Anti-vent thread Rams v Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As an FYI, the team is currently waiting to leave the stadium and head to the airport. They fly straight to London from DTW. Going to be a long flight, with lots of sore, stiff, angry players getting off the plane in the early London AM.
I imagine Fisher and Williams will use all 10 hours of that flight to rip some new orifices.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I imagine Fisher and Williams will use all 10 hours of that flight to rip some new orifices.

I imagine some of those English blokes will be giving them some of that England spirit.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I imagine some of those English blokes will be giving them some of that England spirit.
236086-some-of-the-english-blokes-staying-with-us-at-the-hostal--san-sebastian-spain.jpg

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
disappointing loss in back 2 back weeks, but on the plus side we are still in great position to take the division.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I really thought it was a good game. I couldn't say it on the vent thread, But it was a good loss. Sucks they couldn't finish with a win, but I thought they looked pretty damn good. Until London my friends! Peace!

Damn wish I could be this chill after a tough loss like this haha. Props to you man.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They need another top pass rusher on the edge to cover for injury and to rotate on both sides.

They also need better corner depth. Those two things would make an enormous difference.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
This is a good thread, X. It should be continued. We need more positive vibes before this turns into "rams talk". Ha.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That's a great point, and I was thinking that same exact thing during the game.
The same. exact. thing.
I thought to myself, "Self, maybe it's time they keyed on fundamentally sound football players in the draft now."

Actually, I think the move toward players like Havenstein was very much to mitigate development issues. Because...they aren't as good at development as they think.

Wentz was Havenstein, Goff...GRob. It's not really arguable that Goff has the higher upside, but is much more raw. So now, the ultimate question isn't where the ceiling is...but...can you develop that player to convert that potential? And we're talking about Fisher...not Mike McCarthy...or Josh McDaniel...or Jim Bob Cooter...or...you get the idea.

When it came to the QB question, Fisher...and I say Fisher not Snisher... was still in GRob mode...under the delusion that he had the skillz to develop a pure passer QB.

Now is this a Goff/Wentz commentary? No. Goff is our QB of the future. Keenum's our QB for now. What this is is a commentary about Fisher and how he's not nearly as self aware as he needs to be to be successful.

If we were going to stick with Fisher indefinitely, they shoulda taken Wentz. Period...cuz...well, does anyone need to see anything more about his development of offensive personnel?

However, if we can get a new coaching regime that CAN develop offensive personnel, then I'm downright excited about Goff and his potential.

However, you'll forgive me if the pairing of Fisher and Goff leave me less than excited... NOT because I don't have faith in Goff. I do...just like I did in Bradford. But, I DO NOT have faith in Fisher, specifically that outside of a few positions, he simply does not develop players, nor establish a coherent team philosophy nor consistent team play. Not from unit to unit or even week to week...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The offense seems to be finding it's identity.
I really like how many players have been contributing. Case has been doing a great job spreading the ball around.
Boris and Groh are on the right track it seems.

I like that Fisher likes to take chances, I just wish it wouldn't be in FG range in a close game. Take the 3 points at the half and get the ball back to start the half. We were moving the ball well, no reason we have to play like we may not be in the redzone again. Maybe Fisher had his fill on FG'S In the redzone last week

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
Just briefly saw the highlights and it looked like Tavon may have been 1 on 1 on that final throw where it got picked. Throw that baby up and let our fastest guy run under it maybe!? There could have been a super deep safety though like I said just saw brief highlight

fearsomefour

Legend
Maybe switch GRob and Saffold now?
If I were to do anything on the line, it would be that.
Only problem with that, is Saffold tends to get hurt at LT a lot.
I would not move Grob to G.
The issues he has, lunging and losing balance, would be even more of a liability inside. At least at T pass blocking he can se up inside and direct them around him.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Amazing how I went out to work on my truck for 3 hours and came back in feeling so much better. Kudos to Keenum, Britt, Quick, Gurley, Austin, the O-Line, and Boras play calling for 99% of game. Defense not so much. Onto London chaps. Cheerio.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think If our "D" so banged-up, Missing Quinn and Tru, and Brockers hurt again, this game could have been WON this game easily!
Get everyone back and the Rams well Rock the World! I know , My Bias is showing!:D:rolllaugh:

Last edited:

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who would have thought it the Anti-vent thread is out posting the vent thread. Great Idea @X

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Did Brockers play many snaps?

The offense played very well and the receivers were balling hard. The O-line needs to toughen up. They are playing soft on running plays. If our D-line can get healthy again, and we get Tru back, this should be a very good team. Oh...and Case looked like a real starting caliber QB out there.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's a tradition to put up a vent thread so that there aren't 50 threads on the front page with individual vents as the thread titles. Works well for us. Plus there's a 24 hour rule on those and then they're locked. I will, however, be making the Anti-Vent a new tradition as well. There may be a game down the road where we lose 30-3, and there won't be much to praise, but I'm gonna do it anyway. I like constructive criticism and level-headedness much more than reading about how we need to nuke everyone and start over (which is never an option anyway).
:love::cheers::nice::yess::yay::bow::rockon: