Anyone getting sick of all the whining?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OMG....yes I am SICK of all the whining. ROD hasn't been working on my computer for months now and Ive been stuck posting at TST....lets just say I am unbelievably happy to be back
Wondering where the hell you went. Welcome back man.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The first one here. Don't get me wrong. I like the vein of what you said in starting this thread and I'll address several other posts in a mega post. But I think you took a bad turn here. I have to agree with blue4. I agree with what you were getting at in creating this thread though.

Agreed. That was just frustration. I could've done a much better job with that response...
Sincere apologies to all.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Mods don't have that option. Maybe one of us should have started this thread.

Btw what I'm personally sick of is members ignoring what we ask them not to do, which isn't a whole lot to ask; don't discuss possible relocation of the team because it causes division and unnecessary tension in the membership over an event that may or may not happen.

Go over to Rams Talk instead and duke it out with them over this topic. Over half of their threads are about that. It's not like Rams fans don't have anywhere else to discuss this.

I'm one of those "PollyAnna cheerleaders" you are referring to. I've been cheering on this team since I was a boy and now I'm older than most of you. Don't anyone imply that I'm not as passionate or invested in the Rams as the rest of you because that would be foolish.

It's my nature to try to steer people over to the light no matter how dark things look. I damn sure am grounded in reality but choose not to dwell on the negative because it does no good whatsoever to continually whine and complain about things we have absolutely no control over. Don't ever think that the mods aren't as ticked off as the rest of you after a loss but we choose to exercise some self-control.

What members who have never been moderators might not understand is that we are more concerned about the ROD community than our own individual opinions. That's what our decision making is based on and that's why we sometimes scold members who are more interested in venting at the team and one another instead of keeping the peace whenever possible.
Excellent post Prime. I am going to post one of my mega quote posts but this may actually say most of what is in it.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We make ONE out of five plays, and this (and the sudden hatred of JF) isn't a thread.

1. Kendricks makes the catch
2. We get that fumble
3. Joyner makes the INT.
4. Britt make the catch
5. Foles doesn't throw the INT

Not even including the two false starts from the 7.
You simply cannot ignore how young this team is. We are building an engine. (The Patriots are tweaking their NASCAR machine for the chase - the reason they are so good, and they are, is that they've had an overlapping CORE group for 10 freaking years). Fisher has had three. What the hell did you expect from the green Oline - seriously? And stop with the last decade crap - that simply has no relevance here. It just doesn't.
The difference between a mediocre and a good, or a good and a great team is simply a function of lack of mistakes. And that comes from the SAME guys working on the SAME plays for the SAME amount of time on the SAME team. "What about the Cardinals"? We'll see next week - I don't think they're as good as their hype - they haven't played anybody yet, imo.

It just takes time, live with it, and enjoy the ride.

I want to like this post 100000X, but ROD won't allow it..hehe

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
All over.

I don't see the point in hating on Chris Long and Janoris Jenkins for twitter comments. Especially Janoris, letting people know he's OK. THE freakin HORROR.

I don't get the sense of entitlement people have when demanding Jeff Fisher for an explanation for Brian Quick, then throw a fit when he doesn't.

I don't buy for one second that all this is due to relocation. These are on field issues and those are the only ones I care about.

And please, don't tell me how to use the ignore function. I know what it is and how to use it. Finally, they don't have to tailor around my preferences, but they DO have to tailor to this board's preferences.

And no one is violating board policy that I've seen so what's the problem? If you don't want to use the ignore function and you don't want people posting in certain ways, I don't see how you're going to be happy. I don't see the point in worrying about Twitter comments either, but I also don't see the point about worrying about other people's comments on comments on Twitter.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And no one is violating board policy that I've seen so what's the problem
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Read rule #7.
The mods here have been VERY flexible about rants and vents lately, but I wouldn't push the envelope much further if I were some of you.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Read rule #7.
The mods here have been VERY flexible about rants and vents lately, but I wouldn't push the envelope much further if I were some of you.

