What Vikings Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Take your homerism back to the vikes bored

As long as they obey the rules no one's going anywhere. Homerism is allowed. Btw Vikings fans, no posting in our game day thread. :sneaky:
http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28791

Week 9 Predictions: Rams @ Vikings

We have a tall task in our upcoming game vs. the Rams..

Stopping Gurley will be priority #1, This kid looks phenomenal. Reminds me of a young 28

All his runs from week 8 (vs. SF)
CheapMinorAnteater.gif

ChiefElectricGreendarnerdragonfly.gif

CautiousQuerulousBarnowl.gif

PolishedVigorousDuckbillcat.gif

EmbarrassedSimplisticIvorygull.gif

Their front 7 is extremely stout as well, and we will have a tough time opening up holes, and protecting consistently.

If we can find a way to bring Gurley back down to earth, and hold him for 60-70 yards, I think we have an extremely good chance of going 6-2.
--------
I think a good game 23-17 Vikings win
-------
28-17 vikes.
Gurley is a monster, need Floyd back.
-------
I'm not ready to make a prediction yet but i expect this to be a tough, low scoring game. The two teams are almost mirror images of each other so I expect it to be close. The Vikes will have their work cut out for them containing Gurley and Austin, both dynamic playmakers.

Gurley's going to to test the run defense like it hasn't been tested since week 1. I'm glad this is a home game. I think the Vikes will need that edge.
--------
I agree, this is going to be a tough game. Glad its at home. When it comes down to it I think I believe in Teddy more than I believe in Foles, so I'm inclined to believe we'll get the win, but injury report could be huge in this one.
---------
I agree, Jim. Home field might just be the difference.

On paper, this is one of the most evenly matched games you'll ever see. The Vikings and Rams are practically mirror images of each other statistically. St. Louis is 30th in the league offensively -- we're one spot ahead at No. 29. They're last in passing -- we're 30th. They're 3rd in rushing at 132 per game -- we're 5th at 131. They're 6th defensively -- we're 7th.

When teams are this evenly matched, it often comes down to special teams -- even those are a wash. The Vikings have a big edge in field goal kicking -- Blair Walsh is 17-of-19 in field goals, with 2-of-2 from 50+, while Greg Zuerlein is just 9-of-15, and 1-for-5 from 50+.

However, St. Louis is way ahead in punting -- Johnny Hekker averages a whopping 48.8 with 16 kicks inside the 20, while Jeff Locke averages just 41.2 with 13 balls inside the 20. Neither team has an edge in kickoff returns, while Marcus Sherels and Tavon Austin are practically mirror images in punt return average, and each has one touchdown.

I'm actually optimistic when it comes to the Vikings's ability to contain Tavon Austin in the passing game. Minnesota tends to have more trouble with big wideouts like Calvin Johnson and Alshon Jeffery than they do with small, fast guys like Tavon Austin.

However, Gurley scares the snot out of me. He's by far the best RB the Vikings have faced this year, and while our run defense has been OK, we've also struggled with the occasional big play in the running game. Make a mistake with Gurley, and it's just like AP -- 6 points.

I also worry about the Rams' pass rush. They have a very talented D-line. The Vikings looked good Sunday, but that was against a Bears front that wasn't a 10th as good as the Rams.

In short, I have no prediction. The Vikings are at home, which supposedly gives them a 3-point edge. Beyond that, it's probably going to come down to turnovers and/or penalties. Or perhaps Stefon Diggs.
--------
Minnesota leads the league in punt return yards allowed (averaging 4.0 yards/return). St. Louis is 12th at 7.5 yards/return. Thanks for the stats. St. Louis really does mirror us. It would be a great game for Patterson to bust one, however Zuerlein has only allowed 8 returns this season. Maybe wind could factor in, though. I agree that it could prove to be the difference in this one. That and the turnover ratio.

St. Louis has allowed 7 rushes of 20+ yards (to Minnesota's 1) so maybe Peterson can bust a couple but it'll be tough sledding against that rush defense.

