Anyone getting sick of all the whining?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
As for me...I was spoiled by the GSOT.

There's a saying...defense wins championships...but your offense still has to score points to win that title.

The lack of offense, or even some kind of offensive game plan by Fisher's staff is pathetic.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As for me...I was spoiled by the GSOT.

There's a saying...defense wins championships...but your offense still has to score points to win that title.

The lack of offense, or even some kind of offensive game plan by Fisher's staff is pathetic.
Admit it. You whined when they lost to Detroit on a 4th and 21 play in 1999.
Don't lie.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
We are. It's just that there are so many it seems like whining.

Bull. I'm reading things about coach speak, conspiracy theories, trying to make problems that aren't really there, complaints about twitter comments (REALLY?) and press conferences.

Let's be real. The only problem is offensive execution. That's the only problem I see and believe can be fixed. Whether they will or not is a different story.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Bull. I'm reading things about coach speak, conspiracy theories, trying to make problems that aren't really there, complaints about twitter comments (REALLY?) and press conferences.

Let's be real. The only problem is offensive execution. That's the only problem I see and believe can be fixed. Whether they will or not is a different story.

And you're reading these theories all over the board, or in just a few posts in a couple of threads? What theories are you really seeing put forth in more than a post or two? That Fisher's job is safe due to relocation? That seems more like a likelihood given the logistics and disruption of any movement. Hardly a crackpot theory.
In fact the overwhelming amount of posts I've seen is honest criticism. I myself don't require 24/7 optimism to love this team.

If you don't like the way someone is posting or what they have to say ignore them or skim over. Don't expect someone else to tailor what they have to say around your preferences. As long as they aren't being disrespectful.

RamsFan14

Starter
This season is so far from over.
We're the youngest team facing a tough schedule. New offense, new players... .

Trust me man, I used to be very positive and say stuff like that all the time... Unfortunately I feel like we say stuff like this too often and what have been the results? Nothing.. It's been a LONG time since we've been anywhere near above average. Stuff like what you said is true and all, but man that's been said for YEARS! It's gotten difficult to keep saying the same thing over and over because we've found ways not to win games and it just makes it frustrating since we are hopeful for the team.. I'm not trying to encourage the complaining by any means, but I def understand why fans are annoyed/tired/grumpy or w/e you want to call it. Very tough to stay positive :( but hey man, winning can cure this!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not sick of the whining. Honestly don't think there is a lot. I am sick of people telling me to be patient and sick of watching the same mistakes being made over and over week after week year after year.

I don't expect perfection every week or wins every week, that is unrealistic. But I expect improvements, hard nosed, entertaining football. I know they are all human....I get that. But if my performance was like this the last 4 years I would be on notice at work. I do think it's fair to criticize the consistent mediocrity. I think it's fair to expect more.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I never get sick of winning, it's the decade of losing I am a bit tired of.
OH sorry you said whining.
Nevermind

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Yes. I'm tired of the whining. Which is why I've avoided posting much (or even reading much) since Sunday's game.

fearsomefr

UDFA
Name
JP
It'll never be perfect of course.
It bothers me when guys never want to hear any honest talk. Guys talking about their team like they are contenders when they are 3-10 is just as irritating to me.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I don't really see much whining on here to be honest. Are there people who whine in the GDT? Sure, but you know what I do when someone is going over the top on here? I just move past it. This franchise has been absolutely terrible for a long time. They are a laughing stock with other fans everywhere else. I don't see it as much as whining. I see pent up frustration because this team continually does the SAME things over and over. People are tired of it. Frankly, I am too. We are tired of hearing the same things from the players, coaches, and other fans. "It's only week 3, the season isn't over yet." How many times have we heard this? Every season. Go back to seasons past and you'll see the same complaints about this team. Nothing has changed. All we want is a team who will CONSTANTLY make good plays. This team can't. We have not even been above .500 in a decade. All of the comments on this board are well deserved. Do some people let too much emotion go into some of their posts? Yes, but I have not seen many posts that this team has not earned. This is a good forum and I think people are controlling themselves rather well considering this team we have.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let's be clear, I'm sick of the losing too.

I'm not making excuses for the Rams.

That said, repetition is obnoxious. When some poster feels like they need to remind everyone of something over and over, it's going to get old. And it does.

I also think that week 2 was a little early to be calling the season a failure, calling for our coaches head, etc.

It's my fault I find that crap so annoying, but I do.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Let's be clear, I'm sick of the losing too.

I'm not making excuses for the Rams.

That said, repetition is obnoxious. When some poster feels like they need to remind everyone of something over and over, it's going to get old. And it does.

I also think that week 2 was a little early to be calling the season a failure, calling for our coaches head, etc.

It's my fault I find that crap so annoying, but I do.