Then we should let the mods handle that if there is a problem. For what's happened so far this year, I think this board is about the best board on the planet in terms of respect, and whining about how someone else is whining does nothing to help improve anything. I prefer to post the way I feel whether it's positive or negative and I give other members that same basic respect. If someone is posting in a poor way that's why we have mods.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I am not surprised by the 1-2 start. Not at all. I am surprised by the Seattle win and Washington loss though.

One of the things that sticks out to me that I'm so very sick of hearing is that after every loss I keep hearing, "We can fix it. We can fix it. We can fix it........" Enough already. I'm tired of the talk. I'm tired of the cheerleading. Shut up and get it done already. This team is staring down the barrel of a 1-4 start. There really isn't time for talk anymore. Fisher had a quote I saw the other day, "Blah, blah, blah...we're not going to tolerate that anymore...blah, blah..." Anymore? I think maybe you need to be a little more heavy-handed Fisher. Robinson false starts in the redzone? Yank his Prius-sized behind right then and there, chew him a new one on the sidelines, and send him back out there. I understand that guys make mistakes and you don't want them to be afraid to make mistakes but I think you need to up the accountability. Team-wide. No preferential treatment.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Then we should let the mods handle that if there is a problem.
I do let them handle it, and they do handle it. I was just addressing your comment that there's no violation of policy that you know of.
And I don't wanna get into a thing about it either. I know, and they (mods) know what this board is all about. Not everyone else has a handle on that yet.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I do let them handle it, and they do handle it. I was just addressing your comment that there's no violation of policy that you know of.
And I don't wanna get into a thing about it either. I know, and they (mods) know what this board is all about. Not everyone else has a handle on that yet.

Well, I've not been in many of the threads so maybe there's stuff going on I haven't seen. Anyhoo...moving on.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK - here goes:
I'm going to lead by saying that I like this thread. To me it is not about the OP whining about some people whining. It is about a member defending a site he likes and acknowledging what this site is about. It seems that it has actually opened up a dialogue about conduct that needs to happen from time to time.

Think the fans have every reason to whine. Had Kam Chancellor not held out we most likely are 0-3. We were told this team was super talented. The defense holds the Steelers to 9 points (3 points were due to a turnover) and you can't beat that poor steelers defense? Good luck winning in Arizona. A 1-3 start is not good. This looks like the same 6-10/7-9 teams we have seen the last 3 years.
Fans have every right to whine - somewhere else. To me, discussing particular plays or what happened is different than whining and bitching and that IMO is what the OP is talking about.

Loyal Rams fans are seasoned vets. We have known much pain the past decade. So I tend to give most opinions the benefit of the doubt but we have to stay positive man or this is futile.
Decade? I'm not pointing this at you Husker but I wonder how many fans think the losses this past decade are worse than having your dreams crushed repeatedly in the playoffs. I'm not saying one is worse than the other and don't intend to have this become a discussion of that. What I am saying is that us long term Rams fans are not immune to frustration and heartbreak.

I'm just skimming the topics,,,,,,

It's so bad I agree with the whinners even though I'm not reading much. Fisher and Co are stinking the joint up.
IMO - a good example of a useless whiney post. Thanks for putting it in words so I can use it as an example.

Yeah you can't blame anybody for whining or complaining about the whining. It's the incompetent team's fault. You think we would have one accidental winning season in 10 years.
Actually I can. Discussing the issues is one thing. When your (not yours in particular FRO - though I don't like terms like incompetent) post becomes you bitching and venting outside of the vent thread, lean heavily on the backspace key. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Admittedly I've been a huge whiner in the past. I did a bit less this week because it rubbed people the wrong way. But honestly, winning is the only cure for whining.
Good post Rally. And don't think we don't appreciate it. And yes - winning is the only real cure..... well... for most people.:D

Sounds like you want to be a moderator and control what people post. I don't get into all that personally. I come here to bounce my observations against my fellow fan's observations to check myself particularly when things aren't going well so for me there's a lot of value even in some of the negative posts.

Also for the most part the venting is kept to actual venting threads. Stay out of those maybe?
Absolutely not what he is doing with this thread. In essence though, you are using a straw man to preserve some mistaken right of posters to bitch and moan and use the board as one big vent thread. True that it is not as prevalent here - like it is on most boards - but being upset that members choose to create multiple threads that are simply vent threads is the mindset I would like to see from more posters.

