You Gave Up What ???, For Jalen Ramsey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
His whole time here was people complaining that the Rams weren't using him right.

I'd rather have had DeAndre Hopkins myself.

Remember tho he allegedly "nuked" all over a hotel room and had issues. Easy to say anyone would want him now.

Well, unless your name is Bill O'Brian. :mad:

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If there was an edge rusher available, like a Robert Quinn in his prime type of guy, then yeah. But could we afford 3 HUGE contracts for defensive players?
If I'm not mistaken I think what @NoCoNite was saying was meant more as a sentiment.
But I agree, we have more suitable places to be investing our cap dollars.
Including resigning or extending some of our own. There's a little CB on the other
side of Ramsey that I would love to see in horns for a couple more years, at least.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
This year, the NFC Playoffs will feature the following #1 receivers:

Michael Thomas
Davante Adams
DeAndre Hopkins
Chris Godwin/Mike Evans
Terry Mclaurin
DK Metcalf

I wonder why Snead wanted a #1 corner? Such a mystery.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was all in on Ramsey. I wanted Less to get him as soon as he became available.

My logic was this; If the Rams are any good they likely pick outside the top 15. It is highly unlikely that they could pick a player close to Ramsey's talent level. A proven commodity as a top two player at his position is worth two chances to land someone good in round one.

Throw in the importance of his position in a passing league and it was a no brainer imo. Its a good thing that Les has nailed some later picks and signs some good UDFA's to fill the roster out.

oldnotdead

Legend
I've never had a problem with the trade. I was elated. As I've said many times prior Ramsey is the DB equivalent of Donald. He completely changes how Staley can play his defense. How many teams can say they have two HOF level players on the same defense at the same time? Both are best at their positions and both impact what options the offense has on each play.

Just like Donald takes the front 7 to a new level, Ramsey does likewise in the secondary. They both open up opportunities for the others on their units. That said, Snead has done a masterful job in filling in around them with guys like Floyd, Lewis, and Robinson on the D-line. They have Fuller, Rapp, Burgess, and most of all D. Williams in the secondary. With Ramsey, this is probably the best secondary in the NFL.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I've never had a problem with the trade. I was elated. As I've said many times prior Ramsey is the DB equivalent of Donald. He completely changes how Staley can play his defense. How many teams can say they have two HOF level players on the same defense at the same time? Both are best at their positions and both impact what options the offense has on each play.

Just like Donald takes the front 7 to a new level, Ramsey does likewise in the secondary. They both open up opportunities for the others on their units. That said, Snead has done a masterful job in filling in around them with guys like Floyd, Lewis, and Robinson on the D-line. They have Fuller, Rapp, Burgess, and most of all D. Williams in the secondary. With Ramsey, this is probably the best secondary in the NFL.

Communication. Leading by example. Showing HOW to win. This is how Goff has set the tone for the offense, Whitworth has elevated the OLine, AD has led the DLine, Brown has grown the RB room, Woods has anchored the WR's, JJ III has founded the safeties, and Ramsey has improved the corners. We have a team filled with the right kind of leaders. THIS is what gives me hope that we are fans of a special team.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
After the 1 yr rental of watkins, the looming departure of fowler, and the “not quite what we thought we were getting” in peters...it was difficult to buy into another potential rental that was so costly (the picks).

When you factor in the OL issues at the time and the questions surrounding gurley, it seemed like the Rams were more than a CB away. Now that #20 has been extended and a healthier/more productive OL is in place, the deal actually looks pretty good.

Who knew?

nighttrain

Legend
AS much as i was excited when we drafted Tavon (his youtube college highlights were amazing) WE could have drafted D. Hop It still hurts smh. But years later i can say we are alright finally. hahahhaha
And Metcalf was still available when we drafted Rapp, it happens
train

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
And Metcalf was still available when we drafted Rapp, it happens
train

The Rams drafted Greg Robinson ahead of Aaron Donald. How do you get it so right and so wrong at the same time?

Criticizing drafts years after the fact is worthless.

nighttrain

Legend
The Rams drafted Greg Robinson ahead of Aaron Donald. How do you get it so right and so wrong at the same time?

GR had the talent to play in the NFL, at least most of the league thot so, but nobody knew he didnt have the want or desire, he just had the greed for the dough($)
train

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
GR had the talent to play in the NFL, at least most of the league thot so, but nobody knew he didnt have the want or desire, he just had the greed for the dough($)
train

While I agree about GR, there were 12 other teams that wish the selected Donald. I just don't get the purpose of lamented draft misses like Hopkins over Austin. It's a fool's errand.

Ellard80

Legend
it's worked out well so far. It's not all about the draft picks though-its about cap room as well. Drafted players are a crap shoot - but they are a lot cheaper and allow you to spend money elsewhere.

I'm with FLV - you can't really judge trades, drafts in 1.5 seasons.

So far so good...

nighttrain

Legend
While I agree about GR, there were 12 other teams that wish the selected Donald. I just don't get the purpose of lamented draft misses like Hopkins over Austin. It's a fool's errand.
to quote a former great, learn from history or repeat your mistakes
train

nighttrain

Legend
Do you feel that has happened? I personally feel they've drafted quite well lately. Just asking...
myself, i am very pleased with what Rams have done, in all facets of acquiring players, thru draft and thru trade
train

tempests

Hall of Fame

I've been told you can only evaluate a draft years after the fact. But apparently you're not allowed to criticize it.

What was being discussed is whether Austin was a good draft pick.