What Vikings Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Have you seen them play for the Vikings? That's all that matters.

Exactly.
Most fans had no idea who Kupp was either when draft time came.
They have talent on O. The Rams have to stop the up the middle runs, have to. If Keenum can use effective play action the Onmay have to score 38 to win. Despite all of recent success on O that will be a tall order vs a very good D on the road.
It's a good test.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Prime Time
In that one tweet it says Keenum isn't seeing the field well and doesn't throw to wide open receivers? Then how is he completing so many passes.

I can answer the second question. Because they're freaking great wrs. The rams secondary is gonna have their hands full with diggs and theilen. The pass rush needs to get to case and stop those long balls to these two studs.

You answered both questions. When their O-line is keeping CK(no not Colin Kaepernick, Case Keenum) :sneaky: clean, then he can hit those receivers with ease. Any decent NFL quarterback can tear a defense apart when he has time to pass. The Rams' front seven has to put the heat on Case on every play by rotating players to keep them fresh in order to expose him for what he is, an average backup QB.
*********************************************************************************
https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Board...ay-calm-and-no-hero-ball-verse-Rams-110464489

Case, stay calm and no hero ball verse Rams

We know it's your former team that let you go, but please stay within yourself and the gameplan. You've been playing well, with the exception of 2 errant throws verses the Skins.

Keep the game simple and don't get too hyped to prove a point.

Let's get Treadwell his first TD and keep spreading the ball around.
----------
as long as the oline gives him time, he will be fine. Right now there is no one that can cover diggs or theilen for longer than 3 seconds
----------
http://www.startribune.com/pat-shur...e-vikings-offense-is-catching-fire/457309113/

Pat Shurmur's unpredictable, creative Vikings offense is catching fire
Fooling defenses, spreading the wealth has resulted in 71 points in the past two games.
By Ben Goessling/Star Tribune

The Viking Age

As the Vikings huddled up in the final minute of Sunday’s second quarter, set to run a play with three tight ends from the Redskins’ 2-yard line, Kyle Rudolph had a specific set of instructions for David Morgan.

So sure was Rudolph that the play — which called for Jerick McKinnon to line up in the slot and fake an end around while Morgan slipped off the line of scrimmage — would work that his only advice centered around what Morgan should do after his first NFL touchdown catch.

“Rudy’s like, ‘Hey, I want you to flatten this ball as hard as you can,’ ” Morgan said on Monday.

As fullback C.J. Ham motioned out of the backfield to a tight end spot, Redskins linebacker Will Compton started pointing at McKinnon, recognizing the play was similar to the one the Vikings had run for a 1-yard TD two weeks earlier against the Browns. Only this time, Morgan released on a route while the Redskins’ defense followed McKinnon, and stood waiting for Case Keenum to deliver the ball.

“It slowed down a lot,” Morgan said. “I knew right at the snap of the ball, it was a matter of me turning my head around and Case just dropping it on me.”

The Texas-San Antonio product, one of five different Vikings to score touchdowns Sunday, is part of an ensemble cast that’s added a layer of unpredictability to the Vikings’ offense.

The team, with 71 points in its past two games, ranks 10th in the NFL in points and ninth in yards, despite losing Sam Bradford and Dalvin Cook.

The Vikings have survived those losses with impressive performances from established players such as Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs, but offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur’s ability to expand the playbook has helped the Vikings stay ahead of defenses.

Jarius Wright’s touchdown, which came on a 7-yard screen behind blocks from Thielen and guard Joe Berger, was one of six snaps this season where the Vikings used four receivers and no tight end. Ham, who played 12 snaps Sunday, helped the Vikings extend a drive with a 3-yard gain on a 3rd-and-1 in the fourth quarter.

The Vikings scored on all five of their red zone trips Sunday. Each one of their scores came out of a different personnel group.

“You just never know what you’re going to get with this offense,” Wright said. “So many guys can do so many different things, and I think that’s what actually helps us be so versatile with this offense.”

In addition to unpacking a suitcase of different personnel groups, Shurmur and wide receivers coach Darrell Hazell have trained the team’s receivers to play any spot in the offense — a departure from how the group functioned under former offensive coordinator Norv Turner.

That’s helped the Vikings create more high-tempo drives — “I might get caught on this side, and I don’t have to run 50 yards to the other side of the field to be where I’m supposed to be,” Wright said last week — and it’s made the group more difficult to prepare for as a whole.

“You’ve got to do an awful lot of studying, because typically guys like to do certain things out of certain spots,” Zimmer said, when asked how receiver versatility stresses a defensive coordinator.

