What the Panther fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
These guys are cracking me up over at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.carolilnahuddle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.carolilnahuddle.com</a>. They are now telling me that their team is going to win due to "higher offensive and defensive potential".

Anonymous

RamzFanz said:
Joat said:
Please, tell me what positions you are superior at.

The Rams are 12th in points scored. The Panthers are 24th.

...and our kicker is better!

Our offense has struggled, I'll give you that. We move the ball pretty well but shoot ourselves in the foot in the RedZone.

Anonymous

RamzFanz said:
iced said:
QB, D-line, TE, CB, OLB, Kicker, Red Zone offense (3rd in league)

That.

QB, DL, TE, K are a push at best.

OLB- I don'tknow anything about your LB's, but I wouldn't take anyone over SLB Thomas Davis. Our Will is Chase Blackburn and he's solid.

CB, I'll give you that one. We're starting an aging FA, a 7th round pick and a couple UDFA's. However, they're playing pretty well. They're opportunistic, but will give up catches. They're good about keeping everything in front of them.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Joat said:
RamzFanz said:
Joat said:

The Rams are 12th in points scored. The Panthers are 24th.

...and our kicker is better!

Our offense has struggled, I'll give you that. We move the ball pretty well but shoot ourselves in the foot in the RedZone.

Similar to what Houston did last Sunday. The TO battle, as always, very well could determine the outcome. I like our odds in that comparison.

iced

Joat said:
RamzFanz said:
iced said:
QB, D-line, TE, CB, OLB, Kicker, Red Zone offense (3rd in league)

That.

QB, DL, TE, K are a push at best.

OLB- I don'tknow anything about your LB's, but I wouldn't take anyone over SLB Thomas Davis. Our Will is Chase Blackburn and he's solid.

CB, I'll give you that one. We're starting an aging FA, a 7th round pick and a couple UDFA's. However, they're playing pretty well. They're opportunistic, but will give up catches. They're good about keeping everything in front of them.

TE I can argue about Push but I still think we do because all you have is Olsen - we have Cook (receiver) AND Kendricks (Dual threat, more than solid in blocking and receiving, 2nd round pick last year, can run)

Kicker? not a chance. no one has the accuracy nor leg that Zeurline has. First kicker in history to hit a 55+ and a 60+ in the same game (59, 61 vs Seattle last year). He has enough leg to make it from 64/65 yards out (I watched him miss last year in Miami live, wind didn't help him with the kick as it was wide left, however it had the leg). For us, it's not a question of if Young GZ (Greg zeurline) will break the record, but when.

QB - Until Cam shows up and is consistent, Bradford has this all the way. 13/3, only guys with a better ratio are Romo (14/3) and Peyton (don't need to list it). Cam is 9/5.

Also, when in the redzone, bradford gets this team in the endzone. You guys keep faltering - either way, our QB is performing better and more successful then Newton has been...more importantly, Bradford is consistent. Two games in a row now with 3+ passing td's, one against the pass defense in the league (Houston had the best going into the game sunday)

OLB - Dunbar and Ogletree (1st round pick).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joat said:
I never said we shut Spiller down. I said we have a very good rud D and have played against Lynch, Peterson and Spiller. A very talented group of RB's. Only one was able to do anything against us.

Two of the three did "something" against you. The only one you "shutdown" was Lynch. Next you're going to tell me that Carolina shutdown Andre Ellington too.

Joat said:
RamzFanz said:
Joat said:
I never said we shut Spiller down. I said we have a very good rud D and have played against Lynch, Peterson and Spiller. A very talented group of RB's. Only one was able to do anything against us.

Bradford is superior to Newton in all stats except rushing yards.

He has better stats at this point, that doesn't make him the superior player.

Joat said:
You're just making up excuses to dismiss stats and wins- I could easily do the same with you guys, but it's pointless.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2MPoqqzwdY[/youtube]

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BigRamFan said:
These guys are cracking me up over at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.carolilnahuddle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.carolilnahuddle.com</a>. They are now telling me that their team is going to win due to "higher offensive and defensive potential".