Technically it is too early after week 2 to be saying the season is over. But with years of this being a trend, people are going to assume it is going to happen again. This is not a random occurrence from a good team, this is a trend. Until they show us they've changed, fans are going to react this way. I can't really blame them honestly. I thought the Rams had turned the corner after week one's victory. I was sadly disappointed again lol.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think the big reason the optimism has dimmed is that this season feels different. Before we could point to the QB or Schotty and say, "well, that's why." Now, there's nothing to point to. There's no more "just you wait until _____ happens."

And of course the fear that if the Rams don't make the playoffs this year the team will go and that will be it. Until this gets resolved EVERYTHING will get filtered through that lens.

jds10011

UDFA
Name
jds10011
Anyone sick of the cheerleading?

I agree that this forum seems better than most others, and if someone is irritated by what he or she considers 'whining', the easiest solution is for that person to skip over the post or thread. Similar to how I get sick of the PollyAnna cheerleaders who seem out of touch with reality, who try to impose their blind dogmatic definition of what it means to be a 'fan' of a sports team, but I try to skip over most of those posts. Most... not all.

jds10011

UDFA
Name
jds10011
Attendance at games will have no more impact on the relocation decision than comments in fan forums. That ship sailed, and Stan K has already made his position very clear, irrespective of the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
And you're reading these theories all over the board, or in just a few posts in a couple of threads? What theories are you really seeing put forth in more than a post or two? That Fisher's job is safe due to relocation? That seems more like a likelihood given the logistics and disruption of any movement. Hardly a crackpot theory.
In fact the overwhelming amount of posts I've seen is honest criticism. I myself don't require 24/7 optimism to love this team.

If you don't like the way someone is posting or what they have to say ignore them or skim over. Don't expect someone else to tailor what they have to say around your preferences. As long as they aren't being disrespectful.

All over.

I don't see the point in hating on Chris Long and Janoris Jenkins for twitter comments. Especially Janoris, letting people know he's OK. THE FUCKIN HORROR.

I don't get the sense of entitlement people have when demanding Jeff Fisher for an explanation for Brian Quick, then throw a fit when he doesn't.

I don't buy for one second that all this is due to relocation. These are on field issues and those are the only ones I care about.

And please, don't tell me how to use the ignore function. I know what it is and how to use it. Finally, they don't have to tailor around my preferences, but they DO have to tailor to this board's preferences.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I agree that this forum seems better than most others, and if someone is irritated by what he or she considers 'whining', the easiest solution is for that person to skip over the post or thread.

Mods don't have that option. Maybe one of us should have started this thread.

Btw what I'm personally sick of is members ignoring what we ask them not to do, which isn't a whole lot to ask; don't discuss possible relocation of the team because it causes division and unnecessary tension in the membership over an event that may or may not happen.

Go over to Rams Talk instead and duke it out with them over this topic. Over half of their threads are about that. It's not like Rams fans don't have anywhere else to discuss this.

Similar to how I get sick of the PollyAnna cheerleaders who seem out of touch with reality, who try to impose their blind dogmatic definition of what it means to be a 'fan' of a sports team, but I try to skip over most of those posts. Most... not all.

I'm one of those "PollyAnna cheerleaders" you are referring to. I've been cheering on this team since I was a boy and now I'm older than most of you. Don't anyone imply that I'm not as passionate or invested in the Rams as the rest of you because that would be foolish.

It's my nature to try to steer people over to the light no matter how dark things look. I damn sure am grounded in reality but choose not to dwell on the negative because it does no good whatsoever to continually whine and complain about things we have absolutely no control over. Don't ever think that the mods aren't as ticked off as the rest of you after a loss but we choose to exercise some self-control.

What members who have never been moderators might not understand is that we are more concerned about the ROD community than our own individual opinions. That's what our decision making is based on and that's why we sometimes scold members who are more interested in venting at the team and one another instead of keeping the peace whenever possible.

SixthGauge

UDFA
Name
Andrew
We're the youngest team facing a tough schedule. New offense, new players...

Just curious, do you put a lot of credence into the youngest team stat? It takes in to account the entire 53 man roster, and we're about 3 months younger on average than the Packers (who are the 3rd youngest team). The Bears, for example, are right in the middle and the Falcons are the 3rd oldest team. Take a look at the [list] and tell me if you can find a correlation, because I honestly can't.

Our 2012 draft class are in the last year of their rookie contracts, and we're not going to be able to sign them all. So 2016 will bring more new players- chances are you're going to have new players starting every year, that's just the NFL.

Maybe it's time to call a spade a spade with this offense. Maybe they just are who they are.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fine, lets make it mandatory that every time Fisher talks to the media, every fucking poster here can act like it's the first time they've ever heard coachspeak....
Which line would that be?
Do tell.
The first one here. Don't get me wrong. I like the vein of what you said in starting this thread and I'll address several other posts in a mega post. But I think you took a bad turn here. I have to agree with blue4. I agree with what you were getting at in creating this thread though.