Anti-vent thread Rams v Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Play calling was good.

Only 14 or so rushes for Gurley.
Keenum had 5 incompletions, played well.
But, when they score the D struggles, when the D is good the O struggles.
That probably puts a cap on trying to put together a big season. More than likely the year is over if a rookie QB plays.
Grob is a terrible LT.
Just couldn't do it, sorry.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Panthers about to drop to 1-5. Man Breez had a helluva game. He doesn't seem to age.
Eagles drop a second one to the Redskins.
WTF, Pittsburgh?
WTF, Cincinnati?

FRO

Legend
Agree. Let's hope it doesn't get 2011 bad.
Maybe Al Harris is still in game shape.
In fact, I'll bet he is. Dude was ripped at his age.
He actually played pretty well, just got hurt almost immediately. Losing Jenkins was huge. Guy was a very good CB. Compound that with Johnson going down, it's nearly impossible to replace that. I know it's not a vent thread, but the Rams blew it in free agency by going after Sensabaugh over better free agent options. Now you are in a tough spot.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Grob is a terrible LT.
Just couldn't do it, sorry.
That's fine. I don't disagree. At least you didn't call him an asshole or moron.
That's really what I'm trying to avoid in this thread.

That said, I didn't key on him. We know he had some penalties, but did he get blown up otherwise?

FRO

Legend
Panthers about to drop to 1-5. Man Breez had a helluva game. He doesn't seem to age.
Eagles drop a second one to the Redskins.
WTF, Pittsburgh?
WTF, Cincinnati?
It's why they play the games. The Steelers lost to one of the worst teams in the league.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Was it play calling , or was it the fact that the receiver's actually caught the ball today

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know it's not a vent thread, but the Rams blew it in free agency by going after Sensabaugh over better free agent options. Now you are in a tough spot.
That's not a vent, because it wasn't accompanied with "Fisher is a moron". Yes, Sensabaugh was a bad choice. I'm wondering what it is they saw in him to commit to him long-term only to release him so soon. Was it just his speed and athleticism? I can't believe that they didn't see some sort of issue with his coverage skills or FBI (football intelligence). But oh well, live and learn. Had to try something. Tru and Gaines as our corners, with Joyner is a good secondary. Depth is clearly an issue, but that might be an issue for all teams. I dunno.

FRO

Legend
What's going on with the run game? That's the biggest surprise to me. I expected the defense to take a small step back. Thought the run game would improve with the line going into its second year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Also, I'm REALLY happy that Buffalo destroyed SF today.
I want that team to experience zero success this year.
ZERO.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That's fine. I don't disagree. At least you didn't call him an icehole or moron.

That said, I didn't key on him. We know he had some penalties, but did he get blown up otherwise?

I didn't watch him too close but some of those penalties called against him were on the line between non-existent and extremely ticky-tacky...
As for his blocking I thought he was OK. Some great blocks in the run game, but always when Gurley went right....

As much as our D struggled without Tru and Quinn, it was a TERRIBLY called game by the Refs that cost us this win.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What's going on with the run game? That's the biggest surprise to me. I expected the defense to take a small step back. Thought the run game would improve with the line going into its second year.
Good question. Had some early success, but they almost abandoned it when they saw how easy it was to pass.
Maybe this is just one of those times that having Gurley opened up the passing game?
That said, Benny got a few more snaps than usual. It's intriguing.

FRO

Legend
That's not a vent, because it wasn't accompanied with "Fisher is a moron". Yes, Sensabaugh was a bad choice. I'm wondering what it is they saw in him to commit to him long-term only to release him so soon. Was it just his speed and athleticism? I can't believe that they didn't see some sort of issue with his coverage skills or FBI (football intelligence). But oh well, live and learn. Had to try something. Tru and Gaines as our corners, with Joyner is a good secondary. Depth is clearly an issue, but that might be an issue for all teams. I dunno.
The Rams can get a little cocky with their ability to develop. They draft high upside raw guys because they really believe in their ability to develop players. My sense is they know Sensabaugh has great physical skills, they thought they could get more out of him than what they got. Some guys are better athletes than players.

I felt counting on Gaines was a gamble. Then again had Sensabaugh panned out you have a solid trio of CBs on paper. It's nearly impossible to be deep at every position.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Britt was a beast. He looked like he did with the Titans before injuries derailed him. Hes always had the talent. Im guessing Holt is the last 1000 yard WR we had? Britt should hit that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Case played one hell of a game.... minus that last pass into major coverage. He managed to recover his own fumble on a great defensive play in a pile of guys WAY bigger than him.

Britt was a total beast and Quick was right behind him.

The refs fucking jobbed us on multiple plays.

I'm gonna now switch from beer to rum.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Agree. Let's hope it doesn't get 2011 bad.
Maybe Al Harris is still in game shape.
In fact, I'll bet he is. Dude was ripped at his age.

That's why I proposed Cromartie. I think with a good defense around him he'd be a more stable option.

FRO

Legend
Good question. Had some early success, but they almost abandoned it when they saw how easy it was to pass.
Maybe this is just one of those times that having Gurley opened up the passing game?
That said, Benny got a few more snaps than usual. It's intriguing.
I understand why they abandoned it this week, they couldn't stop the pass so you keep with what's working. On the season overall I'm just lost on why the run game has been a failure. Is it scheme, is Gurley having a sophomore slump, or is the line just not that good?

fearsomefour

Legend
That's fine. I don't disagree. At least you didn't call him an icehole or moron.

I watch him a lot because he has tons of raw whatever. He is routinely beat around the corner. He lunges and plays with bad balance.....nose over toes.
He is frustrating. He has gotten better at holding. I say that not as a joke but as a real skill. Every lineman holds and he hides much better than before.
I see a guy who has no balance and bad technique but is of course athletic.
Grob is actually the biggest reason I have stayed off of the play Goff now train. Holding the ball won't work.
How he not given up a ton of sacks....besides the ball coming out quickly....is beyond me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rams can get a little cocky with their ability to develop. They draft high upside raw guys because they really believe in their ability to develop players.
That's a great point, and I was thinking that same exact thing during the game.
The same. exact. thing.
I thought to myself, "Self, maybe it's time they keyed on fundamentally sound football players in the draft now."

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's amazing how well Britt, Quick, Austin and Kendricks are playing. Case played a damned good game but he owes those four for a lot of his success and not just today. Quick in particular I mentioned in the GDT he's great at catching in traffic and I don't think he goes down on first contact often at all.

That INT was just ill advised the threw into triple coverage both safeties were there. We won't know yet how the other WR's were covered but he's gotta be smarter with the ball there than he was. Other than that he was great today.

OLine did pretty darned good, it's frustrating how many BS calls go against GRob. And Brown was good today too that was very nice to see.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Britt was fantastic, Gurley looked like he was back to his old self. Everything on offense was working....until the end of the fourth.