Anyone getting sick of all the whining?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Sounds like you want to be a moderator and control what people post. I don't get into all that personally. I come here to bounce my observations against my fellow fan's observations to check myself particularly when things aren't going well so for me there's a lot of value even in some of the negative posts.

Also for the most part the venting is kept to actual venting threads. Stay out of those maybe?

My thoughts exactly.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Am I sick of the whining? Yes.

I do also think it's warranted considering what we as fans endured since 2007. I'm personally not interested in partaking the whining process. I just move on and let guys express their frustration.

One thing that really bothers me though is that the whining goes as far as affecting their attitude outside of football, resorting to personal attacks to fellow fans.
C'mon guys, we're not Whiner fans that beat fans of other teams en masse. We endure and that's what makes this fanbase special in some way.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like you want to be a moderator and control what people post. I don't get into all that personally. I come here to bounce my observations against my fellow fan's observations to check myself particularly when things aren't going well so for me there's a lot of value even in some of the negative posts.

Also for the most part the venting is kept to actual venting threads. Stay out of those maybe?
Oh come on.
You can point your "wannabe moderator" bs somewhere else.

I've been here a long time and ive never been one to try to control anything.
I come here for the same reasons you do....

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I really don't mind the evaluations and suggestions I don't think it is whining at all when you are unfortunate enough to have been a fan of an organization with DECADES of losing to their credit. I've been around long enough to remember the short glory days in the LA/Anaheim era before they jumped to StL and barring the injury to Trent Green I wonder if there would have been any winning seasons in StL.

What I cannot condone are the attacks on other members. There is no place for that in my book. Unless you are a troll who just likes to stir shit you are not on this board. We are all sufferers of the same incurable disease, Ram Fandom.

So to post a thread complaining about the complaining. Meh how long have you been a Rams fan? You should be used to it by now. Until they miraculously turn in to a franchise that wins for a couple of decades it going to happen.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The complaining is deserved IMO. This is an epicly poor franchise. They frankly don't deserve the loyalty they have received from their fans.

One or two or even three bad years is one thing to expect your fan base to endure but to put this kind of bad football on the field year after year for a decade is just absolutely unacceptable. The Rams org is extremely lucky to have so many fans who bleed blue and gold. If it wasn't for the perseverance of all of us who keep coming back for more this team would have nothing to play for at all. They surely are not building on their fan base with the kind of teams they have had for the last ten years. What St.Louis kid wants to walk around in Rams gear? Hell they'd get beat up for it. When I was a kid we were able to wear our gear with pride because the franchise itself had pride and was always competitive. But those are ancient memories now.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We all get frustrated. I don't mind people getting mad but I find it funny when people get in the GDT and when we lose they hate the team and are fed up and done with the team.
Yet, they are right back in there the next week. LOL..

What I don't like is when people attack players and coaches. The are human beings, they ain't perfect and neither are you.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
We make ONE out of five plays, and this (and the sudden hatred of JF) isn't a thread.

1. Kendricks makes the catch
2. We get that fumble
3. Joyner makes the INT.
4. Britt make the catch
5. Foles doesn't throw the INT

Not even including the two false starts from the 7.
You simply cannot ignore how young this team is. We are building an engine. (The Patriots are tweaking their NASCAR machine for the chase - the reason they are so good, and they are, is that they've had an overlapping CORE group for 10 fucking years). Fisher has had three. What the hell did you expect from the green Oline - seriously? And stop with the last decade crap - that simply has no relevance here. It just doesn't.
The difference between a mediocre and a good, or a good and a great team is simply a function of lack of mistakes. And that comes from the SAME guys working on the SAME plays for the SAME amount of time on the SAME team. "What about the Cardinals"? We'll see next week - I don't think they're as good as their hype - they haven't played anybody yet, imo.

It just takes time, live with it, and enjoy the ride.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really don't mind the evaluations and suggestions I don't think it is whining at all when you are unfortunate enough to have been a fan of an organization with DECADES of losing to their credit. I've been around long enough to remember the short glory days in the LA/Anaheim era before they jumped to StL and barring the injury to Trent Green I wonder if there would have been any winning seasons in StL.

What I cannot condone are the attacks on other members. There is no place for that in my book. Unless you are a troll who just likes to stir crap you are not on this board. We are all sufferers of the same incurable disease, Ram Fandom.

So to post a thread complaining about the complaining. Meh how long have you been a Rams fan? You should be used to it by now. Until they miraculously turn in to a franchise that wins for a couple of decades it going to happen.

Obviously im not talking about suggestions, commentary or analyzations.
There are plenty of sites for constant bitching, this place was designed to NOT be one. All I was saying is that it is getting old...

Based on some responses, I must have struck a nerve or hit too close to home...

This site wasn't intended to be the same as the others. If reminding everyone of that makes me a target for criticism, fine.

If unbridled bitching after every loss is what people are looking for, maybe it'd be cool if they did that at a place that doesn't mind, since the mods ask we keep it in the vent threads and the creator expressed that this place was built as a way to get away from the negativity... maybe just maybe it's not too much to ask that we try a little bit harder to honor that?

