Would Stafford consider Retirement?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
yes married. happy life without being whipped. she is as supportive as they come. i see other wives squeezing the drive and life out of their husbands. then again, my wife understands that i've always had plans and like to build, and she likes that, and her support has increased our success. if i was famous she would never be so public. we are a team so why give others ammo against me.

as for brady, he probably wanted out anyhow. she was a big mouth as well. remember the whole "he cant throw and catch the ball as well" after the Edelman drop. or her wanting to get credit for his career success because of her witchcraft (not a joke.) imagine someone like that in public. makes you wonder what private time looks like. yikes.

Having a discussion after every season aka bringing it up all the time. You're blowing things out of proportion.

if i was famous she would never be so public.

Ah this explains your mindset. No further conversation necessary

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Listen to her podcast

ew shiver GIF by Chicks on the Right

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yes married. happy life without being whipped. she is as supportive as they come. i see other wives squeezing the drive and life out of their husbands. then again, my wife understands that i've always had plans and like to build, and she likes that, and her support has increased our success. if i was famous she would never be so public. we are a team so why give others ammo against me.

as for brady, he probably wanted out anyhow. she was a big mouth as well. remember the whole "he cant throw and catch the ball as well" after the Edelman drop. or her wanting to get credit for his career success because of her witchcraft (not a joke.) imagine someone like that in public. makes you wonder what private time looks like. yikes.

One of the most BS quotes of all time and I'm married. Should be both are happy in a marriage not just the wife. Don't wanna be like a guy at work I know that is like I'm happily married, she's happy and I'm married lol.
You guys the man. But myself I have always considered my wife and family first. Just me I guess. And while ideally everything should be 50/50. In my experience it never is and I am ok with that. Again just me.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You guys the man. But myself I have always considered my wife and family first. Just me I guess. And while ideally everything should be 50/50. In my experience it never is and I am ok with that. Again just me.
Don't get me wrong, if making your wife happy is what makes ya happy then I'm all for it. I put my family first as well but I'm also of the belief that we are all in charge of our own happiness and we should strive for that. It's just when I hear that saying, it's usually people that don't want to piss their wife off so they walk on eggshells which is not how it should work. Both should be happy. I agree with you that nothing is 50/50 as well especially when you here that phrase, "I need your muscles," and proceed to carry something that weighs 1000 pounds lol.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

100%

Protect, provide, love

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
My wife considers herself and her family first as well.

Ram65

Legend
Stafford would be foolish not to consider retirement. After the last stretch of games, I think he should retire. He has a wife, a family, and more than enough money. He also has his Super Bowl ring!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't blame Stafford's wife for speaking up. If he suffers CTE, she's the one who will have to care for him. She has every right to want to protect his health, particularly when they're financially secure. If he retires, I won't blame him. I knew this was a possibility when we traded for him.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I feel like a shit for bringing this up, since my last two posts seemed to start something (Evans sucks, then 2 weeks later it seems that take is national news… and Stafford maybe retiring…)

Maybe i should start another outrageous thread that’s positive…

Breaking: Rams make blockbuster deal for Lamar Jackson!

Too soon?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel like a shit for bringing this up, since my last two posts seemed to start something (Evans sucks, then 2 weeks later it seems that take is national news… and Stafford maybe retiring…)

Maybe i should start another outrageous thread that’s positive…

Breaking: Rams make blockbuster deal for Lamar Jackson!

Too soon?
Honestly, it would be kind of hilarious if our first round pick traded for Stafford results in the Lions trading up for a potential franchise QB, which results in them getting rid of Goff, and then we bring Goff back to replace the retiring Stafford as a bridge QB.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wonder if we could grab and sit Zach Wilson behind Stafford in 2023?

Could McVay salvage him?

I have seen VERY LITTLE of Wilson as a pro, but he was right there with Trevor Lawrence for me in that class.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Could McVay salvage him?

I have seen VERY LITTLE of Wilson as a pro, but he was right there with Trevor Lawrence for me in that class.

