Anti-vent thread Rams v Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Sorry, that was on me. I was merging posts into and accidentally deleted it.

It's back up.
giphy.gif

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
You guy's are fast . Great game for the offense. Bad 3rd down defense. You all covered everything else. Just wanted to be part of the conversation.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Groh has has an obvious influence on our game plan and it seems to be a good thing.

Regarding the Keenum int, it was a very similar throw to the one he threw to Tavon at the end of the 2nd quarter in the red zone. Tavon had a split second he was open but had 3 defenders right on him - still Case fired it in there.

That was one play where the yellow flag actually went our way as TA took a head to head hit.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I like everything you said except for this. The entire reason why Keenum is playing is because he's supposed to be the vet. He's been in the league for 5 years now, how do we say he's basically a rookie? Why would we be trying to develop Case instead of Goff?

I just meant actual game experience he's within his first 16 games of starting. Nothing beats actually playing. Which I realize is also the argument for playing Goff.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Britt has 492 yards and is on pace for 1300+. That is some awesome crazy shit. Him and Quick make a great duo. Can't wait till Copper or Spruce get some real playtime in the slot. WIll open things up even more.

Gurley looked nice today, wish he had a few more carries. Looking really good in the passing game.

Groh seems like a really great hire. Play calling has been good for the most part. Though that run up the middle at the end of the first half was not that good. Blocking wasn't good either but I didn't like that play call.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I just meant actual game experience he's within his first 16 games of starting. Nothing beats actually playing. Which I realize is also the argument for playing Goff.

He has 20 games started, 21 played, I think he's played enough to show us what his ceiling is. It's a good height, but not high enough, and certainly not as high as Goff.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
So is there not gonna be a press conference at all since they're leaving for London? Or do we still get one

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So is there not gonna be a press conference at all since they're leaving for London? Or do we still get one
I'll keep an eye out for one.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
He has 20 games started, 21 played, I think he's played enough to show us what his ceiling is. It's a good height, but not high enough, and certainly not as high as Goff.

Ok. Fine. He has 20 games started. Point is he's getting better and this is maybe his best game. It's an anti-vent thread so I'm happy to see progress.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You're probably right, but if this is his ceiling (e.g., the best he can do), then we should extend him for 15 years.
THIS is the guy I want backing up my QB forever.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always sad to lose a close game, but there were plenty of positives. Hopefully the defence will be back up to scratch next week and we'll get a win in the best city in the world.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Always sad to lose a close game, but there were plenty of positives. Hopefully the defence will be back up to scratch next week and we'll get a win in the best city in the world.
Rams aren't playing in Asheville North Carolina next week.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
We are consistently inconsistent, if and when we become consistent we have a lot to work with.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Do vent threads need to be banned? Thats a negative approach. We probably need more anti vent threads. We need solutions no more problems. From what I saw the O was fire. The D just needs to be on that same level going into every single game. We need a lot of tweaking. But from this point in time we need the positive results. Obviously the bickering doesnt merit that leap to success.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Do vent threads need to be banned? Thats a negative approach. We probably need more anti vent threads. We need solutions no more problems. From what I saw the O was fire. The D just needs to be on that same level going into every single game. We need a lot of tweaking. But from this point in time we need the positive results. Obviously the bickering doesnt merit that leap to success.
It's a tradition to put up a vent thread so that there aren't 50 threads on the front page with individual vents as the thread titles. Works well for us. Plus there's a 24 hour rule on those and then they're locked. I will, however, be making the Anti-Vent a new tradition as well. There may be a game down the road where we lose 30-3, and there won't be much to praise, but I'm gonna do it anyway. I like constructive criticism and level-headedness much more than reading about how we need to nuke everyone and start over (which is never an option anyway).

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
It's a tradition to put up a vent thread so that there aren't 50 threads on the front page with individual vents as the thread titles. Works well for us. Plus there's a 24 hour rule on those and then they're locked. I will, however, be making the Anti-Vent a new tradition as well. There may be a game down the road where we lose 30-3, and there won't be much to praise, but I'm gonna do it anyway. I like constructive criticism and level-headedness much more than reading about how we need to nuke everyone and start over (which is never an option anyway).
I like it. Can complain and praise at the same time. Nice counter balance to keep me from letting the dark side take over and joining the Sith.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap

I like this. There was way too much positive in this game to walk away totally disappointed. NFL is so balanced. By my quick count there are going to be at least 20 teams within a game of .500 after this week. Too much of this season still to play out to be all negative. Good job @-X-

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
As an FYI, the team is currently waiting to leave the stadium and head to the airport. They fly straight to London from DTW. Going to be a long flight, with lots of sore, stiff, angry players getting off the plane in the early London AM.