Austin is slippery. The Vikings will need to continue to tackle well and not allow a single miscue or that, too, could be the game. They will need to be incredibly disciplined while continuing to not shoot themselves in the foot with penalties that kill their own drives while extending the Rams'.

We need Floyd back something fierce and Griffen to be healthy (he's been pretty stout lately vs. the run and can get out to the edge to chase RBs down and not let them get the edge). On paper our defensive line (healthy) should be an advantage vs. their offensive line. Of course, they can say the same in reverse and it's probably more dramatic.

Yep. Trench warfare at its finest in this one. Teddy is going to be under a ton of heat all day. Let's see what Norv puts together.
-------
Does anyone know if Sharif Floyd will be back? The Vikings sure could use him against a force like Gurley.

The Vikings OL absolutely must not be porous in this game. They have to open holes for AD, plus they really need to block well against the Rams pass rush.

No prediction from me yet.
--------
I wanted to chime in and make a point that has not been brought up yet. I live near St Louis so I see many of their games and of course around tons of fan talk everyday. Offensive play calling is completely different imo. Norv is fairly conservative. Cignetti will not hesitate to take more chances.

Plus their punt return team pulled an awesome fake to one side last year......can't remember who the opponent was. Bottom line I think they have more tricks up their sleeve than the Viks. Hope that is not the difference maker. The key to a Vikings win here is stopping Gurley......if we can do that Viks24 Rams17
---------
I do not know of any top notch teams that rely on trick plays to win games. In fact, it is just the opposite, good teams line up and play hard nosed, disciplined systems and get the great results that happen when they do.

As far as this game with the Rams, if the Vikes can't beat them at home, with the momentum that they currently have, then I do not even want to entertain the idea of them going to the play-offs. So that being said, I see a 10 point margin and win by the Purple Guys.
rock.gif

---------
I don't think any team relies on trick plays, but the Super Bowl has been influenced heavily by trick plays in recent years with the Saints' onside kick and Antwaan Randle El's TD pass for the Steelers. I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. Good teams definitely utilize them.
--------
Both Teddy and AP were kinda beat up by the end of the Bear game......not knowing their status,esp Teddy, makes predictions pretty impossible. But, given the number of hits Teddy took against a Bears team that is a bottom dweller and has guys signed off the street, the Rams are likely to knock Teddy around pretty badly.

Conversely, our D showed a brief period of aggressiveness last week in the first quarter, then promptly crawled into their turtle shell for the last 3 quarters. Very perplexing! Why take pressure off Cutler, who is as fragile a brain as there is ......If Teddy is healthy, I hope for 17-16 Vikes is a brutal game pounded out on the ground.
--------
Foles has concrete blocks for feet. Vikings should get after and get after him early. 8 in the box and stop Gurley! Rams are tough on defense, but their inability to score is what loses them this game. If the Vikings offense shows up, they should beat the Rams pretty good. If not, it'll be close, but Vikings will win.

It's good to be home.
--------
Would be cool to see both teams wear throwback uni's this sunday. Vikings and Rams had a good rivalry back in the day. Well, not all good. I can still picture Tommy Kramer convulsing on the ground like it was yesterday.
--------
I fear Teddy is going to be running for his life in this one. Aaron Donald vs. Fusco/Berger?

*shudders*

And that doesn't even take into consideration Chris Long, Michael Brockers, Robert Quinn, Akeem Ayers or James Laurinaitis.
--------
I am thinking a tough game!
24-17 vikings

Hoping to contain gurley and leave it in Foles hands.

Their D line scares me but I hope that our coaches are prepared for it.
---------
If the Vikings are trying to fix their red zone offense, now is not a good time to play against the Rams.
---------
http://www.vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28796

Here are the enemy fan forums of the week:

Rams on Demand
http://www.ramsondemand.com/forums/rams-nfl-talk.26/

Click their board link above to read it. Too many of our quotes to post.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Did you just make a post about what Vikings fans think about what Rams fans think about what Vikings fans think?