I'm not tired -- I've been in this mode for 40 years
:ROFLMAO:

True that.

Funny thing though is even with winning fans lose their minds. It will be stuff like QB controversies, coach bashing, etc. Fans that follow their teams year around are a fiery bunch. :mad:
Fiery is fine. Whiney and bitchy? Not so much.

Mine too. BTW, does anyone else see the irony of a thread complaining about how others....are complaining? :whistle:
No I don't. I actually appreciate someone besides a moderator bring this up for discussion. If he is irritated by it and the moderators are irritated by it, how many others who have been here for a long time or understand the difference between this board and others are irritated by it as well? How many simply won't see it because they are staying away until the whining subsides? How about the whiners post somewhere else until they are satiated?

I do also think it's warranted considering what we as fans endured since 2007
Since 2007? Most of you had the GSOT to watch not too long before that. Many of us - including the moderators - didn't had a Superbowl appearance in the 20 years prior. And yet, we don't feel the need to clutter this board with whining to which we somehow feel entitled. I left the PD board long ago because of the bitching and whining. Pardon me if I'm a little protective of this place and want to err on the side of homerism to prevent that kind of sickness from taking hold.

I really don't mind the evaluations and suggestions I don't think it is whining at all when you are unfortunate enough to have been a fan of an organization with DECADES of losing to their credit. I've been around long enough to remember the short glory days in the LA/Anaheim era before they jumped to StL and barring the injury to Trent Green I wonder if there would have been any winning seasons in StL.

What I cannot condone are the attacks on other members. There is no place for that in my book. Unless you are a troll who just likes to stir crap you are not on this board. We are all sufferers of the same incurable disease, Ram Fandom.

So to post a thread complaining about the complaining. Meh how long have you been a Rams fan? You should be used to it by now. Until they miraculously turn in to a franchise that wins for a couple of decades it going to happen.
You had me up until the last paragraph. So let's just say I completely agree with everything else you said here but not the last.

We all get frustrated. I don't mind people getting mad but I find it funny when people get in the GDT and when we lose they hate the team and are fed up and done with the team.
Yet, they are right back in there the next week. LOL..
Yep.

What I don't like is when people attack players and coaches. The are human beings, they ain't perfect and neither are you.
Yep

We make ONE out of five plays, and this (and the sudden hatred of JF) isn't a thread.

1. Kendricks makes the catch
2. We get that fumble
3. Joyner makes the INT.
4. Britt make the catch
5. Foles doesn't throw the INT

Not even including the two false starts from the 7.
You simply cannot ignore how young this team is. We are building an engine. (The Patriots are tweaking their NASCAR machine for the chase - the reason they are so good, and they are, is that they've had an overlapping CORE group for 10 freaking years). Fisher has had three. What the hell did you expect from the green Oline - seriously? And stop with the last decade crap - that simply has no relevance here. It just doesn't.
The difference between a mediocre and a good, or a good and a great team is simply a function of lack of mistakes. And that comes from the SAME guys working on the SAME plays for the SAME amount of time on the SAME team. "What about the Cardinals"? We'll see next week - I don't think they're as good as their hype - they haven't played anybody yet, imo.

It just takes time, live with it, and enjoy the ride.
Yep. Very well said.

I suppose I think that being a Rams fan is not about being a fan because they are some sort of juggernaut. I certainly wish they were but I watch this team through good times and bad - through optimism and frustration - with memories of great times around them like our recent trip on opening day weekend. I just don't tend to appreciate those who want to soil that with bitching about things we all see even if we don't whine or bitch about it.

Obviously im not talking about suggestions, commentary or analyzations.
There are plenty of sites for constant bitching, this place was designed to NOT be one. All I was saying is that it is getting old...

Based on some responses, I must have struck a nerve or hit too close to home...

This site wasn't intended to be the same as the others. If reminding everyone of that makes me a target for criticism, fine.

If unbridled bitching after every loss is what people are looking for, maybe it'd be cool if they did that at a place that doesn't mind, since the mods ask we keep it in the vent threads and the creator expressed that this place was built as a way to get away from the negativity... maybe just maybe it's not too much to ask that we try a little bit harder to honor that?

