Anyone getting sick of all the whining?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know. It was just been my impression that from the threads I've seen (admittedly I've not been in every one) that this isn't an issue at all except for a few vocal people. My point was that if, for example, 15 people think what's happening is legitimate discussion and criticism and 3 don't, why is it the 15's problem? Again, this is just my impression of the threads I've participated in. Granted, some have been cranky shall we say, but it's been an exceptionally trying couple of Sundays. I thought the mods were absolutely correct to let the members work it out of their system. After all, these are people that we talk to pretty much everyday. We know who they are as people. Well internet people anyway, lol. That's just my take on it, and now I really will move on.
Sorry but even if it was a majority (which it is not) going against the vibe this board tries to maintain, it would not make the 3 who recognize it wrong for voicing just that.

As mods, we haven't exactly allowed members to work it out of their system in all cases. We try to allow it as much as is healthy but it is a fine line as to when it becomes unhealthy or leading to a tipping point. We also have the obligation to keep the line clear to newer members and guests. We actually had an instance the other day where someone who was a long term member was not clear about a specific rule. It wasn't because they were trying to be difficult or piss anyone off. They simply didn't realize as they hadn't seen it mentioned. It tends to be a bit of a reality check that people sense the mood at a given time and often think that is just the way things roll. For them, I think it is particularly healthy that we are having this discussion.

Take yourself for example. I know you probably more than any of the other moderators because of the discussions we've had on the stadium issue. You know the ins and outs of what is allowed here on that subject. If someone comes on here and starts a thread or makes a post on the subject, I would assume you would say something about it, and rightfully so. In doing so, you would be defending the policy and mood of the board. And you may or may not know if the member knew of that policy or even agree with all of it. But you would likely let him know it wasn't allowed - right? That doesn't make the person who posted it a bad member and it doesn't make you a censor for letting him know.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Its a joke about gay men.......anal sex......called a vaganus.

If I have to explain I guess it wasn't funny.

It's a word I heard on a TV show, Californication.
Love the show but... yeah... sure it was. :p

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I honestly have not seen all of this whining on THIS BOARD. The vent thread has plenty of venting, hence the name. Aside from that, I just don't remember seeing redundant threads of people calling out this person or that. Maybe I missed them or maybe the mods have merged them into the vent threads, but I am stunned that his thread has gone 5 pages of people arguing about it.
Yeah - your mom wears army boots. Oh wait! Some do these days. Guess I just suck at calling people out.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Sorry guys... I don't like losing either, but I'm more upset with the attitude of the fans than I am our two losses.

Don't get me wrong, the Washington game was frustrating.
The lack of points this Sunday was also dissapointing...

That said, the general shittyness of the fans is worse than our 1-2 record.

This season is so far from over.
We're the youngest team facing a tough schedule. New offense, new players... I've been here, I know how long it's been since we were good.
But come on.

You think Fisher owes you transparency???
Please quit whining about coach speak. Bitch about our lack of preparation, bitch about the drops... fine by me.

Keep the constant whining to the vent threads please please pretty please with sugar on top. It's making this place as unenjoyable as the last two games...
Oh I hate the negativity as well, I sure understand it but still hate it

SixthGauge

UDFA
Name
Andrew
Or you could engage in specifics and discussion without having to resort to tags.

Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, Chris Givens, Brian Quick, Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, and Nick Foles. Running backs aside, these are our core playmakers. This is the third year for Tavon and Stedman, and the rest have been in the league for 3 or more years.

Up until this point, they haven't been good enough. We haven't sniffed a league average offense for 8 years. Our point of emphasis, running the ball, has been below league average for 8 years.

Is it really an unfair label?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
And no one is violating board policy that I've seen so what's the problem? If you don't want to use the ignore function and you don't want people posting in certain ways, I don't see how you're going to be happy. I don't see the point in worrying about Twitter comments either, but I also don't see the point about worrying about other people's comments on comments on Twitter.

I'm fine with people talking with real issues. And that lays in my point: most of these aren't legit issues in my mind. Just extra shit that gets piled on after losses.

DING DING DING DING DING!!! Give this man a prize.

Waiting...

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Its a joke about gay men.......anal sex......called a vaganus.

If I have to explain I guess it wasn't funny.

It's a word I heard on a TV show, Californication.
Why is it that every thread you pop into makes you reference gay sex?

I mean, I'm not judging or anything. Just asking if you wanna go camping.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Why is it that every thread you pop into makes you reference gay sex?

