Are you a Rams fan from the STL area, LA area, or other?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How many Rams fans here are from STL vs. LA?

• Total voters

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
St. Louis fan here. I've been a fan since 1999 when I went to a game and could comprehend what was going on. I believe it was against the Saints. Watched the Super Bowl win against the Titans. Was heartbroken at the loss to the Cheatriots.

They moved, but to be honest, I don't care where they play. I just want them to win, wherever they are. I can't stop being a fan, no matter what.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably started watching the Rams around 1966, growing up in NJ... they were the late game a lot back then.

Saw the horns and that was it! Been a fan ever since.

Never lived in or near LA or STL.

Been in TX for many years now... really enjoyed going to the game last week and watching the DAL fans cry in their beer.

Went to a few games in STL... loved the fans there!
Planning on getting out to LA next year... got to go to one game at The Coliseum and then one in the new place.

I remember wondering if I'd stick with them when they moved to STL... but I did... and obviously, I'm sticking with them as they returned to LA.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Born and raised in California, currently living in Campbell, again, in the SF Bay Area AKA Whinerville USA.

Been a fan since the mid-60s. At I think age 6 or 7, I named my first bowling team (mom was into rolling the ball so I was given the "opportunity" to roll the ball as well) the Fearsome Foursome.

What started it all? The horns man, it's all about the horns!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Great to see all the fans from so many locations.

For those of you who don't know, this forum was started by someone not from LA or St Louis. He - like most of us - is just an avid Rams fan and he started this place as a place where Rams fans could be just that and feel like they were just BSing with friends. I want to thank @-X- for doing that so many years ago. It is hard to believe it has been this long. While X is still around and active on his baby, it is now run as a much larger yet still tight community. A couple of guys own the site (real cloak and dagger stuff so I don't know if they want to come out of the shadows) and a few of us continue to help out where we can.

That all said, I am from the San Fernando Valley originally - Canoga Park, right next to Northridge and I've come to bore many of you with a story I have told a couple times before.

When I was five years old my dad bought me a full kids uniform with the lint pads and all. I used to go out to our stucco wall in front of our house and ram the helmet so it would look like the ones worn by Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen - my two favorite Ram players at the time.

Over the years, I went to a few games with my dad or buddies. My family moved to the SLO area of CA and then my wife and I moved to the Portland, OR area in '89. The only game I could go to then was when the Rams played the AFC shecocks. When the Rams moved to St Louis, I tried to give up on the Rams. I was so pissed at Georgia Frontierre and John Shaw. But the first time I saw the horns on the helmets again, that dumb notion was all over. I had too much history with the Rams and my dad, my grandpa, sunny afternoons on the bleachers of the Coliseum watching my Rams shut down OJ Simson, etc...

I'm a third generation Rams fan and raised a fourth in my two boys. I have met a bunch of you over the years and had the great joy of buying tickets for my dad and two sons for the season opener of their last season in St Louis. It was great meeting a bunch of you out there when we came together for a memorial to one of our fallen ROD brothers, @Thordaddy.

It has to be an incurable illness - being a Rams fan. So cheers to all my fellow sickos out there. :cheers:

Well, I knew there wasn't much fan support for the Rams in St. Louis, especially since all they did was lose, but I didn't think the poll would be this lopsided.

Looks like I'll be the lone Ram fan within a 50 mile radius celebrating when the they become consistent contenders in the next few years, lul.
There are still several out there and cheers to them all.

Oh and I will see my 1st game in person this Sunday. GO RAMS!
Good deal. Please post a report after the game.

Doesn't this forum have a map that shows where everyone is from , thought I saw it at one time.

Found the map

http://www.ramsondemand.com/memberMap/
Anyone who hasn't done so, add yourself to it. It's just a fun thing to see where Rams fans are concentrated. There are far more members here than show up on that map.

Don't think I had seen that before thanks - but surely there are more than that who frequent ROD?
Absolutely. We haven't discussed it in a long time so not many of our newish members even know it's there. Go to the dots beside CHAT at the top of the screen and it will drop down a menu where you can select it. Then just add your location.