To answer your question, 27 years. That's how long I've been a fan of this team. No, I won't ever get used to negative people. The team and the perpetual losing? Been used to it for a long time.
This response is exactly why I don't have a problem with this thread. I also can say, and I don't think @badnews would mind me saying so, that he and I have not always seen I to eye on a thing or two. But in my view, he gets what this place is about. It's not about everyone agreeing all the time. That would be boring. It is about the mood of the site and how we treat PEOPLE. The players, the coaches, the front office, the owner, other members, y'know... PEOPLE.

And if you are in a place where the people who created and run it are not about bitching and complaining, maybe you need to extricate yourself.

1-2 to start the season on paper ain't the part that gets me upset. It's the fact that the team never seems to improve. Watching this years team is just like watching last seasons team. One would think that with new faces things would change one way or the other but they don't. Very frustrating and hard to watch. I dumped $100.00 on game pass to watch the Rams win not lose every darn week.
It's not like we don't get frustration. But I think you believe that the front office or coaches are going to do something different because fans bitch about it. I'm pretty sure they see it at least as well as do we. If you want the freedom to vent outside the vent thread, do it where that is acceptable behavior. It's not a big deal and no one is denying you any right to do it. Just do it somewhere else.

If, however, you want to engage in discussion about what you see as solutions or something you'd specifically like to see done differently, that is generally very welcome and even encouraged here.

losing for 10 years while your owner wants to move the team.....

I am surprised this forum has not burned down.

;)
You might wonder if it is specifically because we refuse to lower the bar and let circumstances dictate code of conduct. Could it really be that simple?

I too tend to read more, and post Less after a Lose! And tend to stay away from the "Vent Threads" because we all saw the games, we have a really good idea of what is going right and wrong!!
Although I do read the "Vents" when I think we've been "Done-Wrong!"! ie; too many Bad calls, robbed of TD's
etc.!!
ROD is the most intelligent Fan Forum around! I trust and value every-ones opinions! even If I don't agree with them!! We don't need to be "BITCHES"!!
Bravo man. Bravo!

You're starting to creep across that line now.
Agreed. And what is cool is that he acknowledged it and we can move on.

The window to like something Daddy likes closed a long freaking time ago. They think I have a sickness.

If its alright with everyone, I'm going to need a pass on the "no whining" thing.
I vented on the vent thread.
I'm whining on this one.
Perhaps we can make this the official whining thread for the season.
Think we can contain it to this thread? I'd be all for it.

Loved the rest of your post and definitely feel your pain. I do hope the team finds a way to ease some of the pain inflicted by your illness - for all of our diseased sakes.

Just curious, do you think it's cool that Fisher bends the truth in a bunch of pressers? What's wrong with commenting about that? What if you didn't know he was talking "coach speak" and believed every word he said?

I don't take the complaining to another level or let it bother me, in fact if you look closely you can see an area or topic that should probably be discussed. All types of criticism is usually an effort by the fans to find a solution to this situation...Losing....Most are sick of it...So, you'll get a lot of post expressing frustration. And somewhere, guys find a way to deal with a losing team that they love to pull for.....

How would this site feel, if after every game, win or lose, every post was talking about how good the team looked, how perfect a player played? Yet week after week, SOS?

I learned a long time ago fans matter...Yell loud enough owners hear you...Sponsors hear us...I wouldn't want the coach fired, but I want Fisher to feel the pulse of the fanbase...If enough fans start complaining about anything, and the media can pick up on it, perhaps we can get some changes...and finally some winning...That's all fans really want, not to whine but to win...
It's not a matter of blind praise and no matter what the fans say on a forum, it is not something likely to cause anyone any new epiphany unless it is actual discussion. Mere bitching or venting is fruitless.

This forum is a forum of openness, I'm not going to sing the praises of the team or coaching staff when they don't deserve it, if you're happy to do that then good for you, I'm a realist, and without W's marked in the column, or even improvement, you won't see me giving out prizes.
I have to say man - I hate the term "realist". It's too often used to say that those who don't want to vent all the time or see things the way the "realist" sees them are not realistic and therefore should be dismissed as blind cheerleaders. No one says you have to speak glowingly about what you see. Most of us would just rather not be beat over the head with negativity.