“Guys are out of position in one spot and out of position in another spot and then they do different things out of those areas.

“Then you’ve got to figure out all your man coverage rules and your zone coverage rules. It makes it a lot more complicated and difficult.”

Given the fact they’ve used two different starting quarterbacks, and three different starting running backs, the Vikings might have acquired some unpredictability as a silver lining from their injury issues.

But Shurmur’s playbook, culled from his upbringing in the West Coast offense and flavored with influences from his days as Chip Kelly’s offensive coordinator in Philadelphia, has incorporated enough elements that the Vikings are hard to typecast.

At 7-2 and coming off their best offensive showing, they’re reaping the rewards of their eclectic approach.

“[Shurmur’s] done a great job of incorporating a lot of different people,” Morgan said. “When you can mix things up like that, it’s hard for defenses to catch on to you.”
----------
The O line has had a couple of good games against horrible defenses.
-----------
This coaching staff is for the most part, a joke. They have wins against crappy teams and lost to mid level teams. They haven't played a superior team yet.
-----------
Zimmer is currently 33-24 as a head coach after inheriting one of the worst defenses in NFL history.
----------
LOL this is laughable.

Ya, it is great until the Vikings play a team that has an actual Defense or a winning record.
---------
Sherminator has done a nice job! Case is now the third ranked qb in total qbr.
---------
I am not saying that Case is Favre, but I sense some of the same personality and some similar skill sets as Favre had.

The coaches are working hard to make it work with him, that was clear to me when they had Teddy put his helmet on when he started to come un glued after the two interceptions. These coaches know they want Case as the QB

At this stage, I would say the Vikings could be super bowl bound if Case continues to build his game.......... He KIND OF reminds me of Favre
----------
to compare Keenum to Favre is just blasphemy. Poor fans getting excited because like always at the end of the day the vikings will choke.
---------
The Rams have a good record but only because they beat even scrubbier teams than the Vikings did. The Rams lost to Seattle and Washington (the team the Vikings nearly lost to on Sunday). They beat the Giants, Cards, 49er's, Cowboys, Jags, Texans and Colts. Other than the Cowboys, the rest are heading to 6 wins and under for the season.

The Rams are better than last year, but still not even near an elite or even top tiered team.
---------
Stop being homers.

The Vikings are not that talented of a team and neither Teddy nor Case is that talented of a QB. Oh, but Case is ranked number 3 QB by ESPN. Listen to their videos and read their website. Even with that number 3 rating, ESPN STILL doesn't think Case is QB Starting Material. It's because the Vikings have played POOR Teams.

They almost got beat by one on Sunday. That game was 3 minutes away from Washington tying it up. They adapted and the Viking Coaches showed us their weakness of never being able to adapt once their gameplan isn't working. Washington figured out a way to get to them, it just happened to late into the game.

The Vikings will be lucky to beat any other teams that will end up in the playoffs, in fact, I bet they won't. It's just a good thing they have a Puff schedule.
----------
Saints?
----------
The Saints? We played them the first game of the year, since then, they have changed many things. But even that, they have played a bunch of losing teams like the Vikings. Unless you think the Bears, Rodgersless GB, Texans, Miami, Tampa, etc are great teams this year? LOL.
----------
The difference between good and bad teams is that the good ones find ways to win when game gets close. It was a blowout until the 2 int's. However, the Vikings answered with a huge FG to put the lead at 11. The defense came up with two huge stops to stop one drive on 4th down and the other they only came away with a FG.

That's the sign of a good team-they did not panic and team stepped up to put it away.
---------
Great job by Shurmer. However with the vikings up in the 4th quarter we needed to run the ball more. Especially after the first pick no way should we be throwing back to back INT's. That needs to be communicated to Case as well as the OC so that does not happen again.
---------
Washington found our weakness and nearly beat us as our coaches have no answer to any sort of adjustments.
---------
Shurmur is doing a great job of calling the right plays at key moments in the game. He uses all the talent he has effectively with a back up quarterback thanks to a vastly improved offensive line. But this team still wins with defense.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I love how the Vikings of all teams, claim we haven’t played anyone. We are a very different team then we were in week 5. Good teams don’t find ways to win, they blow out lesser teams. Queens haven’t done that except for a couple games.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fans of the Rams and Vikings know the ins and outs of their respective teams.

The rest of the country is going to find out this week, because, for the first time in a long time, a Vikings-Rams game is going to have serious implications.