Dude....

Nothing gets by you, eh? :sneaky:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/04/who-gets-shut-down-in-gurley-vs-peterson-i/

Who gets shut down in Gurley vs. Peterson I?
Posted by Mike Florio on November 4, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq5otblzwjhymm4yze5odfhmjgzzgfjymflzgvjntrm1-e1446676938883.jpeg
AP

They’ll never be on the field at the same time, but they’ll be the focal point of Sundays game between the Rams and the Vikings. They’re also the subject of Wednesday’s Pro Football Talk on NBCSN poll question.

Todd Gurley vs. Adrian Peterson, for the first time ever. Which one gets shut down?

Chime in below, and then tune in at 6:00 p.m. ET for the outcome of the poll question, plus plenty of other stuff relating to the looming ninth weekend of the 2015 NFL season.

That’s 6:00 p.m. ET. Rodney Harrison, Paul Burmeister, me, you. NBCSN.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
So many Vikings fans are quick to say Gurley is like AP. On the other hand, no Ram fan is trying to make that comparison. Why? Because Ram and Viking fans both know Gurley is better than AP already. Seriously, he straight up has more power and a better stiff arm. AP tries to shake and wiggle more.

Let me put it this way. If I could have any RB in the NFL for one season, I would want Todd Gurley because he is the best. Even the Vikings fans know it.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm still trying to figure out how one of their fans could say that he isn't impressed by how we beat the 49ers when they lost to the 49ers?????o_O

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
That dude claiming to watch our last two games. Wow.

We let the Browns and 9ners stay in it?

We let McCown and Kap get yardage? McCown kinda but yards aren't important. Kap got yards though? He had like 4 yards per attempt and around 150 passing. How is that letting up yards?

NorvZimmer

UDFA
So many Vikings fans are quick to say Gurley is like AP. On the other hand, no Ram fan is trying to make that comparison. Why? Because Ram and Viking fans both know Gurley is better than AP already. Seriously, he straight up has more power and a better stiff arm. AP tries to shake and wiggle more.

Let me put it this way. If I could have any RB in the NFL for one season, I would want Todd Gurley because he is the best. Even the Vikings fans know it.
He has played 4 games. Already labeled best in the game? And better than a hall of famer?
Ok Homer Simpson

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
BE REAL TODD GURLEY Has not even hit his stride yet with this OL and limited time like a pitch count from Coach Fisher. Gurley just one game ago took off his knee brace and has not even had his BLOWOUT 4th Quarter he normally hits planets and stars with his Jets and Rockets just getting into the Gears he had before injury. He is recording Higher speeds 4 games in a row. Todd owns the 4th quarter as all RAMS fans know. Maybe its due to the "D" just not as sharp but GURLEYII is getting Fresher and Fresher. Yet Todd sat out the last 5 of the third and 4th quarter as Fisher was thinking save the Jets for the purple boys.

Hope your ready for the passing of the torch as TG has worked his freaking ASS off since his injury JUST FOR THIS MOMENT. Like Gale Sayers TGII only needs 16 inches and some green grass ahead. Former Olympic Hurdler and Sprinter with great vision.:shocked:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He has played 4 games. Already labeled best in the game? And better than a hall of famer?
Ok Homer Simpson

Not saying who I would choose one way or another, but if you could have any RB in the NFL right now, who would it be?!!! :argue:

p.s. A hall of famer at the back end of his career is not as good as a record setting beast of a rookie, just saying.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok Homer Simpson
Actually a lot of us like to think he's the second coming of Eric Dickerson. A back that nobody has ever entered the NFL like before or since. Three 1800 yard seasons in his first four years. Only Barry Sanders and OJ Simpson have more than one of those to go with Dickerson and his 3.