If you're fed up of FANS telling it like it is, then maybe you need to stop reading....
Man I hate this mantra. We are not blind. We can see what is happening. If all you want to do is "tell it like it is" maybe you should stop posting and therefore we can stop reading it. I would like everyone to stop using the "stop reading it" BS to defend their supposed right to be a realist or tell us what is what as if we can't see it. There is no such right here.

Brother, your OP is basically telling people not to complain about Fisher's coachspeak. It's censorship. Like I mentioned before that's a mod's job, and I think they do a really good job of defining the line on things here on this board which is why so many of us post here.

I mean I noted some of the comments about Fish and understand where they're comin from even if it doesn't bother me. Fish is the master of coach speak so it's whatever, but I understand how fans can be perturbed by how well he handles the media and sidesteps any sort of real information. On top of losing people are frustrated.

Anyway, I just hate censorship in all forms I suppose. I think that is the "nerve" you have hit here plain and simple. Let the mods do their job and take care of that stuff for you and don't be so thin skinned. Just my .02 cents.
Censorship? Lets not go there. There is not a board on the internet that doesn't steer its content. Try going on a whiner board and making a thread about how the patises are doing. Try going on a political board and making a thread about the Rams. Try posting an article about brewing on a MADD site.

The fact that we don't want this board dragged down by negative and venting posts and threads is part of the mission and goal of this site. Telling people that it is not welcome here is no more censorship than telling someone to leave your table if they are upsetting the mood of the party.

Lol my vaguyna isn't hurt, just irritated!

It's just a game. One I really like watching. Talking about the Rams is a big hobby of mine, I never miss a game, I spend money on them and get upset when they lose just like everyone else does...
But I won't let them make me bitter. I refuse to have my time ruined by something out of my control.
And this is again what I am looking for in a Rams forum. I'm not wanting to wade through a bunch gripes to get to the good posts. Have a take and don't suck.

I didn't direct that at you, I am totally on your side.

And it's vaganus not vaguyna...... at least according to @RamFan503 and the other admins.
What the hell? How did I get dragged into the plural of vagina conversation? For what it's worth though, the plural of vagina is simply vaginas, or if talking about them as a topic of discussion, it is vaginae.
I'll stop "whining" when We start winning. If you want to see whining, go to a teams fan site who has a winning record after a loss and laugh at their overreactions. We at least have a legit reason to "whine".
Whine all you want. Somewhere else.

Which is of course my posts and my daily dose of awesomeness that you've all grown accustomed to.
Come on man. "...to which you've all grown accustomed." Is this a second language for you? :whistle:

If you don't like the way someone is posting or what they have to say ignore them or skim over. Don't expect someone else to tailor what they have to say around your preferences. As long as they aren't being disrespectful.
Agree with the disrespectful part. I don't agree however with the other. This place is also about HOW you post. You will certainly receive more leeway in that area than you will if you disrespect someone but how you post does matter here.

It'll never be perfect of course.
It bothers me when guys never want to hear any honest talk. Guys talking about their team like they are contenders when they are 3-10 is just as irritating to me.
It's not about not wanting to hear honest talk. Venting and bitching has little resemblance to honest talk.

All of the comments on this board are well deserved. Do some people let too much emotion go into some of their posts? Yes, but I have not seen many posts that this team has not earned. This is a good forum and I think people are controlling themselves rather well considering this team we have.
For the most part, I agree. I still think it is healthy for this board to discuss this as a means for reminding members WHY this is a good forum where people control THEMSELVES for the most part and why other members will feel free to say it when they see otherwise.

That said, repetition is obnoxious. When some poster feels like they need to remind everyone of something over and over, it's going to get old. And it does.
Yep

Technically it is too early after week 2 to be saying the season is over. But with years of this being a trend, people are going to assume it is going to happen again. This is not a random occurrence from a good team, this is a trend. Until they show us they've changed, fans are going to react this way. I can't really blame them honestly. I thought the Rams had turned the corner after week one's victory. I was sadly disappointed again lol.
Yeah - I can't blame anyone for feeling that way either. It's just that we don't need to be beat over the head with it as if we couldn't see what happened.

