watching that meltdown...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The point was and is that Arians shoots his mouth off after he wins a game..This week he said no way we don't win this game...He meant no way we lose this game unless my (he's ready for a big game" QB) and rest of this POS team generates less than 80 total yards..He meant to say they they win for sure if they don't set the record for pitiful total yardage in post season game...He meant to say they win if he's not the biggest loud-mouth arsehole on the planet...Geez, I loved watching that meltdown...
20048442yu.gif

moklerman

Warner-phile
The point was and is that Arians shoots his mouth off after he wins a game..This week he said no way we don't win this game...He meant no way we lose this game unless my (he's ready for a big game" QB) and rest of this POS team generates less than 80 total yards..He meant to say they they win for sure if they don't set the record for pitiful total yardage in post season game...He meant to say they win if he's not the biggest loud-mouth arsehole on the planet...Geez, I loved watching that meltdown...
So he's wrong for shooting his mouth off after a win and he's wrong for saying something before the game?

I guess I'm just not that bothered by coaches who are a little less political. Don't mind Ryan, don't mind Arians...it's all just hot air. Some choose to say nothing while speaking and others are a less diplomatic. But talking up one's own team isn't necessarily the same thing as disparaging another.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
So he's wrong for shooting his mouth off after a win and he's wrong for saying something before the game?

I guess I'm just not that bothered by coaches who are a little less political. Don't mind Ryan, don't mind Arians...it's all just hot air. Some choose to say nothing while speaking and others are a less diplomatic. But talking up one's own team isn't necessarily the same thing as disparaging another.

Yes...Thanks for asking !!! And he was disparaging to the Rams in my humble opinion ...You obviously hold Arians in higher regard than I do...I think we are both welcome to our collective opinions...

moklerman

Warner-phile
Yes...Thanks for asking !!! And he was disparaging to the Rams in my humble opinion ...You obviously hold Arians in higher regard than I do...I think we are both welcome to our collective opinions...
I don't know. I respect his ability to coach but many around here must REALLY have a high regard of his opinion and what he says. It's certainly impacted them.

moklerman

Warner-phile
See, that's exactly how I feel about everyone getting their panties all twisted about Arians' comments and then acting even less respectful than they claimed he did.

Who gives a shit what he said. As you said. Deal with it.

I'm more pissed that the Rams, at home, lost to Ryan freakin' Lindley and allowed Arians the forum to express his opinion.