Back to the game though it should be a great game to watch if you like defense. Looking forward to it.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
Ok Homer Simpson

Like others have pointed out, we are not comparing careers, right now Gurley is playing better. That is confirmed by the stats and eyes. This is not a knock on AP as he has been the best in the league for a long time and many of those highlights have been against our Rams. I also think he has an edge when you look at the defenses. That's not a dig at the Vikes, I just think that the Rams run D is better. I do think the Vikes have a better passing game but the Rams secondary is playing extremely well. With these two team looking and playing so similarly this will be a great test for both teams with the outcome likely decided late in the game. I think the Rams pull this out 20-14, but of course since I too am a Homer!

Oh and welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy yourself.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Ok Homer Simpson
That's right. Gurley's only question mark is durability. But shoot, AP looks OK since tearing his ACL. You just never know with an ACL. Gore had two ACL tears before even getting to the NFL. Now he's the ageless wonder.

I bet you didn't know this little fun fact I discovered on my own. (May have said it already but don't remember.)

Todd Gurley had 138 rushing yards against the Niners. That was his total rushing yards for the game despite being pulled with five minutes to go... in the third quarter. BOOM!!! When was the last time AP did that... against anybody?

Here is a fun stat for you. Peterson has currently has 3 games of rushing more than 100 yards, despite a cupcake schedule, and has started all year. Gurley has started 4 games and has had over 125 yards in each. Two of those defenses were the Packers and Cardinals, both really solid defenses.

Vikings should make purple cupcakes and send them to the teams they beat but that would be cannibalism. It's not right for cupcake teams to eat cupcakes.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm still trying to figure out how one of their fans could say that he isn't impressed by how we beat the 49ers when they lost to the 49ers?????o_O
Funny.
Today I was wondering how the hell the Vikes lost to the Whiners.
They didn't just lose either, they actually made the whiners look like a good football team. Which is pretty tough to do.

My good friend and dart partner is a Vikes fan. We have a bet on which RB will have the better day.
I'm going to enjoy that free drink on his dime.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
I bet you didn't know this little fun fact I discovered on my own. (May have said it already but don't remember.)

Todd Gurley had 138 rushing yards against the Niners. That was his total rushing yards for the game despite being pulled with five minutes to go... in the third quarter. BOOM!!! When was the last time AP did that... against anybody?

Here is a fun stat for you. Peterson has currently has 3 games of rushing more than 100 yards, despite a cupcake schedule, and has started all year. Gurley has started 4 games and has had over 125 yards in each. Two of those defenses were the Packers and Cardinals, both really solid defenses.

Vikings should make purple cupcakes and send them to the teams they beat but that would be cannibalism. It's not right for cupcake teams to eat cupcakes.
Peterson was pulled at the 7:48 mark in the 4th quarter after gaining 212 yards on 24 attempts. Dec. 16, 2012. Team the Vikings were playing. The Rams. In St. Louis.

BTW, the Packers rushing defense is ranked 25th in yards given up per game for rushing.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Peterson was pulled at the 7:48 mark in the 4th quarter after gaining 212 yards on 24 attempts. Dec. 16, 2012. Team the Vikings were playing. The Rams. In St. Louis.

BTW, the Packers rushing defense is ranked 25th in yards given up per game for rushing.

2012... thank you lol

Michael Brockers rookie season and nobody even knew who Aaron Donald was yet. Boy I'm goona enjoy watching the pounding our defense lays on the Vikings. I wonder if they'll even break 300 yards of total offense. That'd be a good over/under.

And something underrated about our defense is its the best Red Zone defense in the NFL. Nobody has given up fewer offensive TD's.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Thank you for that lovely trip down memory lane.

Back to this weekend. That same Packers defense is 26th in the NFL in yards per carry at 4.7 the team right ahead of them in 25th? Oh that's this years version of the Vikings defense at 4.4 ypc. By contrast the Rams this year are surrendering 3.7 ypc in 17 more carries. Interesting what you find when you dig a little deeper into statistics.