Anyone sick of the cheerleading?
Nope. But if you are calling some cheerleaders because they don't only see negatives, or choose not to give up hope or dwell on the losses, you are probably in the wrong place.

I agree that this forum seems better than most others, and if someone is irritated by what he or she considers 'whining', the easiest solution is for that person to skip over the post or thread. Similar to how I get sick of the PollyAnna cheerleaders who seem out of touch with reality, who try to impose their blind dogmatic definition of what it means to be a 'fan' of a sports team, but I try to skip over most of those posts. Most... not all.
I think you should probably spend a bit more time here before you go espousing what you are sick of. There are plenty of other sites for you to get your fill of "realists". This is not however, going to be one of those sites.

And please, don't tell me how to use the ignore function. I know what it is and how to use it. Finally, they don't have to tailor around my preferences, but they DO have to tailor to this board's preferences.
DING DING DING DING DING!!! Give this man a prize.

Maybe it's time to call a spade a spade with this offense. Maybe they just are who they are.
Or you could engage in specifics and discussion without having to resort to tags.

I realize I am beating a drum over and over agoin here. But I really want to be emphatic about this from my perspective as a long time member. This board was created to be the antithesis of boards like the PD. The culture of negativity and/or realism is not a right here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Then we should let the mods handle that if there is a problem. For what's happened so far this year, I think this board is about the best board on the planet in terms of respect, and whining about how someone else is whining does nothing to help improve anything. I prefer to post the way I feel whether it's positive or negative and I give other members that same basic respect. If someone is posting in a poor way that's why we have mods.
I think blue that maybe what you don't see is the gradients that many of us see. I would rather a member come to the defense of the policy of the board than to just let it ride because a lot of the comments or threads are not all THAT bad or are simply being realistic. We try to give people a healthy amount of latitude when posting. Often that means they are inching closer to the edge. And the membership trying to pull them back is often a very good tool for us to figure out when enough is enough. We talk amongst ourselves about what we see all the time but rarely act on it toward the goal of allowing members to speak as freely as possible without being onerous. Sometimes, we need a nudge to realize it is being felt by the other members as well. I'm speaking for myself personally and not necessarily the other mods. But I personally think this has been a very healthy thread and discussion.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
It's not like we don't get frustration. But I think you believe that the front office or coaches are going to do something different because fans bitch about it. I'm pretty sure they see it at least as well as do we. If you want the freedom to vent outside the vent thread, do it where that is acceptable behavior. It's not a big deal and no one is denying you any right to do it. Just do it somewhere else.
Understood...(y)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I am not surprised by the 1-2 start. Not at all. I am surprised by the Seattle win and Washington loss though.

One of the things that sticks out to me that I'm so very sick of hearing is that after every loss I keep hearing, "We can fix it. We can fix it. We can fix it........" Enough already. I'm tired of the talk. I'm tired of the cheerleading. Shut up and get it done already. This team is staring down the barrel of a 1-4 start. There really isn't time for talk anymore. Fisher had a quote I saw the other day, "Blah, blah, blah...we're not going to tolerate that anymore...blah, blah..." Anymore? I think maybe you need to be a little more heavy-handed Fisher. Robinson false starts in the redzone? Yank his Prius-sized behind right then and there, chew him a new one on the sidelines, and send him back out there. I understand that guys make mistakes and you don't want them to be afraid to make mistakes but I think you need to up the accountability. Team-wide. No preferential treatment.
I'd like to use this one as an example of what I PERSONALLY do and don't like. Consider the bolded what I don't like.

Here's what I can appreciate from it:

I can appreciate that you are tired of hearing the we can fix it talk and then not seeing it fixed. That's fairly specific. It's not just saying you are tired of coach speak. I can appreciate that you brought up the specific example of the false start and that you'd like to see some consequences and tangible evidence that it is being addressed. To me that explains your point of view without the "Prius sized" "blah blah blah" "shut up", etc...

