Arians talking smack after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
See, that's exactly how I feel about everyone getting their panties all twisted about Arians' comments and then acting even less respectful than they claimed he did.

Who gives a crap what he said. As you said. Deal with it.

I'm more pissed that the Rams, at home, lost to Ryan freakin' Lindley and allowed Arians the forum to express his opinion.

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know, by that rationale, there aren't too many coaches worthy of being glorified as most of them had pretty good QB's. As far as Carroll, he was certainly criticized early in his NFL HC'ing career but since then, he didn't just win and go to National Championships with USC, he rebuilt that program and restored them to prominence. Then, he not only makes the Seahawks relevant, but wins the Super Bowl with them. He's won playoff games with Russell Wilson but he also won them with Matt Hasslebeck and Drew Bledsoe. And he's got the Seahawks back as the #1 seed and in good position to defend their Super Bowl title.

His glory doesn't seem funny to me. Dude's a dang good coach.

The guy is the same type of coach as Jeff Fisher. It's the truth. He was 15-19 in Seattle prior to Russell Wilson.

There are quite a few coaches worthy of being glorified in the history of the game with that rationale.

And note, as I said before, I'm not saying that you can't be a great HC and have a franchise QB. I'm saying that the difference between Pete Carroll and Jeff Fisher is a franchise QB. Because before he had one, Carroll was viewed in the same light.

Neither guy is an elite coach. And yet Carroll is viewed that way now because he has a QB. I'm sure Fisher would be viewed that way too if we had Andrew Luck. Both guys are good team builders, competent game managers, and know how to motivate their players. They're both players' coaches.

Carroll isn't worth of the hype he gets. He's not a special NFL HC.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
See, that's exactly how I feel about everyone getting their panties all twisted about Arians' comments and then acting even less respectful than they claimed he did.

Who gives a crap what he said. As you said. Deal with it.

I'm more pissed that the Rams, at home, lost to Ryan freakin' Lindley and allowed Arians the forum to express his opinion.
giphy.gif

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Arians can say whatever he wants, I don't care, but when he talks shit about the team I passionately root for he can go fuck himself. Yes, I'm biased and it's that simple for me, especially when his team beats the Rams by 6 freaking points and they didn't look like world beaters in the process. God I hope the front office gets it together and gets the interior of the OL and QB situation together. If that happens, we will beat the shit out of Arizona next season imo.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Arians comments don't bother me as much as the Rams' 10+ years of losing seasons bothers me. Now if we were actually good, and a player or coach talks about how bad we are, then I might be miffed.

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
The point (for me anyway) isn't that they lost, but that Arians was just as helpless as us without his starting QB.

This was very evident. You can fight through injuries of other players, but it's hard to win without a QB.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know. I respect his ability to coach but many around here must REALLY have a high regard of his opinion and what he says. It's certainly impacted them.

I'm not quite sure I follow. You're offended by rams fans being offended by comments from a blowhard coach taking potshots at the rams?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Arians comments don't bother me as much as the Rams' 10+ years of losing seasons bothers me. Now if we were actually good, and a player or coach talks about how bad we are, then I might be miffed.

How enlightening !!!!

I'm glad you acknowledge that Arians comments bother you

Just not "as much as" other things....

Let me add to your list of things that bother me more than Arians comments

1 World hunger
2 Blockbuster Video
3 orange wedges at halftime
4 jar jar binks

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
How enlightening !!!!

I'm glad you acknowledge that Arians comments bother you

Just not "as much as" other things....

Let me add to your list of things that bother me more than Arians comments

1 World hunger
2 Blockbuster Video
3 orange wedges at halftime
4 jar jar binks
HOW DARE YOU!?!??!

Jar Jar is ranked WAY too low!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm not quite sure I follow. You're offended by rams fans being offended by comments from a blowhard coach taking potshots at the rams?

You're correct. It's the same type of response(s) I received from Cardinals fans on their board where i posted the same stuff too. I don't understand why.

Cardncub

Rookie
Do you want to know what's funny? If Arians was the HC of the Rams for the last 2 years & lead them to a 21 & 11 record in his very first years as HC you all would be ecstatic. You would be defending him to your last breath for saying the same thing to the media about another team. Just because it was the Rams that the media were pimping when he lashed out about no respect you get your panties in a bunch. Bottom line, ITS A FREAKING GAME. Get over it already. Holy cow. You guys act like he shit on your car or something.

Anyways, here's to next season & hopefully both teams remain healthy & the Seacocks end up in last place. :cheers:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You would be defending him to your last breath for saying the same thing to the media about another team
Well i'm over it now because Karma and having no QB's took care of things :)

But....
The record and what team and who's a fan of who doesn't mean anything. The ONLY thing that matters is when a HC or any shit talker anywhere on Earth decides to open his mouth. This is what you and other Cards fans just don't get.

If(for instance) Dick Vermeil came out to the podium in 1999 after beating up on the Saints 30-14 and felt his 8-2 team got no respect(btw it took awhile for that team to gain respect from the media that year because they had been bad for years) and said the Saints were a team thats 6-10 every year(which was true) and that the real team was wearing blue and gold...Vermeil would be acting like a classless turd that was just crying for media respect.

Why didn't Arians open up his mouth to the media about the Rams defense and our yearly 8-8 record all week prior to the game instead? Why didn't he talk it up and then win the game and look good at the podium? No problem. Rams fans and me included have to Take our medicine and take it like a man. He backed it up.

Why did he wait until after the game was decided? Because he's a turd. He didn't back anything up.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Do you want to know what's funny? If Arians was the HC of the Rams for the last 2 years & lead them to a 21 & 11 record in his very first years as HC you all would be ecstatic. You would be defending him to your last breath for saying the same thing to the media about another team. Just because it was the Rams that the media were pimping when he lashed out about no respect you get your panties in a bunch. Bottom line, ITS A FREAKING GAME. Get over it already. Holy cow. You guys act like he crap on your car or something.

Anyways, here's to next season & hopefully both teams remain healthy & the Seacocks end up in last place. :cheers:

Disagree. I don't like the guys demeanor on the field. I didn't like him before he opened his mouth, in a very disrespectful manor. You never hear Fisher say stuff like that about the Rams opponents. I wouldn't be yucking it up if he did. I don't like poor sportsmanship. I had some respect for Arians abilities but I don't like the guy and his comments have shown what he is really about. Now I understand why it took him so long to become a head coach......he is not very likable.

Would I be fine with Arians as the Rams head coach? I wouldn't prefer it.......because I don't like the guy. But just like any team decision or draft I would have to suck it up because I will still root for my team even if Belicheat was the head coach.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
One more thing @Cardncub

Mike Tomlin is a classless turd too. Why? Because in 2008 when your Cardinals fought their asses off and came up just short of a Super Bowl win vs Tomlin's Steelers...do you remember Tomlin's Lombardi post game speech? I do. Not a word was spoken of the opponent he beat that day. Not a single prop was given. He stood up there with the trophy in hand after squeaking out a victory against the underdog Cardinals and talked about nothing but himself and his team.

Classless turds. Different circumstances sure, but I believe in sportsmanship maybe a little more than the next guy, more than Arians or Tomlin that's for sure.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I'll tell you what else is funny about that game. Ther is NEVER a mention of Warner's pick six when the Cards are on the 1. That, my friends, was the game- not the end zone catch at the end.