Anti-vent thread Rams v Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I watch him a lot because he has tons of raw whatever. He is routinely beat around the corner. He lunges and plays with bad balance.....nose over toes.
He is frustrating. He has gotten better at holding. I say that not as a joke but as a real skill. Every lineman holds and he hides much better than before.
I see a guy who has no balance and bad technique but is of course athletic.
Grob is actually the biggest reason I have stayed off of the play Goff now train. Holding the ball won't work.
How he not given up a ton of sacks....besides the ball coming out quickly....is beyond me.
Maybe switch GRob and Saffold now?
If I were to do anything on the line, it would be that.
Only problem with that, is Saffold tends to get hurt at LT a lot.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
. Case had a phenomenal game. That last pass that resulted in a pick was a 50/50 play, but I guess it was ill-advised considering it was such tight coverage. I'm guessing (since I can't rewind it) that the Lions were taking away the sidelines.

Looks like Tavon is where the ball should have gone.Wouldn't call it a 50/50 ball.
they had the receiver bracketed with two defenders.Just a poor decision.
Anyway here is a link if you want to see it again.
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/detroit-lions/0ap3000000721730/Case-Keenum-intercepted-by-Rafael-Bush

FRO

Legend
That's why I proposed Cromartie. I think with a good defense around him he'd be a more stable option.
When you aren't good enough to play defense on the Colts, then you must be horrible. I just think it's too late in the game to add contributing players. You just have to hope the young guys step up and improve. The Rams play a lot of zone and most of the problems had to do with unawareness. Maybe more playing time will help build that awareness.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Was it play calling , or was it the fact that the receiver's actually caught the ball today

I think it was both. WRs have stepped up big time this year and Boras actually seemed to have a good day calling plays. Alot less horizontal offense lol.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The team really needs a pass rush. I understand Robert Quinn is out, and Aaron Donald can't do it all himself. William Hayes is just...there. Really need another pass rushing DE on the other side, and I am missing Chris Long on that side.

Defense is also getting exposed in the whole "bend but don't break" shtick. It happened last year too, giving up tons of yards but preventing TDs. That caught up to them last couple weeks.

Bottom line, the strength of the team is no longer until they show otherwise.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

FRO

Legend
Maybe switch GRob and Saffold now?
If I were to do anything on the line, it would be that.
Only problem with that, is Saffold tends to get hurt at LT a lot.
I think you're better off rolling with what you have instead of doing changes mid season. If it doesn't improve you'll have to move Robinson to OG and find another LT, which is easier said than done.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think you're better off rolling with what you have instead of doing changes mid season. If it doesn't improve you'll have to move Robinson to OG and find another LT, which is easier said than done.
I'd normally agree (about not making changes), but both are fairly well versed in each other's positions.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Looks like Tavon is where the ball should have gone.Wouldn't call it a 50/50 ball.
they had the receiver bracketed with two defenders.Just a poor decision.
Anyway here is a link if you want to see it again.
View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/detroit-lions/0ap3000000721730/Case-Keenum-intercepted-by-Rafael-Bush

The safety would likely roll towards Austin and you likely get the same result, with Kendricks seemingly open instead. Good coverage, probably better off if the ball was checked down or thrown away, but with how well Keenum had been playing up to that point, I don't blame him for trusting his arm there. It's a ball he wants back, no doubt.

FRO

Legend
I'd normally agree (about not making changes), but both are fairly well versed in each other's positions.
There is a reason Saffold isn't still playing LT anymore. I think you're better off hoping Robinson finally gets it. Robinson was one of those raw draft picks. He was drafted as a redshirt sophomore. Had he stayed in school the remaining time period he would just now be a rookie. I think you let him finish the year and hope for improvement.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I think we have some good players on the OL I think we just need to re-evaluate certain plays/scheme type things. We've showed we can do some good stuff when we get going.

To me next year's draft is gonna be back to the defense. Our depth isn't what it has been once previous years. Could use another good D tackle or D end and definitely some help in the secondary.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There is a reason Saffold isn't still playing LT anymore. I think you're better off hoping Robinson finally gets it. Robinson was one of those raw draft picks. He was drafted as a redshirt sophomore. Had he stayed in school the remaining time period he would just now be a rookie. I think you let him finish the year and hope for improvement.
Works for me too, I guess.
Like I said, I didn't key on him in this game anyway. For all I know, he might have done plenty, and the criticism is unwarranted.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Is it just me or did the normal Vent thread disappear?

markstewart67

Rookie
I really thought it was a good game. I couldn't say it on the vent thread, But it was a good loss. Sucks they couldn't finish with a win, but I thought they looked pretty damn good. Until London my friends! Peace!

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Obviously I hate the fact we lost, but there are so many positives to take out of this game.
  1. Britt had a tremendous game with one of the best catches I've ever seen.
  2. Quick is finally looking like the receive he was pre-injury. It's a long road back from what almost ended his career.
  3. Offensive Line - They played their best game of the year and are opening holes now that were not there earlier in the season. They kept Keenum clean today and with good results.
  4. Keenum is still basically a rookie QB. He's going to make mistakes, but he's learning from them. Give him a chance, he may not be Rogders, but he's better than many give credit for.
  5. Game Calling - This is really only Boras's 6th game with his offense. Last year he was working with Cignetti's. It takes time for everyone to get on the same page.
  6. This season is not lost - Nobody in the NFC is looking like a world beater. We're 3-3 and right in this. We've got a lot of winnable games coming up.
  7. We win this game if the defense is healthy. Tru out, Quinn out, Brockers limited, Hayes limited. Hopefully the experience gained by the back-ups pays dividends down the road.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I think we should take a look at the CB that Carolina cut Bene. He was a decent CB before his last performances in Carolina, we have a record of turning talented DBs into beasts. Letting Janoris walk is really hurting us now, it is what it is at this point but we need help there with Tru down.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
The safety would likely roll towards Austin and you likely get the same result, with Kendricks seemingly open instead. Good coverage, probably better off if the ball was checked down or thrown away, but with how well Keenum had been playing up to that point, I don't blame him for trusting his arm there. It's a ball he wants back, no doubt.
Disagree.But either way didn't work in our favor.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Keenum is still basically a rookie QB. He's going to make mistakes, but he's learning from them. Give him a chance, he may not be Rogders, but he's better than many give credit for.

I like everything you said except for this. The entire reason why Keenum is playing is because he's supposed to be the vet. He's been in the league for 5 years now, how do we say he's basically a rookie? Why would we be trying to develop Case instead of Goff?