Your Seachickens thoughts....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
just wondering if that horse has a good personality or is just good looking. asking for a friend
Think it's irrelevant, too much seattle taint. But a valid question normally

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The seaCocks poor defense is going to catch up to them.
They have no business being 5-0.

Wilson is excellent, but thats not going to be good enough throughout the entire season.
This division belongs to us....and we're going to take it.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wilson is excellent, but that's not going to be good enough throughout the entire season.

Us Rams lovers on this board have said that and similar many times. Yet Umpa Loompa ends up in the playoffs nearly every single year. I HATE that team.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
My one wish is not for a million dollars but it is to see someone hit Wilson and break his leg and I never usually want to see anyone get hurt. Wilson is the exception!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Us Rams lovers on this board have said that and similar many times. Yet Umpa Loompa ends up in the playoffs nearly every single year. I HATE that team.
Wilson has played witj some very good defenses.
This years team isn't one of them.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
My one wish is not for a million dollars but it is to see someone hit Wilson and break his leg and I never usually want to see anyone get hurt. Wilson is the exception!
I wouldn't wish that on any player, even the dirty ones.

dang

Legend
Staley's defense is soft. He plays not to lose, not to dominate and win. His defense looks better than it is when playing bad teams. It got exposed in Buffalo when it couldn't stop the Bills on their last drive despite being handed multiple opportunities to do so. This is exactly the same issue we had with the O-line last year. Everyone railed about the personnel but I kept saying it was the scheme not the personnel. Well, McConnell changed the blocking scheme and now the o-line is pretty good with the exact same personnel. I'm seeing the exact same thing with Staley's defense. His bend not break, soft zone won't hold up against a good offense. The Bills proved that.

As for your CNN comment, I live in a conservative state but grew up and lived my life in LA, SD, and Seattle so your damn right I'm a progressive, always have been. I hated the Vietnam war but served as a corpsman, with the purple heart to prove it. So yeah I'm proud of it, okay? This team should be all about getting the best out of the players on the roster. Why does he have Ramsey in coverage of the flats? Are you freaking kidding me? Why does he keep playing Hill who is a backup talent?

I've already posted to his credit Staley finally adjusted his defensive front 7 to a more aggressive posture against a weak Washington o-line. He finally understood the need to force the offense to adjust their protection to account for AD by playing a 5 man d-line. I've been saying it all along that if he insists upon playing this scheme he only needs 1 ILB with the other a OLB or DB. He also has on occasion finally moved SJD from a 1T to a 2 or 3 T allowing him to play in a single gap assignment. He has shortened up his zone as well. That said will he now stay with that mentality? I'm not so sure. He's proved over 5 games that he has a tendency to loosen up instead of clamping down and going for the kill. Staley is an extremely conservative DC who plays not to lose instead of using his superior talent to play to dominate and beat the opposing offense.

His "good enough" mentality works against weak opponents but will likely get exposed for what it is against a good opponent. I suggest you go back and look at the defense in the Bills last drive and tell me how good they are. I predicted that in a close game if a good offensive opponent has the last possession, Staley's defense will get shredded as it was against the Bills. I made that prediction long before the Bills game. So go ahead and look at that Bill's last possession and tell me how good Staley's scheme is. It never should have come to that bogus PI at the end of the game. But Staley's scared approach is a loser when it comes to that situation. Staley could have ended that possession early but he backed off and allowed the Bills to march down the field. That is my problem with Staley. Go ahead and review that last possession because I have and it made me sick.
Coach Fisher is that you?

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Wilson has played witj some very good defenses.
This years team isn't one of them.

Well, sadly and regrettably I have to ask you to visit this thread with me end of December.
the Seattle Hated's are going to be in the playoffs ... again!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well, sadly and regrettably I have to ask you to visit this thread with me end of December.
the Seattle Hated's are going to be in the playoffs ... again!
They will be in the playoffs, but the division will be ours

TexasRam

Legend
How many playoff games has Wilson won without the #1 defense in the NFL?
How many Championships has Wilson made it to without the #1 defense in the NFL? The Answer is Zero.

Last time we played Wilson he put up 12 points. Goff 28. And now their defense is league worst.

Count me not worried.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
How many playoff games has Wilson won without the #1 defense in the NFL?
How many Championships has Wilson made it to without the #1 defense in the NFL? The Answer is Zero.

Last time we played Wilson he put up 12 points. Goff 28. And now their defense is league worst.

Count me not worried.