They easily could win. Lets not get too big of heads.

Graphicker

Starter
Panthers defense is legit. They are inconsistent as us as well and that is there issue.
The Cards where able to beat them and that's a huge positive for us...

Sucks that we play them on the road but hey, Let's build some got damm character.
I would love a win but there strenght is a our weakness on Defense and they get
Stewart back as well. Dayuuum.

We're gonna have to force Cam into making T.O's which we all know he is capable of making.

This is going to be a low scoring game and we're going to rely on Geeezy if we're to win..

Come on Rams make it 3 straight baby..

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
jrry32 said:
BigRamFan said:
These guys are cracking me up over at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.carolilnahuddle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.carolilnahuddle.com</a>. They are now telling me that their team is going to win due to "higher offensive and defensive potential".

They easily could win. Lets not get too big of heads.

Never said they couldn't win, neither here nor there. I was merely commenting on some of the "logic" over there. How anyone can claim higher offensive potential with an aging offense is beyond me. And, I believe our D is "potentially" at least as good as their's.

Anonymous

Panthers shut AP down. Half his yards came on one run in the second half with the game in hand. Shortly there after he was replaced by Gerhart for the rest of the game.

The vast majority of his runs were no gains or stopped behind the LOS.

Our Kicker is 6/6 on the year with a long of 53, he's a push with anyone this season and that's all that really matters. You do have an excellent K, but we couldn't ask for more from Gano.

Cam is having to struggle through a new OC who's trying to figure out his identity. I'll stick with Cam, you can have Sam. Despite Sam having an additional year in the NFL he only has 1763 more passing yards than Cam. Cam has also accounted for 115 TD's to Sam's 60. That's with one less year in the league and no offseason coming into his rookie year. Cam has his faults, but he has a high ceiling he's not even close to yet.

Our SLB is playing at an All Pro level, against Minny he was a one man wrecking crew. He can do it all and he's also a former 1st round pick...for whatever difference that makes. Blackburn is a heady, solid LB who makes very few mistakes. I have no beef with him at all.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ogletree is more than likely going to win rookie of the year if he keeps doing what he is doing. Davis is to often injured for my taste, when healthy he is very solid. I wouldn't say e is a pro bowler. Blackburn is nothing but a stop gap for you guys. He is a solid guy but will never be anything more than that. MLB-easily a win by you guys tho. What I don't get is how you keep taking away Petersons long run. That's what he does. He get 20 yards on 10 carries then bust an 80 harder on people. He also wasn't all there this week. And please, let's not put Gano in the conversation with Zurlein. If someone is starting a franchise and they get to pick the kicker, it's hands down GZ. By far the best leg in the pros. Not even a close second. Gano has the same average, but GZ can his 53 in his sleep. You guys would still win the special teams battle because despite how good Tayvon has been on PR, we get a penalty damn near every time.

Anonymous

Davis was healthy all last year and hasn't had any issues this year. His play is All Pro worthy- he was widely recognized as an emerging star before the injury bug nearly took his leg off.

Blackburn is a stopgap, but he's been a very good one. We drafted a LB that will eventually fill his shoes now that Beason has been sent to the Giants. That was a trade we could afford because of how well the other two are playing.

Kiko Alonso is going to give Olgetree a run for his money and Star has been mentioned, though DT's rarely win.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I agree with Kiko, but I think Ogletree is just being used properly. I felt terrible for Davis, dude was one of my favorites coming out of college. Unfortunately he plays for the panthers, as Laurainitis does for the rams. They will never be the big market attention getters of the other LBs. It's that much harder for them. As far as Star goes, you got him for a steal.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joat said:
Panthers shut AP down. Half his yards came on one run in the second half with the game in hand. Shortly there after he was replaced by Gerhart for the rest of the game.

