Would Stafford consider Retirement?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
this is just strange... so he didnt have a concussion?

never mind this is from yesterday afternoon.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's like bringing in the Evans version of a QB......ouch
If Stafford retires, we'll have no QB and no first round pick. I'm not sure what you'd be expecting. Mayfield has had a couple good years, and McVay can do far more with a QB than that shit show in Carolina. Seems like a worthwhile risk to me. Worst case scenario, he sucks, and we draft a QB with our first round pick in 2024.
Even if Stafford doesnt, Mayfield will be an UFA. Wonder if he would take a low base/high incentive deal while "re-shaping" his career?
One thing is for sure, they cant go in to 2023 with the QB stable they currently have
Would be worth considering if he's cheap.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Regardless of whether the retirement rumors are true your statement certainly is. Stop fucking playing him behind this sieve of an OL. Play Perkins and run a ton of option.
Well I’m sure it was hard to sit him. He gets paid to play & Stafford is super competitive.

I though about posting he should sit out the week,but now The Rams are basically totally out of it.

I agree now he should sit out a few games at least.Whatever his wife’s thinking will probably come into play.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
If Stafford retires, we'll have no QB and no first round pick. I'm not sure what you'd be expecting. Mayfield has had a couple good years, and McVay can do far more with a QB than that shit show in Carolina. Seems like a worthwhile risk to me. Worst case scenario, he sucks, and we draft a QB with our first round pick in 2024.

Hell no. Mayfield is garbage. We can do better. I'd rather trade for Gardner Minshew than play his sorry ass.

Tano

Legend

I wouldn't mind going with the USC QB in 2024

Tano

Legend
Geese you think? I think everyone would be on board with that.
Well um .... just call me Captain Obvious

captain obvious hotels.com GIF

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hell no. Mayfield is garbage. We can do better. I'd rather trade for Gardner Minshew than play his sorry ass.
Wont have to trade for Minshew, he's a UFA after the season as well.
There will be a decent list of FA QB after the season, the question will always be how much $$ they are willing to take and how much they would value being behind Stafford on the depth chart but able to work with McVay.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
If Stafford retires (just going with the thread), I'd go after (in no order) Aaron Rodgers, the backup in Baltimore Huntley, Daniel Jones, Andy Dalton, Gardner Minshew, Marcus Mariota, Jacoby Brissett and obviously still position ourselves to draft one to develop.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Wont have to trade for Minshew, he's a UFA after the season as well.
There will be a decent list of FA QB after the season, the question will always be how much $$ they are willing to take and how much they would value being behind Stafford on the depth chart but able to work with McVay.
Yeah I just saw that and that was my knee jerk reaction to hearing Mayfield. I'd stay away from him. That dude had his chance and he sucks ass. Also I'm mostly answering to if Stafford retires. If it's for a backup, I really would go after a journeyman more the likes of a Dalton.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I just saw that and that was my knee jerk reaction to hearing Mayfield. I'd stay away from him. That dude had his chance and he sucks ass. Also I'm mostly answering to if Stafford retires. If it's for a backup, I really would go after a journeyman more the likes of a Dalton.
Dalton was Baker Mayfield when he flamed out in Dallas and Chicago, now he found a good fit and he's playing well. Baker has a pretty high ceiling, we've seen him play at a high level, but his .10 cent brain seems to have held him back.
Doubt he'd play the low base/high incentive deal the Rams would afford, but then again neither would/will Dalton (who will make about 6 mill this year)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Whatever happens at quarterback, they better do something about the line. If not, years like this will be the norm rather than the exception.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Next week we’re gonna have speculation threads on the NFL closing down SoFi if the Rams keep losing.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
San Diego Rams. lololol

808RAMS

Rookie
Name
Spencer
Get through this year with cheap qb signings. Nothing to play for anyway. When the season is over, go all in for Jimmy G.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Could McVay fix Darnold? Have not watched him play much except when he beat us in 2020. So not sure what the root cause is to his failures. Seems big & athletic...I assume decision making is an issue. Might be able to fix that. I guess health seems to be a problem as well. That also might tie into poor decisions.