To answer your question, 27 years. That's how long I've been a fan of this team. No, I won't ever get used to negative people. The team and the perpetual losing? Been used to it for a long time.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Mine too. BTW, does anyone else see the irony of a thread complaining about how others....are complaining? :whistle:

Some of you are acting like I really crossed a line...

Fine, lets make it mandatory that every time Fisher talks to the media, every fucking poster here can act like it's the first time they've ever heard coachspeak....

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
1-2 to start the season on paper ain't the part that gets me upset. It's the fact that the team never seems to improve. Watching this years team is just like watching last seasons team. One would think that with new faces things would change one way or the other but they don't. Very frustrating and hard to watch. I dumped $100.00 on game pass to watch the Rams win not lose every darn week.

DenverRam

Starter
losing for 10 years while your owner wants to move the team.....

I am surprised this forum has not burned down.

;)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I too tend to read more, and post Less after a Lose! And tend to stay away from the "Vent Threads" because we all saw the games, we have a really good idea of what is going right and wrong!!
Although I do read the "Vents" when I think we've been "Done-Wrong!"! ie; too many Bad calls, robbed of TD's
etc.!!
ROD is the most intelligent Fan Forum around! I trust and value every-ones opinions! even If I don't agree with them!! We don't need to be "BITCHES"!!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

Fine, lets make it mandatory that every time Fisher talks to the media, every freaking poster here can act like it's the first time they've ever heard coachspeak....

You're starting to creep across that line now.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Am I sick of the whining? Yes.

I do also think it's warranted considering what we as fans endured since 2007. I'm personally not interested in partaking the whining process. I just move on and let guys express their frustration.

One thing that really bothers me though is that the whining goes as far as affecting their attitude outside of football, resorting to personal attacks to fellow fans.
C'mon guys, we're not Whiner fans that beat fans of other teams en masse. We endure and that's what makes this fanbase special in some way.

Whiner fans can suck it.

FB_IMG_1443483091157.jpg

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I let Sunday's loss ruin my day.
I got in a nasty fight with the Mrs....over stupid shit. My mood was shot. There is no excuse for my conduct. I can't even begin to express what a douche I was.

I know the "agony of defeat" thing is part of life, and its necessary component to the "thrill of victory". I admire my buddies on this site who so quickly enter the "we'll get the next one" mind set.
I myself am usually in that camp. I am very level headed with my football.

For too long I've loved the Rams. (flash back to 10 years old in the early 80s with a pipe wrench outside in the cold torquing on the 30 foot high analog antenna.....trying to get the best picture possible on CBS so I could watch John Madden and Pat Summerall call a Rams vs 9ers game. Remember, it's pitch dark at 9am in Alaska in the dead of winter...and I'm a kid out there a few hours early before game start, risking an encounter with a boogey man in the dark woods, are some big hairy yeti who could swallow me whole in one bite....my brother on the other end of the walky talky saying "a little more, a little more...wait...that's worse, go back")

On to Facts:
The Rams have not had a winning season in my 7 year old son's life time.
I've been with my wife since 2006. They've only been above .500 a couple times in our entire relationship.
A strong passion of my life will never be shared by my family, because my wife and kid's are not masochists.
The window to like something Daddy likes closed a long fucking time ago. They think I have a sickness.

If its alright with everyone, I'm going to need a pass on the "no whining" thing.
I vented on the vent thread.
I'm whining on this one.
Perhaps we can make this the official whining thread for the season.

For some reason this Sunday's loss, wasn't a "well, that was that...".
It was a cumulative straw that broke the camel's back reality gut check.
I am better than the asshole who moped around the house on Sunday night.

I work hard in my life, and my success is the sum of all my hard work.
I cannot let this team's success or lack there-of in any way be connected to my life. It's separate. It's entertainment.
My allegiance in no way shape or form affects this team's performance on the field.
I have to dial back the "fanatic" part of being a fan.
what a goddam bummer.......

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Fine, lets make it mandatory that every time Fisher talks to the media, every freaking poster here can act like it's the first time they've ever heard coachspeak....
Just curious, do you think it's cool that Fisher bends the truth in a bunch of pressers? What's wrong with commenting about that? What if you didn't know he was talking "coach speak" and believed every word he said?

I don't take the complaining to another level or let it bother me, in fact if you look closely you can see an area or topic that should probably be discussed. All types of criticism is usually an effort by the fans to find a solution to this situation...Losing....Most are sick of it...So, you'll get a lot of post expressing frustration. And somewhere, guys find a way to deal with a losing team that they love to pull for.....

How would this site feel, if after every game, win or lose, every post was talking about how good the team looked, how perfect a player played? Yet week after week, SOS?

I learned a long time ago fans matter...Yell loud enough owners hear you...Sponsors hear us...I wouldn't want the coach fired, but I want Fisher to feel the pulse of the fanbase...If enough fans start complaining about anything, and the media can pick up on it, perhaps we can get some changes...and finally some winning...That's all fans really want, not to whine but to win...