Your Seachickens thoughts....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I love the RAMS.

And hate every other team. Just at different levels.

Chikins have their own level and it ain't low.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I assumed he would kick the FG, it was an easy decision in my mind.
Greed will cause you to make bad decisions. He wasn't satisfied with an 8 point lead and leaving it up to the D. Which by the wY had stifled Wilson most of the game. Then, while most of the successful runs were on the left side they went right. To dumb to be a head coach

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a former Seattle resident, I don't hate the Hawks. God knows I even went to some of their games when people in Seattle were calling them the SeaSlugs, back in the early '80s.

Right now their defensive scheme is basically what Staley plays and why teams march up and down the field on them just like against Staley's scheme. The only reason they are in contention is Wilson who is playing at a HOF level. The Hawks don't match up well with the Rams as LA has more talent and more depth across the board on the respective rosters.

The Rams are a better team right now and the only way they lose is by either their own mistakes or more of Wilson's magic of creating plays out of thin air. The key to beating the Hawks is real simple. The Rams must stay aggressive and disciplined throughout the entire game. Wilson's running around is a huge distraction. But the defense must stay disciplined and if they do, you can see the results in the first half of the game tonight.

Staley must stay aggressive throughout the game and not let up even for a series of downs. That is the problem with Staley, as he has a tendency to let up and get complacent. He has two excellent boundary man CBs in Ramsey and Williams. That should allow him to focus an aggressive zone with the LBs and safeties to cover everyone else. The main thing is he needs to bench Hill who really sucks. Once again his complete lack of speed was evident when he was in man coverage on a deep route. The pass was overthrown otherwise it would have been a TD. Hill looked to be at least a full yard behind. QBs are beginning to look for him and throw at him.

The bottom line is that the Rams have the roster to sweep Seattle, as long as they simply play a clean and disciplined game.

Dude, what is your deal with Staley? LOL. If I only read your posts, and knew nothing else about this team, I would think our defense was horrible. Wait, do you work for CNN?
Capture.JPG

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The stupidity of his choice is mind boggling.
He office should have been cleared out by 8 am Monday morning.

IDK, they're defense wasnt stopping Wilson either way. The Rams made a similar decision years ago in Seattle, but we smartly just ran a QB sneak

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
My thoughts on Seattle? Russell Wilson is really really really good, and we better be at our best when we play them. The only good thing about us playing Seattle is that we know them well, and we usually don't let Russell Wilson go off on us too much. He's a damn good quarterback. GO RAMS!!!

Tano

Legend
My thoughts on Seattle? Russell Wilson is really really really good, and we better be at our best when we play them. The only good thing about us playing Seattle is that we know them well, and we usually don't let Russell Wilson go off on us too much. He's a damn good quarterback. GO RAMS!!!
Don't worry - Donald has his number

oldnotdead

Legend
Dude, what is your deal with Staley? LOL. If I only read your posts, and knew nothing else about this team, I would think our defense was horrible. Wait, do you work for CNN?

Staley's defense is soft. He plays not to lose, not to dominate and win. His defense looks better than it is when playing bad teams. It got exposed in Buffalo when it couldn't stop the Bills on their last drive despite being handed multiple opportunities to do so. This is exactly the same issue we had with the O-line last year. Everyone railed about the personnel but I kept saying it was the scheme not the personnel. Well, McConnell changed the blocking scheme and now the o-line is pretty good with the exact same personnel. I'm seeing the exact same thing with Staley's defense. His bend not break, soft zone won't hold up against a good offense. The Bills proved that.

As for your CNN comment, I live in a conservative state but grew up and lived my life in LA, SD, and Seattle so your damn right I'm a progressive, always have been. I hated the Vietnam war but served as a corpsman, with the purple heart to prove it. So yeah I'm proud of it, okay? This team should be all about getting the best out of the players on the roster. Why does he have Ramsey in coverage of the flats? Are you freaking kidding me? Why does he keep playing Hill who is a backup talent?

I've already posted to his credit Staley finally adjusted his defensive front 7 to a more aggressive posture against a weak Washington o-line. He finally understood the need to force the offense to adjust their protection to account for AD by playing a 5 man d-line. I've been saying it all along that if he insists upon playing this scheme he only needs 1 ILB with the other a OLB or DB. He also has on occasion finally moved SJD from a 1T to a 2 or 3 T allowing him to play in a single gap assignment. He has shortened up his zone as well. That said will he now stay with that mentality? I'm not so sure. He's proved over 5 games that he has a tendency to loosen up instead of clamping down and going for the kill. Staley is an extremely conservative DC who plays not to lose instead of using his superior talent to play to dominate and beat the opposing offense.