I mean, I'm not judging or anything. Just asking if you wanna go camping.
Oh sure. Try to swoop in now. BITCH!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So @RamFan503 you'd rather that people didn't express their feelings / opinions when they feel their team isn't performing well? If that's the case then there wouldn't be much talk on here post game day. You don't like the term 'realist' then that's ok, but we don't support the Rams to 'be OK with them not winning' I'd be surprised that there isn't anyone on this forum that doesn't wake up game day morning wanting the rams to win. That was my point with regards to realism, I apologise If you didn't get that, English IS after all my second language.

I think you forget that maybe that some of us don't live in a country where you can vent and bitch about your team's poor performance and this is the only place where we can talk / discuss about the Rams. Think of it like a couple of guys having a beer or so after a game, you talk about the positives AND the negatives, at the moment there are more negatives than positives. In my mind NOT talking about them doesn't make them go away. But then again, I can't look at the team with rose tinted glasses. You probably don't like that saying too, but thats ok because that's your opinion and I respect that.

I don't think I'm going to re-write or tailor what I want to say so as not to offend another member or to follow their opinion of how posters should post and I don't think anyone else should either, I found some of your responses to the ROD posters (new and old) both insulting, patronising and disrespectful, but that's ok because thats your response and what you think, I haven't asked you to stop posting. If what I posted offended you so much, then you could have, as a staff member, sent me an in-message asking me to leave the forum, I've only been a member since 2012.

We all support the same football team, we're Rams fans for goodness sake, we're a dying breed, lets not start in-fighting.
I'll reply tomorrow.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
This has been a blast...
It's not a matter of blind praise and no matter what the fans say on a forum, it is not something likely to cause anyone any new epiphany unless it is actual discussion. Mere bitching or venting is fruitless.
Now all the bitching has got my boy:shooting: Isiah Pead cut:eek::confused::(...see what bitching and moaning does...:rolleyes:o_O

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So @RamFan503 you'd rather that people didn't express their feelings / opinions when they feel their team isn't performing well? If that's the case then there wouldn't be much talk on here post game day. You don't like the term 'realist' then that's ok, but we don't support the Rams to 'be OK with them not winning' I'd be surprised that there isn't anyone on this forum that doesn't wake up game day morning wanting the rams to win. That was my point with regards to realism, I apologise If you didn't get that, English IS after all my second language.
Absolutely not. And if you read what I have written several times, it is not about ignoring how the team is playing. There are ways to express that without calling players busts and coaches clueless, etcetera. Posters can express dissatisfaction with what they see without their post being just another vent. The term "realist" has been discussed many times here and on virtually every other board on the internet. I'm not introducing a new thought here. Too often it is used as an excuse to bag on the team and if you try to reason with the person, they use the excuse, "I'm just being realistic".

BTW - my English as a second language comment to X was a joke.

I think you forget that maybe that some of us don't live in a country where you can vent and bitch about your team's poor performance and this is the only place where we can talk / discuss about the Rams. Think of it like a couple of guys having a beer or so after a game, you talk about the positives AND the negatives, at the moment there are more negatives than positives. In my mind NOT talking about them doesn't make them go away. But then again, I can't look at the team with rose tinted glasses. You probably don't like that saying too, but thats ok because that's your opinion and I respect that.
We've always talked about this actually being just like a place where you are having a beer and shooting the shit about your favorite team with other fans. And it has always been that none of us like having the few that only want to bitch or that go beyond shooting the shit to where they are whining about how the Rams suck and which players suck and which coaches suck and ....... Personally, if someone is doing that in my pub (the real one that I own) about any team, he's going to have to leave. Maybe he can find another place that welcomes that behavior. Good luck to him. I certainly won't be going there.

I don't think I'm going to re-write or tailor what I want to say so as not to offend another member or to follow their opinion of how posters should post and I don't think anyone else should either, I found some of your responses to the ROD posters (new and old) both insulting, patronising and disrespectful, but that's ok because thats your response and what you think, I haven't asked you to stop posting. If what I posted offended you so much, then you could have, as a staff member, sent me an in-message asking me to leave the forum, I've only been a member since 2012.
If you are not bitching, whining, or venting, I wouldn't expect you to re-write or tailor how you post. If however, you feel the desire to just vent, I'd suggest keeping it to the thread we provide for just that purpose after every loss.

I am sorry if you felt I disrespected some of the members. But if using what posters write as examples as to what is not acceptable here is being disrespectful, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to go PMing every member every time I have a problem with what they said.

