Anyone getting sick of all the whining?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I mean how hard is it to maintain a level of respect for this team/coaches/players/front office and still get your point across? You have a brain. Exercise it.

Plus some Rams players, past and present, are well aware of ROD. Some like Johnny Hekker, Joe Barksdale, Jack Youngblood, and Kevin Demoff, a member here, have been gracious enough to give us interviews. That doesn't mean they are immune from criticism but we do expect members here to be respectful.

Many ROD members have come here to escape other Rams forums that have been overrun with trolls. We, the mods, will not allow this site to fall apart and be overrun by negativity no matter how bad this season gets.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Well said ramsfan ! I hate when the rams are bad mouthed ! Fighting words! Keep it real , but keep it civil ! Hey , call any other team anything you want ! I will like ! Peace, and of course love!

RedRam

Pro Bowler
No problem. I get the feeling you aren't long for here anyway. Who were you when you got banned here before? We're taking bets.

I've never been banned, from this or any other site. So, do I get to keep the betting pool?

No worries, I'll probably leave on my own. I have very little free time so it's not like I'd be here for Prius-sized chunks of time anyway. ;)

I was invited to come check the place out. I didn't come to argue, particularly about extremely inconsequential minutia, but to read and share opinions. Perhaps even be entertained by the wit of some others, some of which may actually appreciate my wit as well. Bottom line, I'd rather have fun, make fun, or find some way to laugh and enjoy what little free time I have to spend. That's far more enjoyable and far less boring than nagging, bitching and arguing. If you choose to be the judge, jury, and executioner and ban me from this board, for legitimate reasons or not, that's entirely up to you and out of my control. It's an internet message board...nobody is curing cancer or solving world problems here. We have but one thing in common, the Rams. Enjoy your day! Go Rams!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'd rather have fun, make fun, or find some way to laugh and enjoy what little free time I have to spend. That's far more enjoyable and far less boring than nagging, bitching and arguing.

You've made our point perfectly. (y)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I agree with everything the mods have said about the goals of the board (what a shock, right lol). Where I'm still confused is where all the negativity is actually at. Outside of a couple of early threads, one of which is the thread designed for venting, I haven't seen rampant negativity. I've seen a lot of head scratching, a lot of questions about the direction of the team, lots of questioning of coaching but outside of a couple f-bombs and weird hatred of the media I actually think we're doing a damn good job here on the forum keeping it about respect and football when there certainly big reasons for disappointment or concerns. I'm not posting this as a counter to what anyone has said, or as even something meant to get a reply. Just as a vote of support and appreciation for the members here.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I agree with everything the mods have said about the goals of the board (what a shock, right lol). Where I'm still confused is where all the negativity is actually at. Outside of a couple of early threads, one of which is the thread designed for venting, I haven't seen rampant negativity. I've seen a lot of head scratching, a lot of questions about the direction of the team, lots of questioning of coaching but outside of a couple f-bombs and weird hatred of the media I actually think we're doing a damn good job here on the forum keeping it about respect and football when there certainly big reasons for disappointment or concerns. I'm not posting this as a counter to what anyone has said, or as even something meant to get a reply. Just as a vote of support and appreciation for the members here.

100% agree
this thing needs to be locked like yesterday

Aside from a few trolls, i think this place is about as good as you can ever get it - don't see where the issue is.

Everyone involved with this site needs to pat themselves on the back and take more pride in the great accomplishment of this board.

I mean - dude - i haven't ever made a road trip like I did with you guys. I normally stay home. I am a hermit - i've lived all the wild shit already. I like to stay where I am at. But yet I had one of the greatest trips in my life and it was because of this place and what it stands for.

Can't wait to get back to winning to we don't have to see these sorts of threads anymore.

* And I truly hope that the mods respect those of us with a different degree of passion - it's not cool to see peoples posts mocked like I saw today in the Isaiah Pead thread, where some had voiced their passionate view points only to see "memes" or what not create to seemingly mock their reaction. I mean -X- was the one that invited me here from Rams Stalk -- but I wasn't in on the ground floor of it's development. Why am I wrong for seeing this site as a great site where everyone treats each other well?

And why am I somehow wrong for seeing the participants as being great people?

I mean, I have different viewpoints and different way of reacting - all of us do. Some rage a bit more and throw shite at the TV (me) some have better was of compartmentalizing the sport. But it doesn't mean that those of us who can't just shake an uninspired performance off as easily as some of you mods, doesn't mean we don't have a life. I always thought the board was about treating each other well. But if a transient player like Chris Long wants to tweet or whatever about how I should cheer for my team then I don't see why some of us can't address that with whatever degree of passion we see fit.

You need to make that a point of this board - no personally trashing players if that is the thing that is offending a really really really select few

Anyway - hope I'm around tomorrow :)

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
100% agree
this thing needs to be locked like yesterday

Aside from a few trolls, i think this place is about as good as you can ever get it - don't see where the issue is.

Everyone involved with this site needs to pat themselves on the back and take more pride in the great accomplishment of this board.

I mean - dude - i haven't ever made a road trip like I did with you guys. I normally stay home. I am a hermit - i've lived all the wild crap already. I like to stay where I am at. But yet I had one of the greatest trips in my life and it was because of this place and what it stands for.