Plus, the last time I looked, last week, Wilson was the most sacked QB in the league, with 15. So, either his Oline is not good at pass blocking, he has slowed a step on scrambles, or his receivers aren't getting open until they go off schedule. Either way, it could be a good thing for the Rams.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Plus, the last time I looked, last week, Wilson was the most sacked QB in the league, with 15. So, either his Oline is not good at pass blocking, he has slowed a step on scrambles, or his receivers aren't getting open until they go off schedule. Either way, it could be a good thing for the Rams.

And the last time I looked they were 5-0 ... not yet losing a game. I wonder if that means anything to anyone.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
They will be in the playoffs, but the division will be ours

:)

Seadicks currently 5-0 and we are 4-1.
I'll need to brush up on my math skills, so I can see how the division will be ours if things keep going the same.
;)

TexasRam

Legend
And the last time I looked they were 5-0 ... not yet losing a game. I wonder if that means anything to anyone.

Seattle games have been against:

Falcons 0 wins
Cowboys 2 wins (Falcons and Giants)
Patriots 2 wins
Vikings 1 win
Dolphins 2 win (Niners and Jags)

So Seattle has either beaten bottom Feeders or teams who's wins are vs bottom feeders.

With the exception of the Patriots win, which was a close game but a nice win.

It's the same boat the Rams are in. Haven't really beat a good team yet but have handled the mediocre to bad teams.

So no, 5-0 doesn't mean anything to me expect the fact that Seattle is better then bad and mediocre teams.

I expect us to beat Seattle barring major injuries before then, can they beat us? Sure. The Raiders beat the Chiefs. It happens.

I think we are the better team this year though. Their defense is really struggling.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

How much should it mean 5 games into the season? Wins and losses can be misleading when you consider other factors. Besides that the Rams are 4-1 and could easily be 5-0 if not for a bad PI call to end there only loss.

The Seahawks defense has allowed their opponents to score, 25, 30, 31, 23, 27, so far. They haven't played a more difficult schedule than the Rams have, especially considering the East coast trips the Rams have endured. The Rams defense has allowed their opponents 17, 19, 35, 9, 10 points this season.

The Seahawks passing defense has been very bad this year, dead last in fact. The Rams pass defense has been top 2. The running game defenses are similar. The offenses have had similar success. So that means its likely going to be two close games between these two, like usual, but the Rams should have the edge.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The seaCocks poor defense is going to catch up to them.
They have no business being 5-0.

Wilson is excellent, but thats not going to be good enough throughout the entire season.
This division belongs to us....and we're going to take it.
I agree their defense looks poor enough to squander a fine offense. Usually a D like that will catch up with you no doubt.

I like where the Rams are too right now. Good young defense that is hard to throw on goes really nice with our offense. Rams look like a complete team right now, with the possible exception of ST where the jury's still out.

I also think our offense is going to be one of several that kicks it into another gear here in the week 6+ range when the real teams start to step up. It's fuckin exciting. :beer2::cool:

MauiRam

Rookie
How much should it mean 5 games into the season? Wins and losses can be misleading when you consider other factors. Besides that the Rams are 4-1 and could easily be 5-0 if not for a bad PI call to end there only loss.

The Seahawks defense has allowed their opponents to score, 25, 30, 31, 23, 27, so far. They haven't played a more difficult schedule than the Rams have, especially considering the East coast trips the Rams have endured. The Rams defense has allowed their opponents 17, 19, 35, 9, 10 points this season.

The Seahawks passing defense has been very bad this year, dead last in fact. The Rams pass defense has been top 2. The running game defenses are similar. The offenses have had similar success. So that means its likely going to be two close games between these two, like usual, but the Rams should have the edge.

Russell Wilson will be 32 years old in late November and is certainly not getting faster. Aaron Donald is in his prime and knows Wilson well. So do Brockers and Johnny .Johnson. Additionally, Jalen Ramsey might get to know Russell better too. After all - Ramsey had a close up & personal "interview" with Kyle Allen last Sunday. True, it was a 15 yard introduction, but we won. Now it's Russell's turn ...

I agree the Hawks are beatable. In week 9 the Rams have a bye, while the Sqawks get to travel all the way to Buffalo for a game. Subsequently in week 10, Seattle must come to L.A to play the Rams when we’re fresh off a bye. Nothing is a given, but I definitely like our chances.

dang

Legend
The Rams are still fine tuning. i don’t expect their best play until around week 10. With that said Seattle can circle the wagons with the best of them. I expect the first game to go down to the wire. But remember Wilson is Donald’s bitch so my bet is on the Rams defense stiffening when needed.