Would Stafford consider Retirement?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Way too many injuries for one team to deal with and who else do we hold responsible besides Murphy and his law. lol
Also I think the starters need to play more in the pre season. Both lines defensive and offensive were not ready to compete when the season started.
That is so True!! At least one series against starters.

I like what Sean Mcvay has done & his theory as well. Just asking for that little bit.

Mcvay can’t think playing those scrimmages when a QB is wearing a Red Jersey is enough.

The experience young players get is priceless,but by having the starting O’Line in with say a backup QB against other starters helps to feel the live intensity,plus mental game starting prep & routine.

The other part is putting a young player in over there head to much where they drowned before they are confident to swim from fear of failure & pressure.

Building confidence is HUGE Imo

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Stafford will be back.

You can see him out their spinning the ball around and hanging out with his teamates.

He wants to play.

Of course -

The cool thing is Baker Mayfield loves it here. Who is going to offer him a starting spot is what will lead Mayfield away.

That STUPID ROBINSON dude on pre & post game is a Hater. I don’t like that ex-Ram & Raven/Panther Steve Smith either. MJD is awesome though.

My point being how before the game Robinson was like Mayfield isn’t even a Top 64 player & should’nt be in the league.
He then ate Humble Pie & then said that is what Baker needs to continue to do after winning & keeping level headed.

Steve Smith just has a HUGE EGO & thinks he is all that.He was a good WR I give him that & he had his haters as well.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I don't think want is an issue.

Can and should are the issues.
I actually think "can" is the only issue. Truth is, alot of NFL players continue when they probably shouldn't. I just don't think that Stafford's injury is a career ending one. I could be wrong, I'm not a doctor and even if I was, don't have much info about the injury. I just thought their would be bigger hoopla about it if it was the end for him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I actually think "can" is the only issue. Truth is, alot of NFL players continue when they probably shouldn't. I just don't think that Stafford's injury is a career ending one. I could be wrong, I'm not a doctor and even if I was, don't have much info about the injury. I just thought their would be bigger hoopla about it if it was the end for him.
He's shut down for the season because of a spinal injury.

That line doesn't need hoopla or embellishment.

"Should" absolutely comes into play when you've been paid more than 300 million dollars.. won a Super Bowl MVP.. and your wife is deeply concerned about your health and welfare.

He's got nothing left to prove and has made the third most amount of money ever by an NFL player.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Well he won't be making the retirement decision anytime soon. Health eval before 2023 season and if he wants to play and he's cleared he will. If for health reasons he won't he'll happily hand baton to Mayfield, knowing he's not letting teammates down & they have his replacement. All the celebrating last night and Stafford was part of it. He still likes playing and enjoys the thrill of victory, and still competitive. So it would have to be a clear risk for him not to play. Get ready for the media on this they will be nauseating before we get the answer.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
He's shut down for the season because of a spinal injury.

That line doesn't need hoopla or embellishment.

"Should" absolutely comes into play when you've been paid more than 300 million dollars.. won a Super Bowl MVP.. and your wife is deeply concerned about your health and welfare.

He's got nothing left to prove and has made the third most amount of money ever by an NFL player.
All I'm saying is "Should" isn't in the vocabulary of almost all NFL football players.

As for if he regains the ability to play football, I'll sit here believing he'll be back until he isn't. He was shut down after staying on the active roster for 2 weeks. And IR injury designations can be fairly general. But maybe you're right. That would suck for the Rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mountains out of mole hills
“Rams HC Sean McVay said he expects QB Matthew Stafford (spinal cord contusion) to have a ‘healthy offseason.’ When asked if the injury is long-term, McVay said ‘no.'”

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Mountains out of mole hills
“Rams HC Sean McVay said he expects QB Matthew Stafford (spinal cord contusion) to have a ‘healthy offseason.’ When asked if the injury is long-term, McVay said ‘no.'”

Yeah but the real issue is the major problems with Stafford's elbow.

Seriously, of course there are possibilities regarding McVay, Stafford and Donald; and any leaving would have a major impact on the Rams. And ... at some point ... all will leave. However, right now it's just speculation; and it's kind of annoying.

Now Stafford's elbow ... that's a Real Problem.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Stafford may or may not retire but one thing is for sure if the Rams don't fix the o-line he won't come back and his wife won't let him. The Rams will have to do some serious investing in making sure Stafford not touched next year. Once again I don't think Mcvay Snead especially Mcvay are here for the long hall... I absolutely can see a trade for a Tunsil or Jalen Ramsey traded for a pick to be used for Tunsil etc. The line besides Havenstein needs some serious help. If I'm Stafford with those adorable girls wife and 300 million I'm out of that line isn't redone tough or not family comes first.