Arians talking smack after the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'll say it again. If his problem was with the media, he should have dealt with them.

Taking shots at the Rams when his beef was with the media for hyping the Rams was really low rent and classless.

It's not like any Ram player pulled a Rodney Harrison to F up their playoff run.

I could see him being jacked up if he thought that, but it was clear as a bell that wasn't the case.

spameamil

UDFA
Funny people calling this classless while last week everyone love what Fisher did with the captains saying it was ballsy and loved the feistiness of Fisher. You guys should be happy he called you an 8-8 team, it was meant as a compliment.

2004: 8-8
2005: 6-10
2006: 8-8
2007: 3-13
2008: 2-14
2009: 1-15
2010: 7-9
2011: 2-14
2012: 7-8-1
2013: 7-9
2014: 6-8 best case 8-8

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Funny people calling this classless while last week everyone love what Fisher did with the captains saying it was ballsy and loved the feistiness of Fisher. You guys should be happy he called you an 8-8 team, it was meant as a compliment.

Yeah. A compliment. Because it's always flattering to be called a mediocre team.

The fuck outta here.

ZgG00cu.png

gUpZgWv.png

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

Can you give us a run down of your superbowl wins? Interested in those numbers too since you're doing research and all :)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Not quite. We were being dicks to the skins. Only difference is there is bad blood with Snyder and fisher. I have no idea what made Arians say this.
We were doing no such thing.

If the circumstances were reversed in each case and the Redskins sent out players they got in a trade with us, I'd tell people to learn to take a joke. If Fisher was bashing another team in his press conference, I'd be mad at his unprofessionalism.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Remember, the only reason we have ANY video of it is because WASHINGTON posted it.

And it's stayed up. So if it was so offensive, they'd have either taken it down or probably said something. It's not like we posted some guerilla vine and ran a bunch of gloss about it.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Next year's STL AZ games are gonna be fuuuuun!

And anyone that wears that hat shouldn't be talking smack about anything or anyone.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  1. Let him speak, it doesn't really matter what he says.
  2. I think he's buying the hype in their record.
  3. Obviously his our hype irked him

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You can never get rid of 5-penis head. That would be a travesty.

He was referring to the photoshopped pic further up.

But you are right, the 5 penis head is here to stay. It's beautiful........plus chicks dig it.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
Fisher also had the balls to do it before the game rather than from the safety of the outcome, like Arian...I guess he(Arian) learned from Peterson's beatdown by Julio Jones.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Let's see how he fares without Todd Bowles once he becomes an HC. ;)

Ramathon

take away a Mason Fumble and its a 9-6 ballgame. score from 1 yard line and its a 10-9 ballgame in our favor.

We were exact in total yards.

Not sure how their defense is the real one. Our defense was every bit as good as theirs.

If if was a skiff......

Who cares about yards allowed. The Rams' D played reasonably well, but the score says they gave up more points than did the AZ D. So, 'reasonably well' wasn't good enough, and last nite the AZ D was the better of the 2.

The Rams D was not the same D that showed up the last couple weeks. Granted, they didn't give up any td's, but they did make Drew Freakin' Stanton look like a reasonably decent backup QB...with little dropoff when Lindley (sp?) entered the game. The pass rush was pretty anemic most of the nite. And IMO, as well as the D has played over the last 5-6 weeks, I think they do a less than stellar job of disguising their blitzes. All that.....line up in a base look, run up and crowd the line, and then backpedal like crazy a second before the snap drives me bonkers. And I think it only makes those in movement off balance. I just feel like when they win those battles, it's because they simply won the mano-e-mano battle. I'm probably wrong, but it just doesn't seem like they hardly ever just outfox the opposition with all that moving around.

RamBill

Legend
Arians crowing after Arizona victory over Rams
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_5bd90bce-3165-59da-a90a-0add9f7a4c6d.html

One week you're taking a jab at the opposition by sending out a certain group of coin toss captains. The next week, the opposing coach is taking a jab at your defense and your coaching record.

Such is life in the NFL. As former Rams cornerback Cortland Finnegan used to say: "Sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windshield."

The Rams played the role of "bug" in Thursday's 12-6 loss to Arizona, and Big Red coach Bruce Arians couldn't help crowing about the victory afterwards.

"Everybody wanted to say how great their defense is, but I think they saw a good defense tonight and it was in red and white," Arians told reporters after the game. "I am very proud of our guys."

The Rams entered the game with one of the hottest defenses in the league, becoming the first NFL team since Dallas in 2009 to register back-to-back shutouts with a 52-0 triumph over Oakland on Nov. 30, followed by a 24-0 victory over Washington on Dec. 7.

Even with Thursday's loss they have not yielded a touchdown in three games.

But the media attention the St. Louis defense has received lately ruffled some Cardinals' feathers.

"It fired us up a lot," said Arizona Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Peterson. "I mean, we're the number one team in the NFL and the NFC, and we don't get nearly as much coverage. It doesn't matter to us. We just want to keep going out and playing football, keep winning games, and get into the playoffs."

