You Gave Up What ???, For Jalen Ramsey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I will add that I am just as impressed with him as I am with Donald.

Qbs don't even throw his way. If the WR makes a catch, its typically a short comeback or something that includes a bit of a push off or pick.

I would gladly give up the next two picks for him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It really is phenomenal to think of how many top WR's Ramsey has shut down this year.

Especially when you consider the BS calls he got this year. And the no calls, like when Evans kept clearly pushing off on him.

Ramsey and Donald should literally get game balls every game.

Troy Hill deserves a lot of respect

BS calls ? RAMsey gets away with a lot as well. I Say this about Jalen RAMsey when it comes to the Goal Line with a player coming in between traffic to SCORE. He takes the High Road.No Doubt a All Pro.
Just glad the Cardinals didn’t have Murray 100%

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This is exactly why I wanted him.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

I still can't believe how many times he gets flagged when the wr pushed him off. It's insane, like the call against gallop in the first game of the season has made the refs anti Ramsey.

Preach. THat call he got against Hopkins yesterday was a JOKE. Hop grabbed his facemask and pulled him down!! Ramsey never interfered with him at ALL on that play. Those calls went against him all year. Sofa King annoying....

dang

Legend
As great as Donald is (He’s heading to the Mount Rushmore of Defensive Players with Reggie White, LT, Deacon Jones??) ...Ramsey brings the attitude that is pushing the Rams defense to the top of the NFL. I would respect but hate Ramsey if he was a Seahawk or 49er. I look forward to the Rams defense for the next 3+ years with Donald/Ramsey on the roster. Just need to keep Leonard and find an ILB thumper to keep this team at the top.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams 1st Rd picks looking more and more like a crazy steal for Ramsey! How does Les Snead sleep at night?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

did everyone see the way ramsey expertly shoved metcalf away form the ball the first time wilson went deep to him? that was beautiful. there's no way any official was gonna see that. he just used metcalf's momentum against him and helped him on his way. metcalf had no chance to come back to the ball.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Having a shut down CB like Ramsey is a steal for two 1st and a 3rd round picks. I don't believe the Rams would have went this far without him. The guy is more of a team leader than I ever realized. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I love his hair style, it looks like something you would see on a little baby.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Having a shut down CB like Ramsey is a steal for two 1st and a 3rd round picks. I don't believe the Rams would have went this far without him. The guy is more of a team leader than I ever realized. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I love his hair style, it looks like something you would see on a little baby.
Rams might make that 2021 1st round selection & that 2021 4th rd selection more like a high 2nd rd'er & 5th'er........if things can go right!

Teams really never know what those trade picks will end up being & just how the draft plays out for them. In truth Brandon Staley came to LA Rams with an unknown makeup in the secondary.

In 2019 the corners were Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib/Rapp, Nickell Robey-Coleman & Donte Deayon. The 3 top safeties after JJ III went to IR were Eric Weddle Taylor Rapp & Marqui Christian. (n):sick:

Such a sad disoriented Wade DB cadre! Snead knew he was in serious trouble with this DB group. When you analize at what was there you can see why Snead pulled the trigger on Jalen Ramsey. Now I am usually never for trading away draft selections as Snead has done since 2016 but as far as I am concerned the Ramsey trade was an outstanding accomplishment towards the future investments in upgrading the defense.

Before this season began Talib & Weddle played themselves right into early retirement. Peters & his inflated overpriced salary price tag was UPS'd to Baltimore for starting ILB'er Kenny Young (who has played very well this season). CB NRC inflated salary was declined & ended up in Philly. Safety Christian was not resigned went to the Jets & was cut:shock:.

Besides the Ramsey addition where he is now playing the Star positions, Snead drafted the 2020 all-rookie team, Safety Jordan Fuller & Nickle DB Terrell Burgess. CB's Troy Hill & Darious Williams were awarded starting positions. JJ III returned to be the defensive signal-caller for the #1 defense in the NFL. 2019 drafted deep safety Nick Scott saw his snaps with the defense increase greatly as the 3rd safety after injuries to Rapp & Burgess. Snead also added UDFA's safeties JuJu Hughes & JR Reed to go with 2019 3rd rd pick corner David Long.