He's on a 1st round contract though, will make almost 10 mill between 23 & 24 guaranteed
That's a lot of cheddar for a project
I suppose if he is released and clears waivers, he could be signed for league minimum and Jets pick up the difference?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's on a 1st round contract though, will make almost 10 mill between 23 & 24 guaranteed
That's a lot of cheddar for a project
I suppose if he is released and clears waivers, he could be signed for league minimum and Jets pick up the difference?
Eeew. Yeah… That is a lot of $.

I am not sure the Jets are desperate enough to give up on him, anyway.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Could McVay salvage him?

I live in NYC and have seen every snap of Zach Wilson's career; and I don't know if he can play.

First-off, New York is a weird sports-town. Especially with pro football. Especially with the Jets. NY fans think the Jets teams, their head coaches and their quarterbacks are either great or awful. There is no in-between. And the opinions change from week-to-week! It's like nothing I have observed anywhere else.

Thought the Jets rushed to start Wilson in Week 1 of his rookie season. Thought the talent around him was awful in 2021 (reminded me of Goff's rookie season). The Jets' had a lot of injuries last season. Did not feel like I could reasonably or accurately judge Wilson's play. Plus, he had a mid-year injury.

Thought the Jets did a really good job in up-grading their offensive talent in the off-season; and 2022 would be a good opportunity to evaluate Wilson. Nope. At least not in my opinion. He was injured in the first pre-season game; and did not play until Week 4 of the Regular Season.

Injuries hit the Jets' OL almost as hard as it has hit the Rams. Almost. The Jets have lost 5 of the top-10 OL for a significant number of games. For the Rams, it's 8 of their top-10.

Right now, Wilson looks lost. Mechanics are poor. Short throws have way too much air on them; and he is badly short-hopping longer passes over-the-middle. By-the-way, Robert Saleh's defense looks exactly like the Niners' defense, with eight DL rotating; and the Jets' defenders don't tackle. They blow-up opponents.

While many Jets' fans and much of the equally-fickle NY-sports-media want the Jets to move-on, I don't believe the Jets want to do that. Saleh and GM Joe Douglas are really tied to Zach Wilson.

Personally, I thought Sam Darnold was better with the Jets than what I have see thus far with Wilson. Darnold is the guy that I would like to see the Rams make a move-on in the off-season. Depending upon how he finishes-out in Carolina, Darnold seems like a practical and reasonable option to back-up Stafford.

Darnold should be affordable. Maybe just a one-year deal. Come home to California after a rough experience on the East Coast (God-less New Yorkers!). Play for an offensive head coach. Behind an older QB, coming off injuries, Re-charge, re-focus. Maybe it turns into a great opportunity. Despite this being his fifth season, Darnold is only 25. He has mobility; and handles himself well (based on my observations when he was in NY).

Another thing to consider ... for anyone that would like the Rams to up-grade at back-up QB ... is that there are not 32 good NFL starting-QBs. Most of the decent options that may be available, will be looking for opportunities to start; and will get paid pretty well. Being realistic, Sam Darnold makes some sense.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He was pounded this year behind a offensive line that this Rams Administration may or may not be able to build.

Of course he's going to consider it but I think he's too competitive and he'll be back.

He's not done yet.

Because I also follow Carolina I know they're about ready to release Baker Mayfield which is ridiculous because he never really got a chance at Carolina.

And and we know he can play.

I see Baker being an excellent backup for a couple years and then still have enough in him to take over for a couple more.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I think I might prefer us drafting a guy that McVay likes in the 4-6th round and groom/develop that guy to take over in 1-3 years. Maybe even 3rd round if they believe he can be the guy.

The 2nd chance former top pick guys can be looked it as well in the meantime. But for the LT, I want a young buck that McVay can mold into his guy.

Tano

Legend
Not a good strategy.
I have to ask - who would you go for if the lions get a high top 5 pick and Houston gets the top QB

I am watching Michigan vs Ohio State and CJ Stroud is okay but that much better than Goff - doubtful

Edit - he is two or three years away from being better than Goff IMHO

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
Yep if I was Detroit I would trade down - get defensive players - maybe get another first round draft pick in 2024 if they can and get Caleb in 2024

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to ask - who would you go for if the lions get a high top 5 pick and Houston gets the top QB

I am watching Michigan vs Ohio State and CJ Stroud is okay but that much better than Goff - doubtful

Edit - he is two or three years away from being better than Goff IMHO
Bryce Young