The fact that Arizona entered the game as an underdog despite sharing the best record in the NFL with Green Bay, New England, and Denver didn't go over well, either.

"I love it when nobody says that you will have a chance to win," Arians said. "There is an 11-3 team, and a team that is always 8-8. You figure it out."

Actually, the Rams (6-8) must win their final two games to reach .500 this season. But Arians' remarks obviously were a shot at Fisher, who had five teams finish 8-8 while head coach of the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans.

Last Sunday, Fisher upset fans and some media members in Washington and elsewhere when he sent out six Rams players who were acquired via the Robert Griffin III trade in 2012 for the coin toss.

A55VA6

Legend
I always talk good about Arians because he's a good coach, but what an asshole. Not classy at all. Have fun trying to win the Super Bowl with an injured Drew Stanton or Ryan Lindley.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Funny people calling this classless while last week everyone love what Fisher did with the captains saying it was ballsy and loved the feistiness of Fisher.

Generalizations usually make one look foolish while pissing people off at the same time. See the bolded part of your post? That's an example. Not everyone, including myself, loved or even agreed with what Fisher did.
Here are some comments on this topic from the folks over at azcardinals.com:

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?68992-BA-Puts-the-Smackdown-on-the-Rams

BA Puts the Smackdown on the Rams

Incredible stuff from BA. And its abso-stinking lutely deserved. What a ridiculous team the rams are. Bragging about their first round picks over RG3, the hiring of a controversial DC and all the while being perennially dirty. Ask anyone in the NFL to verify the last point.

Go Cardinals. Always, always put on a show. Easily the best Thursday night game this year. Way to man up team.
-----------
It definitely was nerve-wrecking but **** skippy, Red Sea D hold them back from scoring a touchdown.
----------
He pretty much had to.. The defense doesnt need an ego boost but Arians and that speech had to hype them up even more. Arians knows that the only way this team keeps winning is through the defense.
---------
And deserved for knocking out 2 of our QBs. Have a nice offseason Lambs!!
salute.gif

PS: I thought that was hilarious sending out all the draft picks as captains against the 'Skins. RGIII is GARBAGE!!
---------
Hmm, not sure I agree with what he has done here.
I agree the Rams deserve it after that player predicted the shutout, but that is just a player talking rather than the coach.
---------
He was praising his defense the only way B.A. knows how.. He's basically saying " Look we been under dogs the whole season and here we are 11-3 and supposed to lose to some 8-8 team from St. Louis!"
----------
Yeah I get it. . I guess its the "always 8-8" thing it sounds like trash talking against the whole organization.
Its fine, but I just dont want him to turn into Rex Ryan.
---------
Totally agree with you. However, in this case this is more a reactive couple of statements than just talking trash IMO.

Basically, He's proud, pissed off and feels validated in that this team deserves everything they have so far. BA is so similar to the Cards really. Always under the radar, perennially irrelevant but for no good reason whatsoever.

Plus, the Rams were talking mad **** last week, hired a coach who is the definition of dirty, is consistently a dirty team in general and had a losing record coming into the game!!!

Sometimes its deserved is all I am saying.
--------
I think BA might have been echoing sentimernts felt throughout the league based upon Fisher's classless shenanigans. The coin toss thing in Washington really made no sense and was very tool-ish...old school coaches like BA hate that stuff.
---------
All the Ram supporters are PO'd about BA's statement. Calling BA classless and all other things derogatory. If that's the way they want to take it let them! They spouted trash all week long and had to eat their own filthy words, that's what you get when you Are classless and clueless.

I think the NFL needs to review the play when Drew went down. Especially the Ogletree (52) and Sims (97) pile on. It was these two player's late hits that caused the injury. Aaron Donald already had Drew going down but Ogletree twisted Drew's midsection while Sims Pancaked Drew's legs. And Sims had enough time to lay off.

Makes me wonder if this is some of the "coaching" the rams D gets? I hope not, but it's starting to get strange that the Rams consistently knock our QB's out, while most other teams do not (Julius Thomas chop on CC being another team that plays to seemingly injure on purpose). Maybe I'm just seeing things too. Just doesn't sit well when I see the replay.
---------
Wow the Ram fans have responded to the Post Game played by our beloved Bruce Arians. Lots and lots of name calling, I'm talking they are making an art form out of it, people wishing us bad things, rivalry talk, vendetta stuff, really really unhappy people over on that forum.

I think BA's message was more of a message to the League, the writers, and basically everybody. We had a better record, both teams were playing with back up QBs, and both team have a top notch defense.... yet we were considered underdogs once again. Not only did we win, we rode out of town on a spare quarterback.

I pick up what BA is putting down, he's got both arms extended out to east and west, he's got that middle finger up, he's spinning in circles while making his way through the battle, yup, it's the matrix bird spin, and it's taking everybody out!