My guess , many others have not seen the map either , or took the time to add their location
Yep

I even had the full kids uniform, helmet and all.
Blue and white?

Born in San Fernando County/ Van Nuys/ North Hollywood {LA} area. Developed into a fan while living in the Lompoc Ca area playing football in Jr High School (1967/1968).
Guess I kinda followed you around a bit. San Fernando Valley - lived in Canoga Park, my dad was a fireman at the Van Nuys airport station. Moved to Atascadero - just north of Lompoc - in '75 when I was entering Jr High.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Born and raised in St. Louis. Grew up going to St. Louis Cardinal football games with my Dad and Grandpa until the team moved to AZ. Didn't really follow a team for several years after the move.

When the Rams came in '95, I bought season tickets and became a fan. During the GSOT years, the dome rocked and you couldn't find a ticket. Being at the playoff games was awesome!

Moved in 2005 to Seattle and had to endure the ribbing from the 'hawk fans until I moved to LA several years later.

Still live in LA and still a fan although the way Demoff lied about the move (stan always buys land....) and Kronke trashed St. Louis ("can't support 3 teams"....BS stan, put a decent product on the field) left a bitter taste regarding ownership.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Born and raised in StL - moved away in 2005. I stuck with the Rams when I moved so I decided to stick with them with they moved. I was pot committed on this group anyway - I could have pretended to stop being a fan but I only would have been lying to myself.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I am from Delaware/Philly fan territory. As a young kid I always wanted to go against Philly sports. At age 7 I made a bet with my aunt on the Rams 99 Super Bowl. The bet was 2 CDs vs cleaning her apartment lol. As we all know the rams won and I won. I fell in love with Marshall Faulk and have been a die hard rams fan ever since.

Just so happens my grandpa went to USC, so Ive always been a die hard USC fan/— making the recent move to LA quite amazing for me.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
<~~~~~~~~~ IOWA

Rams_Shirt7a.jpg

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love all my Boston sports teams! Became a Rams fan in the late 70s. The Patriots were never on TV back in those days. Started liking the Rams as I watched them more than the Patriots. Bought my first Rams shirt when I was 10, got made fun of and started liking them more lol. Been a Rams fan ever since. Plus the Patriots call themselves New England and not Boston so I hate them for that too lol.

This is me, only with Ohio/Cleveland sports. Well sort of.

I'm 31, so I became a fan in 1998. Game against the Vikings that the Rams lost 38-31. I was 12 years old, but I remember Bruce's long TD catch, Kennison returning a punt for a TD, and Tony Banks coming up a yard or two short trying to tie the game as time expired.

But my dad became a fan in the 60s for the same reason you did - the Rams were on TV. He picked them when he was 6, and that was always going to be passed onto me. What's really funny is that I've always been a Cavs and Indians fan - I guess people didn't pay attention when they weren't good. But now that they're both really good, people have asked me more frequently why I'm a Cavs and Indians fan but then a Rams fan.

I don't live in Cleveland, I live in Columbus - so I don't have any loyalty to the city or anything like that - but I just respond that the Rams originated in Cleveland, so technically...

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Grew up in a very small town in South Dakota, got the Vikings broadcast every Sunday. I was watching a Vikings home game with my Dad when I was about 10 years old. It was a cold, grey day at the old Met Stadium, the game looked like it was in B/W, everyone looked as miserable as Bud Grant always did back then. The second game comes on at 3:00 pm and its always a west coast game. It was the Rams hosting the 49ers (?). The sky was blue, the grass was green, the mountains were brown, the clouds were puffy white, the Coliseum looked really cool and the Rams took the field in their classic with and blue uniforms. Loved the Rams horns, loved the way they played and became a fan then and there.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Born in Anaheim, but moved North to Sacramento. Moved back and forth between North and South, but always in California.