Get your popcorn – and the attention of the national media – ready.
This^^^ can't be stressed enough!!(y):D GO RAMS!!:party:

Last edited:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Minnesota has a great roster and they are really well coached.

However, the Rams SHOULD win this game. Why? Because the Rams have an even more talented roster and better coaching. We have a better offense, a better defense and better special teams. Our Coaches are better than theirs. Diggs and Thielen are really good but Woods and Watkins and Kupp are better. Keenum has moxie and is a gamer. Goff has talent and is a real Quarterback.

From top to bottom, left to right, in alphabetical order or numerical... you can write it down in english or ancient Assyrian. No matter how you split it, splice it or shake it up, the Los Angeles RAMS are the best team in the league.
Will they win? Maybe, but not without playing at their best. Minnesota is no joke. Neither are the Eagles or Saints or the Titans for that matter... and yet I feel no internal dilemma when I say that I think the Rams will win the majority of our upcoming games against those teams. The better team doesn't always win, but they do win the majority of the time and as long as the Rams continue to respect their opponents and bring their A-game, they will too.
You got me all fired up @badnews
Great post!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Delusional Vikings Fan said:
This coaching staff is for the most part, a joke. They have wins against crappy teams and lost to mid level teams. They haven't played a superior team yet.
200.gif

When this Vikings fan looks in the mirror he must see this...
200.gif

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
I love how the Vikings of all teams, claim we haven’t played anyone. We are a very different team then we were in week 5. Good teams don’t find ways to win, they blow out lesser teams. Queens haven’t done that except for a couple games.
I wonder, how would the Rams be doing with their back up QB playing and Gurley out for the year?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I wonder, how would the Rams be doing with their back up QB playing and Gurley out for the year?
We'd be doing well still. Sean Mannion is every bit the backup QB that Keemun is. Malcolm Brown has proven to be a quality backup as well. The biggest thing is McVay schemes to his players strength, we wouldn't be clicking along at 33 points a game but I'm confident McVay would have us succeeding still.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
We'd be doing well still. Sean Mannion is every bit the backup QB that Keemun is. Malcolm Brown has proven to be a quality backup as well. The biggest thing is McVay schemes to his players strength, we wouldn't be clicking along at 33 points a game but I'm confident McVay would have us succeeding still.
Yeah, but would they be blowing them out? Or just winning?

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The RAMS have very capable backups not that you would know that, it all comes down to the system so let me introduce you to Sean McVay!
Sean-McVay.jpg

sean-mcvay2.jpg

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
There shouldn't be an excuse period. Good teams will always have a contingency plan when good players go down. I think we would fair fine "if" any of those players you mentioned went down.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
FWIW, Strength of Schedule so far according to ESPN. These are the top ten easiest schedules so far this year.

Code:
Philadelphia Eagles  .398
Los Angeles Rams     .398
Tennessee Titans     .402
Seattle Seahawks     .410
Dallas Cowboys       .439
Pittsburgh Steelers  .451
Arizona Cardinals    .464
Minnesota Vikings    .469
Indianapolis Colts   .473
Buffalo Bills        .476

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
There shouldn't be an excuse period. Good teams will always have a contingency plan when good players go down. I think we would fair fine "if" any of those players you mentioned went down.
That's what Packer fans thought.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
We've been lucky w/ good health. Hopefully it continues. But the would it, should it, will it game, doesn't really prove or solve anything. We as fans of the Rams, feel they are better. You as a fan of the Vikings, feel they are. So far nothing I've said is incorrect. Going forward, we might not agree on the next set of observations. But that's where we are at.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
First team to 28 wins this game.
I don't think the Vikes score 28....but I'm a homer...

I do agree, our schedule hasn't been shit....but we treated them as such...only one squeaker win...the 9ers.

Case will turn the ball over, and lose this game for you....

Zim should definitely start Teddy...

Good luck on the rest of the year....Hopefully, we'll see you next year with a 100% healthy team.
Hoyer 23-37-332-2-1
Man:dizzy:.....best numbers against us....

I'm a lil worried about this game at the end of the year.

Game will come down to turnovers. If no turnovers, Rams have advantage
We win....if we win the turnover battle....and I believe Keenum will give us 3....Son of bum knows Case from Houston....and I think Denver played us when Case was QB here.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I already answered that. We wouldn't be scoring 33 a game. But you might not be aware of the fact we've given up 3 less points year to date. We're winning by 15 points a game, we have some room to give.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
That's what Packer fans thought.
Thank god I am not a Packers fan. A lot of teams this year are going through the same suck-hole the Rams have been going through for the past decade, fans are just going to have to suck it the f up.