Detroit shut him down too...I mean if you remove the 78 yard TD...he only had 15 yards on 17 carries.

That's what Peterson does. It's always been what he does. Gets contained and then rips off a big run.

You didn't shut him down. You can't argue that the Panthers did. You can't remove plays that you don't like.

Adrian Peterson's team slowed him down more than the Panthers did. That's the truth.

Cam is having to struggle through a new OC who's trying to figure out his identity. I'll stick with Cam, you can have Sam. Despite Sam having an additional year in the NFL he only has 1763 more passing yards than Cam. Cam has also accounted for 115 TD's to Sam's 60. That's with one less year in the league and no offseason coming into his rookie year. Cam has his faults, but he has a high ceiling he's not even close to yet.

First you say you can't ignore stats then you say stats don't matter in the case of Sam vs. Cam and now you cherry-pick the stats you like. Where is the consistency? Make an argument and stick by it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Joat said:
Cam has also accounted for 115 TD's to Sam's 60.

From the stats i read, Cam has 49 passing td's and 24 rushing. I'm no math wiz, but i don't think that adds up to 115. Cam did have a beastly rookie season with his 21 passing and 14 rushing td's.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. Just read more of the Huddle board...yea...I'm just going to stop. Can't stand bad football analysis.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Joat said:

This isn't last season and this isn't last season's Rams.

SB is outperforming CN in all areas except rushing yards. CN is adding a whopping 24 yards per game more than SB.

So... you got that going for ya.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best comments ever from the Panthers board:
I wouldn't hitch any hopes on Stacey against us just because you're 2-0 with him starting. We've yet to allow a 100 yard rusher this season. Rushing stats against us in the first half have been abysmal.
that dates back to last year, 9 games in a row now.

Now...not knowing anything about the Rams...understandable. We're not really a team worth paying attention to at the moment. But not knowing your own team? That's pretty depressing:
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330915002" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330915002</a>

Last I checked...103 yards is above 100...maybe they mean a HB running for EXACTLY 100 yards. :lol:

iced

Joat said:

One dimensional offense with the biggest QB issue in the NFL... Even they would start Matt Schaub over Ponder or Cassel.

Our Kicker is 6/6 on the year with a long of 53, he's a push with anyone this season and that's all that really matters. You do have an excellent K, but we couldn't ask for more from Gano.

Mm kay, anything under 55 is almost considered a chip shot for GZ. Our guy is 9/9 and we know he can drill them from 62. Only Blair Walsh and Janikowski have such accolades.

If you think that's a wash then I don't know what to say. A 60 yard FG for us is more than makable, for you guys its probably a punt. Heck your kicker is a journeyman, he's already bounced around different teams because they don't want him...I bet GZ is a Ram for life..Hell GZ is entering his 2nd year and already has nick names: Legatron, Young GZ,etc...

I'll gladly take Sam over Cam, especially with our coordinators. Mike Sherman is terrible and vanilla; almost as bad as Pat shurmur.. Notoriously known for his "run,run,pass,punt" offense.

Sam is better with the ball and has been performing way better this season - 13/3 vs 9/5.. yea, I'll go with the guy who puts the ball in the endzone and takes care of the football.

Lol how has Cam accounted for 115? That's not even accurate.. 49 Passing TD's, 34 picks, 24 rushing TD's in 37 games.

Sam has 58 Passing TD's, 2 rushing td, and 37 picks in 48 games. Not even gonna mention 3 offenses in 4 years, unlike Cam - who had the same offense for multiple seasons

Our SLB is playing at an All Pro level, against Minny he was a one man wrecking crew. He can do it all and he's also a former 1st round pick...for whatever difference that makes. Blackburn is a heady, solid LB who makes very few mistakes. I have no beef with him at all.

health has become an issue for him. So he's good against the run... how is he covering tight ends? He'll have a big job this week if he gets kendricks or cooks