This top-rated secondary will undergo another big change this off-season with SS JJ III, CB's Hill & Williams entering FA'cy. However, the 6 players deep safety unit with FS Fuller, SS Rapp, FS Scott, SS Reed, SS Gervase & FS Hughes is very young & talented.

The corner unit with Ramsey, Long, Burgess, Deayon & McGhee might need the signing of CB Darious Williams to improve the talent level. However, due to the past, mid-season 2019 Jalen Ramsey trade :love:many of the concerns & worries will be absent even with the losses of those 3 secondary starters.

Brandon Staley is good, but Snead/McVay's leadership & great decisions with the trade for Jalen Ramsey sure made Staley look really good!

Last edited:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
As great as Donald is (He’s heading to the Mount Rushmore of Defensive Players with Reggie White, LT, Deacon Jones??) ...Ramsey brings the attitude that is pushing the Rams defense to the top of the NFL. I would respect but hate Ramsey if he was a Seahawk or 49er. I look forward to the Rams defense for the next 3+ years with Donald/Ramsey on the roster. Just need to keep Leonard and find an ILB thumper to keep this team at the top.

I really think it's both AD and Ramsay bringing the attitude. With two guys like that leading everyone will follow. Ramsay is probably more vocal.

It's also the synergy of having two great players at two of the most critical positions, each one capable of lining up or covering unpredictably on every play, and each one putting maximum pressure on the qb in different ways.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I really think it's both AD and Ramsay bringing the attitude. With two guys like that leading everyone will follow. Ramsay is probably more vocal.

It's also the synergy of having two great players at two of the most critical positions, each one capable of lining up or covering unpredictably on every play, and each one putting maximum pressure on the qb in different ways.

It’s not just Sunday’s that make these 2 players excellent.It’s also not what they do on the field as well.There play shines,but it’s the little things that count.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
the trade for Ramsey was genius
train

I’d say the way The Coaching staff has handled him is genius.That’s where Mcvay is best.

Aubrey Pleasant should get more credit the way he handles Diva DB’s & helps develop his CB’s.Add Ejiro Evero.

TexasRam

Legend
17 games in 2020 and 1 TD given up. And that was basically because he slipped.

If Ramsey can shut down Adams and lead the Rams to the Super Bowl, he is going to start getting chatter about being the best CB to play the game. He not only is a shut down cover guy, but unlike Deon and others, Ramsey is a tremendous punishing tackler.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah every once in a while you get a fantastic player. That's rare though, and right now other teams are saying "oh we passed on Aaron Donald for so and so".
every critic downplayed him for being short. after being drafted, my friend (ram fan also) and I at work watched AD's videos on youtube to see what the # 13 pick brought the Rams. after seeing the play against Kentucky (?), i looked at my friend and said hell, he just tackled the backfield on that play, fuck the handoff.....
that video of his college highlights still surprised me with how fast he was @ pitt.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
17 games in 2020 and 1 TD given up. And that was basically because he slipped.

If Ramsey can shut down Adams and lead the Rams to the Super Bowl, he is going to start getting chatter about being the best CB to play the game. He not only is a shut down cover guy, but unlike Deon and others, Ramsey is a tremendous punishing tackler.

I agree with shut down corner.I do also LOVE his knowledge of the game.Keeping players in bounds.
The thing about his Tackling is he does it when he wants to.I guess that is an art as well I’m finding out.
DK Metcalf did have 2 TD’s though as well.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
every critic downplayed him for being short. after being drafted, my friend (ram fan also) and I at work watched AD's videos on youtube to see what the # 13 pick brought the Rams. after seeing the play against Kentucky (?), i looked at my friend and said hell, he just tackled the backfield on that play, fuck the handoff.....
that video of his college highlights still surprised me with how fast he was @ pitt.
I remember there being a 10 minute YouTube video of his college highlights and there was no dead time in it. No re-running of the same play 5 times like some of these kid's videos.

It was wall to wall freak show!

Here it is...

View: https://youtu.be/u3YKvx6LcBs