Aside from that, I am quite tired of people defending their supposed right to vent freely. There is no such right and the constant negativity by a few is quite honestly disrespectful to this board as a whole. And like it or not, it is my job to actually say something about it when I see it. If that makes me look like a bit of an A-hole at times, it is an unfortunate inevitability on an internet site. No one likes to be told how to behave - especially by someone they don't even know. Hell - I don't like telling people how to behave. I'd rather they just GET IT.

We all support the same football team, we're Rams fans for goodness sake, we're a dying breed, lets not start in-fighting.
Honestly Shaun - we've seen where allowing members to set a bad tone - especially after losses - is what results in in-fighting. And the posters that are the most negative seem to feel they have the most right to lay into someone or call out our team during tough times.

All I'm asking is that people respect the team and organization as well as each other when talking about our team. I understand you feel that I crossed that line with some of the members and for that I am sorry. It seems it was my turn to play bad cop.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This has been a blast...
Now all the bitching has got my boy:shooting: Isiah Pead cut:eek::confused::(...see what bitching and moaning does...:rolleyes:o_O
Nice job. Hope you're proud of yourself. But actually I think it was my doing. When he fumbled the ball against Seattle, I yelled "cut him". Never occurred to me that Fish actually heard me. I guess we can influence the coaches by bitching about players.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The term "realist" has been discussed many times here and on virtually every other board on the internet. I'm not introducing a new thought here. Too often it is used as an excuse to bag on the team and if you try to reason with the person, they use the excuse, "I'm just being realistic".

Those who refer to themselves as "realists" and imply that the rest of us aren't crack me up. A realist's wife asks him, "Honey, am I getting fat?" He says to her, "Getting fat? You've been fat for a long time and you're ugly too. Sorry, I'm just keeping it real." He'll be sleeping alone tonight I guarantee.

There's a way to express oneself without cutting someone else off at the knees. It takes some effort but it can be done. Implying that a coach, player, or owner is a loser, a failure, not giving a full effort, etc., is not "keeping it real," it's bad manners and lazy thinking.

BTW - my English as a second language comment to X was a joke.

English is my second language, German being my first. :)

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'd like to use this one as an example of what I PERSONALLY do and don't like. Consider the bolded what I don't like.

Here's what I can appreciate from it:

I can appreciate that you are tired of hearing the we can fix it talk and then not seeing it fixed. That's fairly specific. It's not just saying you are tired of coach speak. I can appreciate that you brought up the specific example of the false start and that you'd like to see some consequences and tangible evidence that it is being addressed. To me that explains your point of view without the "Prius sized" "blah blah blah" "shut up", etc...

When you bring up the points, we can discuss them. When you add in the insults and the demanding tone, it makes me want to ignore what you say.

Insults? Demanding tone? Yikes...my apologies for kicking up the sand in your box.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Insults? Demanding tone? Yikes...my apologies for kicking up the sand in your box.
No problem. I get the feeling you aren't long for here anyway. Who were you when you got banned here before? We're taking bets.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey @shaunpinney I just wanted to maybe give you an example of what we deal with that some just don't see and is a good example of what we don't want here. It is what we are really talking about in this thread.

Plays have been there and Foles has missed or lazy fucks have been dropping balls. Or running bad routes.

The NFL to Fisher: Thanks dumbass. Enjoy your 40 yards a game (from RBs).

A member posts a perfectly logical thread about our running game. It was critical of the run game without being a bitchfest or being disrespectful. Then these two chime in with this. That is exactly what we are not going to allow here. Everyone else is carrying on a regular conversation. A good many of the points are critical of what is going on and there is absolutely no problem with them. Make sense?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A member posts a perfectly logical thread about our running game. It was critical of the run game without being a bitchfest or being disrespectful. Then these two chime in with this. That is exactly what we are not going to allow here. Everyone else is carrying on a regular conversation. A good many of the points are critical of what is going on and there is absolutely no problem with them. Make sense?
Piggy-backing off of that, I'll post the same example I've used for 6 years now.

Which one of the following examples is easier to discuss and/or debate?

"Pead sucks balls and Fisher is an idiot for keeping that piece of shit around."
"Pead hasn't demonstrated the ability to take the next step, despite his talents. One has to wonder why Fisher would keep him around given his lack of production. Thoughts?"

I mean how hard is it to maintain a level of respect for this team/coaches/players/front office and still get your point across? You have a brain. Exercise it.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Well said ramsfan ! I hate when the rams are bad mouthed ! Fighting words! Keep it real , but keep it civil ! Hey , call any other team anything you want ! I will like ! Peace, and of course love!