His "good enough" mentality works against weak opponents but will likely get exposed for what it is against a good opponent. I suggest you go back and look at the defense in the Bills last drive and tell me how good they are. I predicted that in a close game if a good offensive opponent has the last possession, Staley's defense will get shredded as it was against the Bills. I made that prediction long before the Bills game. So go ahead and look at that Bill's last possession and tell me how good Staley's scheme is. It never should have come to that bogus PI at the end of the game. But Staley's scared approach is a loser when it comes to that situation. Staley could have ended that possession early but he backed off and allowed the Bills to march down the field. That is my problem with Staley. Go ahead and review that last possession because I have and it made me sick.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Staley's defense is soft. He plays not to lose, not to dominate and win. His defense looks better than it is when playing bad teams. It got exposed in Buffalo when it couldn't stop the Bills on their last drive despite being handed multiple opportunities to do so. This is exactly the same issue we had with the O-line last year. Everyone railed about the personnel but I kept saying it was the scheme not the personnel. Well, McConnell changed the blocking scheme and now the o-line is pretty good with the exact same personnel. I'm seeing the exact same thing with Staley's defense. His bend not break, soft zone won't hold up against a good offense. The Bills proved that.

As for your CNN comment, I live in a conservative state but grew up and lived my life in LA, SD, and Seattle so your damn right I'm a progressive, always have been. I hated the Vietnam war but served as a corpsman, with the purple heart to prove it. So yeah I'm proud of it, okay? This team should be all about getting the best out of the players on the roster. Why does he have Ramsey in coverage of the flats? Are you freaking kidding me? Why does he keep playing Hill who is a backup talent?

I've already posted to his credit Staley finally adjusted his defensive front 7 to a more aggressive posture against a weak Washington o-line. He finally understood the need to force the offense to adjust their protection to account for AD by playing a 5 man d-line. I've been saying it all along that if he insists upon playing this scheme he only needs 1 ILB with the other a OLB or DB. He also has on occasion finally moved SJD from a 1T to a 2 or 3 T allowing him to play in a single gap assignment. He has shortened up his zone as well. That said will he now stay with that mentality? I'm not so sure. He's proved over 5 games that he has a tendency to loosen up instead of clamping down and going for the kill. Staley is an extremely conservative DC who plays not to lose instead of using his superior talent to play to dominate and beat the opposing offense.

His "good enough" mentality works against weak opponents but will likely get exposed for what it is against a good opponent. I suggest you go back and look at the defense in the Bills last drive and tell me how good they are. I predicted that in a close game if a good offensive opponent has the last possession, Staley's defense will get shredded as it was against the Bills. I made that prediction long before the Bills game. So go ahead and look at that Bill's last possession and tell me how good Staley's scheme is. It never should have come to that bogus PI at the end of the game. But Staley's scared approach is a loser when it comes to that situation. Staley could have ended that possession early but he backed off and allowed the Bills to march down the field. That is my problem with Staley. Go ahead and review that last possession because I have and it made me sick.
51463908-DA36-4624-A8B5-6133FEDD8F02.jpeg
51463908-DA36-4624-A8B5-6133FEDD8F02.jpeg

We lost the Buffalo game because the team came off the plane flat and fell behind early. Even with that, Staley adjusted at the half and basically totally shut down one of the best offenses in football. As for the last drive the reason we lost was because of injuries we had a rookie out there taking his first snaps in the NFL slip on a pass he would have easily broken up if he kept his feet.

Also, here’s some more food for thought. We have played 4 games so in essence “pre-season” is now over. Do you think you could give our DC a few games to see what kind of talent he has and where he should best position them? Do you think Troy Reeder is happy with how he was used yesterday? How about Ramsey?

Dude you are clueless. A little knowledge can be dangerous. Put down the “Defensive Coaching for Dummies” book you got from Barnes and Nobles and actually watch a game.

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Rams are allowing 304.4 yards/game. Seahawks are allowing 471.2. I fail to see how the Rams’ D is “just like” the Hawks’ D in terms of letting opposing teams march up and down the field.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It is an odd take, but fair enough. Guess we will disagree.

The CNN take was more about fake news, then a political question.

I guess I see a really good defense, with a new coordinator, that seems to be getting better every week. If I am not mistaken, they gave up NEGATIVE six yards on Defense in the 2nd half yesterday. I know that Washington is no Offensive Juggernaut, but still, you don't do that with a bad D or a bad Scheme. Not sure what you are seeing, but Cheers

Marc Spector

Rookie
Aside from the Super Bowl, its disgusting how lucky they get. Ive never seen anything like it. Minnesota shouldve won last night. We shouldve beat them in Seattle last year. THe Pats shouldve beat them. The Browns shouldve beat them last year. Countless games where the luckiest breaks possible occur in their favor.

BelgianRam

UDFA
Name
Timoty
Here's why I hate the Seahawks: If seachickens were in our situation in the buffalo game that defensive pass interference never gets called on 4th and 9. What would follow then is a media stampede (akin to black friday) to see who can give the most praise to the "incredible" comeback orchestrated by the umpa lumpa.

as a bonus Pete Carroll would be bitching to the referees why they didn't flag offside on the subsequent QB kneel.

The amount of luck is unreal, and it's not just regular season.

ps I know the hypocrisy of a rams fan complaining about a DPI that got called

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Enough with the personal comments when quoting and addressing a member who's take you don't agree with. Attack the post not the poster. Otherwise, use the ignore function.