When you bring up the points, we can discuss them. When you add in the insults and the demanding tone, it makes me want to ignore what you say.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think blue that maybe what you don't see is the gradients that many of us see. I would rather a member come to the defense of the policy of the board than to just let it ride because a lot of the comments or threads are not all THAT bad or are simply being realistic. We try to give people a healthy amount of latitude when posting. Often that means they are inching closer to the edge. And the membership trying to pull them back is often a very good tool for us to figure out when enough is enough. We talk amongst ourselves about what we see all the time but rarely act on it toward the goal of allowing members to speak as freely as possible without being onerous. Sometimes, we need a nudge to realize it is being felt by the other members as well. I'm speaking for myself personally and not necessarily the other mods. But I personally think this has been a very healthy thread and discussion.

I know. It was just been my impression that from the threads I've seen (admittedly I've not been in every one) that this isn't an issue at all except for a few vocal people. My point was that if, for example, 15 people think what's happening is legitimate discussion and criticism and 3 don't, why is it the 15's problem? Again, this is just my impression of the threads I've participated in. Granted, some have been cranky shall we say, but it's been an exceptionally trying couple of Sundays. I thought the mods were absolutely correct to let the members work it out of their system. After all, these are people that we talk to pretty much everyday. We know who they are as people. Well internet people anyway, lol. That's just my take on it, and now I really will move on.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
So @RamFan503 you'd rather that people didn't express their feelings / opinions when they feel their team isn't performing well? If that's the case then there wouldn't be much talk on here post game day. You don't like the term 'realist' then that's ok, but we don't support the Rams to 'be OK with them not winning' I'd be surprised that there isn't anyone on this forum that doesn't wake up game day morning wanting the rams to win. That was my point with regards to realism, I apologise If you didn't get that, English IS after all my second language.

I think you forget that maybe that some of us don't live in a country where you can vent and bitch about your team's poor performance and this is the only place where we can talk / discuss about the Rams. Think of it like a couple of guys having a beer or so after a game, you talk about the positives AND the negatives, at the moment there are more negatives than positives. In my mind NOT talking about them doesn't make them go away. But then again, I can't look at the team with rose tinted glasses. You probably don't like that saying too, but thats ok because that's your opinion and I respect that.

I don't think I'm going to re-write or tailor what I want to say so as not to offend another member or to follow their opinion of how posters should post and I don't think anyone else should either, I found some of your responses to the ROD posters (new and old) both insulting, patronising and disrespectful, but that's ok because thats your response and what you think, I haven't asked you to stop posting. If what I posted offended you so much, then you could have, as a staff member, sent me an in-message asking me to leave the forum, I've only been a member since 2012.

We all support the same football team, we're Rams fans for goodness sake, we're a dying breed, lets not start in-fighting.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@RamFan503

Vag........anus

Give it a little more thought. :)
If it belongs as one word to you, I really don't know what to say. They are distinctly different entities to me and the two shall never be construed as one - no matter how many of them there are. But I'm not judging you. Feel free.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I honestly have not seen all of this whining on THIS BOARD. The vent thread has plenty of venting, hence the name. Aside from that, I just don't remember seeing redundant threads of people calling out this person or that. Maybe I missed them or maybe the mods have merged them into the vent threads, but I am stunned that his thread has gone 5 pages of people arguing about it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If it belongs as one word to you, I really don't know what to say. They are distinctly different entities to me and the two shall never be construed as one - no matter how many of them there are. But I'm not judging you. Feel free.

Its a joke about gay men.......anal sex......called a vaganus.

If I have to explain I guess it wasn't funny.

It's a word I heard on a TV show, Californication.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The reason I left the board I used to frequent and came here was to avoid negativity.
It is that very aspect that keeps this board civil and polite.

Even at its worst, ROD is still a gazillion times better than other message boards. I realize that is my opinion and it's subjective, but it's why I am here and why I started the thread.

I'm not free of blame. My post may have been antagonistic to some. I'm not always the best at expressing myself without my personal feelings coming out... basically, sometimes I suck.
I have no ill will towards anyone here, even those who wish to bring negativity. I just know that there are others here who are here for the same reasons I am.
I certainly had no intention of coming off as bossy or as a self appointed moderator. The guys we have do a much better job than I could and besides, ROD wouldn't be an escape for me anymore... (I hate responsibility! My plate is full lol)
That said, when membership takes ownership, that's usually a good thing. It works in business, government and family.