Father's company had a suite at Rams Stadium, (Dickerson era) and took us all of the time. I had no choice as the Rams are a family affair... :)

As an adult, I have only been to two Rams games live - One at Candlestick and one in St. Louis, (Cardinals with Emmit Smith game).

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I was born in Orlando, and I live here now, but when I was very young we moved to Hawaii. I spent all of my grade school years there (70's).

Anyway, the LA market was basically the home market for us out on the Islands. Every Sunday morning (because of the time difference) the Rams would be on TV. Back then... cartoons only came on TV on Saturday mornings. Kids would wake up early to binge watch cartoons every Saturday. Me... I thought Sunday mornings were the best because I got to watch the Rams. The Sunday morning Ram games were the highlight of my week throughout my young childhood.

Once we moved back to the Mainland it wasn't as convenient to watch my Rams. I stuck with them religiously though and I followed them in every way I could even if I couldn't watch every game anymore.

Thank goodness times have changed now with being able to watch them on TV every week. Back when it became possible to watch my Rams every week on MY TV... it was like I became a kid again (not that I ever really grew up or ever will).

I'm a happy Ram Die-Hard till the end.

Ants

Starter
Back in the 1960's when I was a kid in NJ, my dad was watching a football game on tv. I noticed a REALLY cool helmet design and asked my dad, "What's that team with the swirl on the helmet?"
He said, "The Rams".
Me: "that's the team I like".
From then on, the Rams were my team. That was back in the days of Roman Gabriel and Jack Snow. :yess:

PS: I live in PA now.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Names Anthony I go by payote75
Lived in New York all my life specifically on the island
I have been a Rams fan since Jim Everett hit flipper Anderson in OT at giants stadium I believe in 1988 if memory serves me correct. I have never looked back since never waivered been through all the ups and downs with this team feel like I am a part of them. Ike Bruce has been and always will be one of my favs as well as Henry Ellard and flipper. Reason I became a Rams fan in that moment in all honesty is because I am one of four brothers 2 are jets fans one a giant fan and we have competed in everything since we were born and at that age vs the Giants my brother and I were watching from start to finish the more he got angry the harder I cheered for the Rams until flipper conveyed all my younger brother emotions by catching that pass in OT and continuing to run into the tunnel lol. From then on I never looked back as they had come through In a way that made a baby brother have the last laugh lol.....That's my story

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'm 25, I'm originally from Tucson, AZ and my entire family consists of cowboys fans. By default I wore all the shirts and stuff, but I remember getting teased hard around the time of the Greatest Show on Turf. I also played pop warner ball for a team called the rams. I figured, hell with it, I'm not gonna get teased for a team I didn't even choose to like! I'll just be a Rams fan. And I've been a fan ever since. Not letting the atrocious football deter me from my fandom. The helmets awesome, the team has a great legacy, and something about my own football jerseys with that same rams logo keeps me a fan. Even through the tough years.

Now I live in Sacramento, CA so I was kinda stoked my team moved a bit closer to me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Mods - how to we put a pin on that map for our location? Also, given that we have this thread going, I think it would be a great time to encourage members to pin their own location on the map.

Thanks!
I was thinking of putting up a thread of its own to do just that. In the mean time, if you go to the member map page, you should see an Add/update button. Click on it and you can enter your zip code (easiest way). Then click Search and then choose what it comes up with - mine said Reno, NV USA (IIRR). It should put a pin in your location.

It may not show up unless you zoom way in. I didn't think mine got placed when I first did it. But it is there.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was thinking of putting up a thread of its own to do just that. In the mean time, if you go to the member map page, you should see an Add/update button. Click on it and you can enter your zip code (easiest way). Then click Search and then choose what it comes up with - mine said Reno, NV USA (IIRR). It should put a pin in your location.

It may not show up unless you zoom way in. I didn't think mine got placed when I first did it. But it is there.

As those sophisticated French say, Mercy Buckets!

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Born in Whittier, CA and have been a fan since about 1970...I live in Kansas now..

My brother was born in Whittier in February of 1961. We lived there for 2 years, then my Dad's career moved us to Tulsa, OK.