Can't wait to get back to winning to we don't have to see these sorts of threads anymore.

* And I truly hope that the mods respect those of us with a different degree of passion - it's not cool to see peoples posts mocked like I saw today in the Isaiah Pead thread, where some had voiced their passionate view points only to see "memes" or what not create to seemingly mock their reaction. I mean -X- was the one that invited me here from Rams Stalk -- but I wasn't in on the ground floor of it's development. Why am I wrong for seeing this site as a great site where everyone treats each other well?

And why am I somehow wrong for seeing the participants as being great people?

I mean, I have different viewpoints and different way of reacting - all of us do. Some rage a bit more and throw shite at the TV (me) some have better was of compartmentalizing the sport. But it doesn't mean that those of us who can't just shake an uninspired performance off as easily as some of you mods, doesn't mean we don't have a life. I always thought the board was about treating each other well. But if a transient player like Chris Long wants to tweet or whatever about how I should cheer for my team then I don't see why some of us can't address that with whatever degree of passion we see fit.

You need to make that a point of this board - no personally trashing players if that is the thing that is offending a really really really select few

I'm really glad it didn't get locked.
Nothing good would have come from it.
We've had a civil discussion about conduct.
Who has this hurt?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
As far as I'm concerned. Just remember our mantra, "Attack the argument, not the one making it." ;)

I'll keep that in mind. I have better alternatives to unload my frustrations and aggression. Puck drop is at 8:55 tonight. It's cheaper than therapy and whole lot more fun! ;)(y)

Hasta la vista...

PhxRam

"Pead sucks balls and Fisher is an idiot for keeping that piece of crap around."
"Pead hasn't demonstrated the ability to take the next step, despite his talents. One has to wonder why Fisher would keep him around given his lack of production. Thoughts?"

I could argue either one.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
OMG....yes I am SICK of all the whining. ROD hasn't been working on my computer for months now and Ive been stuck posting at TST....lets just say I am unbelievably happy to be back
Wish we felt the same way about your return.....Jkjk. Knew something was missing around here. Glad to have you back man!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The only thing I can say is that it is likely because we try to catch them early and you may not see them before they are gone. I posted a couple that in many cases I would have simply deleted the entire post for the violation. I know others have done so as well. We also try to read every post. So if we are talking about it behind the scenes, there is generally a reason. The goals you agree with don't come by accident and every now and then, there almost has to be this kind of discussion.

@Dieter the Brock _ I almost locked this thread yesterday - so yeah, I feel yuh. To be straight though, we have made the conduct and the trashing of players, coaches, front office, or anyone currently in this organization a point of this board on numerous occasions. It is also #7 of the Terms and Conditions listed below:
7. Respect. This is a St Louis Rams FAN FORUM. Please keep this in mind when posting. Gratuitous bashing of the Rams or Front Office just for the sake of bashing, may result in a temporary ban. Repeat offenders will be permanently banned. You may petition a ban, but keep in mind the rights of ROD Admin regarding its membership (rule 1).

• There are numerous boards on which you may make an ass of yourself talking smack about The Rams. This is not one of those boards. Please go to STL Today for that ridiculous nonsense.
  • Individuals seeking to instigate an argument (AKA Trolls) will be reviewed and their status in the forum assessed. Your reply to these arguments could also be assessed. All disruptive influences are subject to permanent suspension. Just report the offending post/poster.
You better be. :cool:
I mean - dude - i haven't ever made a road trip like I did with you guys. I normally stay home. I am a hermit - i've lived all the wild crap already. I like to stay where I am at. But yet I had one of the greatest trips in my life and it was because of this place and what it stands for.
BTW - My dad was talking about you the other day. He got such a huge kick out of meeting everyone but he mentioned you and your kid and of course talking to you about long horns. Apparently you have a fan. :D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Those who refer to themselves as "realists" and imply that the rest of us aren't crack me up. A realist's wife asks him, "Honey, am I getting fat?" He says to her, "Getting fat? You've been fat for a long time and you're ugly too. Sorry, I'm just keeping it real." He'll be sleeping alone tonight I guarantee.

There's a way to express oneself without cutting someone else off at the knees. It takes some effort but it can be done. Implying that a coach, player, or owner is a loser, a failure, not giving a full effort, etc., is not "keeping it real," it's bad manners and lazy thinking.

English is my second language, German being my first. :)

Mine's sarcasm........ :ROFLMAO:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some other places (Facebook) have guys nearly jumping out of 100 story building windows like the 1929 stock market crash with every loss!
And I'm in the minority, but I really respect coach Fisher. After winning 6 games and losing 42 in a three year stretch, I like the Fisher era.
Go Rams!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Evereybody copes differenty. Some of us act out, some get introspective. We all are ROD brothers though and I know we all know that. Sometimes people need to mind their manners more and sometimes we need give each other space.

We ain't wrong we're just different and our pride won't let us do things to make you think we're right. - ROD Willie

This has been a good thread.

We all are just so passionate about our team. @Legatron4 had a metaphor about us all impregnating the same woman. That's more or less the case in a way.

Go Rams!