You Gave Up What ???, For Jalen Ramsey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
You Gave Up What ???, For Jalen Ramsey

When Les gave up those #1's I was stunned. I thought it may have been a bit much.
The media , to put it lightly ... Scoffed.
The Quote of the day was " The Rams gave up way, way too much for Jalen Ramsey"

But now I see what I was so ignorantly blind to, at the time.
I see Les's vision of not just bringing in a potentially great player. no
That would still make giving 2 number ones debatable.

What Les has done is put together the F***ing Avengers.
Putting Jalen in the same locker room with Aaron has helped to bring out the absolute best Jalen Ramsey.
And created a Duo that every player on this defense feeds off of, and their level of play rises as proof.
Oh did I mention that McSnead also brought in Professor X to lead this machine.

1607817340285.png

View: https://twitter.com/jalenramsey/status/1337588073442336768?s=20

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
I thought we gave up too much as well. I’d trade the next 2 1st rounders we have for another Jalen Ramsey.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's nice to see both AD and Ramsey have the makings of a great team around them. AD was AD even when the defense around him was shit. Now that there's dudes making plays all around him he might finally get that ring a player of his stature deserves. And Ramsey had some good defenses around him in Jax early on, but this one is pretty special and they also have an offense that might be hitting their stride going into the playoffs.

Snead has been pulling off some miracles to load this roster with difference makers. They brought in vets on defense and it gelled quickly this season under Staley, but their offensive moves were draft and those guys take a little more time. If that time is upon us now watch out NFL because you got a real team coming your way this playoffs. Rams are going to be a very tough out.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If you're not picking un the top 5, top 10 the draft is a total guessing game. And I don't want to see a pick in the top 10.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I thought we gave up too much as well. I’d trade the next 2 1st rounders we have for another Jalen Ramsey.

If there was an edge rusher available, like a Robert Quinn in his prime type of guy, then yeah. But could we afford 3 HUGE contracts for defensive players?

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I also found myself questioning the trade for Ramsey.
I was wrong, so glad we got him and he seems ike such a team player.
The defence is playing with such high spirits and it shows.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aaron Donald has proven he was worth that contract. He might even be playing better these last couple of years, if that's even possible. As for Ramsey... let's give him another year or two before we evaluate his contract.

JMHO.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ramsay was worth every penny and more. We have a generational talent in the secondary, a 1 of 1 talent on the D Line and that makes our D top notch as all the other players feed off of Ramsay and Donald. Having those 2 makes everyone around them better opposing teams have to design entire game plans around dealing with Aaron Donald, his presence frees up 1 on 1 opportunities for other players. Jalen IMO has a similar effect on the secondary as he can erase the opponent’s number 1 threat as well as simplify defensive concepts for the rest of the secondary by eliminating entire sides of the field. IMHO we will always have a dominant defense with these two and we are a talented LB away from having an all time D a la 2000s ravens

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would be bold enough to say he is far better than anyone in last years draft or this.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
When I first saw the Ramsey deal I thought wow they must really like this guy. I don't watch Jaguar games and don't always follow other team's players so I didn't know from first hand how good he was. There is absolutely no desire to add the title of mini-Kiper or armchair GM to my resume. I usually don't critique a draft pick or trade until the future results come in. And I'm happy to see that the results are now overwhelmingly in Ramsey's favor.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Unless you have the 13th pick in 2014..j/k

Yeah every once in a while you get a fantastic player. That's rare though, and right now other teams are saying "oh we passed on Aaron Donald for so and so".

tempests

Hall of Fame
Ehh, dude had productive years for the Rams. He didn't live up to his college highlight reels, which everyone assumed will be CTRL + C, CTRL + V into the NFL and it just doesn't happen that way.

His whole time here was people complaining that the Rams weren't using him right.

I'd rather have had DeAndre Hopkins myself.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
The ripple effects of superstar players can be somewhat subtle and some fans don’t fully appreciate them.

The stellar personal play of AD and Ramsey are beyond obvious, but consider these by-product benefits:

Both players force opponents to alter their preferred schemes in order to try to control these two. That, by definition, weakens a given O forced to do things other than what they normally do best.

Both players allow teammates more freedom to do things that they normally couldn’t prudently do playing with a typical NFL caliber player. Just look at how Floyd, Joseph-Day, Gaines, Hollins, Kiser, Reeder, and Young are making more plays from that front 7 than heretofore.

And look at how Williams, Hill, JJ, and Fuller are starring in this secondary when playing with Ramsey. That’s no coincidence.

I’m a huge fan of Staley, but let’s be honest. Staley has options for schemes with the likes of AD and Ramsey that he just wouldn’t have with typical quality starters. These two are each force-multipliers and as a result of direct and indirect impact this D is now elite.

How does one put a value on all those things?