What the Panther fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/92046-panthers-5-12-pt-favorites-over-the-rams-according-to-vegas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/to ... -to-vegas/</a>

[On the opening odds Panthers 5.5pt favorites]

I agree with this. Nothing about the Rams really scares me. 31st in rushing yards, 30th ranked D against the run, 20th ranked D against the pass and 22nd ranked offense. I couldnt even tell you the name of their RB, Tavon Austin has looked suspect and their WR core doesnt really strike fear.

They got blown out by the Falcons and the Jags played them close and hung 20 pts on them. Yes they are 3-3 and we have no reason to be overly confident but I feel good about this one. They are a indoor home team playing us outdoors in their 2nd consecutive road game.

--

Across the board we're much more talented (our NFL team performance rankings decimate theirs as well) but I think they matchup well against us. It'll take Ron putting up a good coaching effort. It is a game we should win, and if we do, we have a primetime game in front of us to finally put a winning record on the board.

--

With a team as inconsistent as the Panthers, game prognostication is pretty much pointless. We all know we could beat them by 4 touchdowns or could lose a close game. If there's some way you can think of to know for sure which one of those Panthers teams is likely to show up on Sunday, feel free to explain.

--

Hello all....just a Rams fan here looking forward to a great week of smack talk, debate, etc. and know I am not here to "troll" or anything. Cam is going to be a pain this week and I am really hoping our line can step up like it did this past weekend. Vegas also had Houston as 9 point favorite so we will see, all I know is it is going to be a great game and I am curious to see if o-line can shut down the panthers front 7 like we did with houston......J.J. Watt had zero tackles and 1 QB hurry......The rushign stat is a tad off being that stacy just got the starting bid 2 weeks ago and before our running game may have been the worst I have ever seen in the NFL. Also when you look at Austin's numbers through the first few games he is on par with many of the superstars in the NFL today. It is rare to see a breakout WR rookie, but to compare the stats, here are a few numbers (Also do not forget he should have nearly 300+ return yards from punts if not for penalties away from the ball each time.

--

That is pretty impressive to do against Watt, but we have alot more balance across our front 7, multiple guys who can win 1 on 1s

--

About how many rookie superstars got benched liked Tavon did yesterday?

--

Byron Bell against Chris Long scares me.

--

Maybe it's just me but it seems everytime this team and it's fans get over confident about being able to beat its opponents, the team forget to show up to the actuall games.

--

we're screwed, only time we cover is when we're not favored

--

To be honest though Houston's D hasn't been all that great this year as compared to what they did last year. They allow way more points now. Not sure what's going on over there, but I'm not entirely impressed with anyone who takes Watt out of the game this year. No offense to Rams fans.

Who wins this will be whoever decides to show up and play consistently for the full 4 quarters.

--

Panthers are going to lose this game Sunday.

--

I think this is the toughest game we play since week one against Seattle. The Rams, like us, have a strong front 7 with a ballhawk in Janoris Jenkins on the outside. Their pass rush can be great and I suspect it'll give us some fits on offense. The last few weeks Sam Bradford has been playing good football and they found a bit of a running game against Houston. We need to stop the run first and foremost and get a lead early so we force Bradford into mistakes. I think his pocket presence is suspect and thus we should be able to get sacks and force turnovers.

This game all games down to protecting Cam against that defensive front of theirs and stopping the Rams rushing attack. When the Rams haven't successfully ran the ball they have lost because I don't believe Bradford can take over games with his arm by himself.

20-17 Panthers get the W and get back to .500.

--

This is the typical Rivera let down game...just like the Cardinals game was. If we lose, prepare for 6-10, 7-9.

If we win, and the offense is impressive, I'll start to feel we're turning the corner. Not completely until we beat a good team mind you, but starting to turn the corner.

--

God i hope they can get to .500, rams are weak against the run and were a good running team. They haven't been able to run the ball consistently and were great against the run, seems like a good matchup

--

I'm not going to argue with you, but all I can do with multiple posts claiming a definite loss is make a joke. I don't subscribe to pessimism. This team can beat the Rams at home.

--

Sam Bradford did not have to throw a pass for the last 22 minutes of the game against the Texans. He attempted 16 passes and completed 12 for a 117yds (3TD though). If we can stop their run and not get behind late, we should be good to go.

--

Seems like a good matchup, getting them in our house too

--

The Rams are wildly inconsistent, like several other teams this year. Depends on which team shows up. Sound familiar?

--

If the panthers offense shows up to play they are very damn hard to beat.

--

it's all about red zone effiency.on offense and on d. if you are talking stats of course.

--

I have confidence in our front 7. We've been good against the run all year. There are a number of guys on our team capable of multi sack games. Even though our secondary is young, they're good tacklers that help in the run game. I think the Rams' hopes lie on what sort of Sam Bradford shows up. If we can hit him a few times early........I think it's over.

--

150 yards through 6 games is pretty anemic for a guy drafted that high and fit what the Rams gave up. That is about 25 yards a game.

Austin is what some if us said...massively over rated

iced

The crack about Austin being benched made me laugh. Clearly the guy doesn't understand what a slot receiver is and where tavon is on the depth chart

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
The crack about Austin being benched made me laugh. Clearly the guy doesn't understand what a slot receiver is and where tavon is on the depth chart

That's why I snoop opposing boards. It's amazing how "little" some of them know about the team they are playing... but throw it out there as fact. :ahahah:

iced

CGI_Ram said:
iced said:

That's why I snoop opposing boards. It's amazing how "little" some of them know about the team they are playing... but throw it out there as fact. :ahahah:

playing the poker the other night, my buddies a Panther fan - and I told him "I have zero confidence in the Rams even beating or playing well against you guys..just telling you ahead of time so you can save the shit talking"

looks like I will be recanting at poker this week :mrgreen:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
iced said:
CGI_Ram said:
iced said:

playing the poker the other night, my buddies a Panther fan - and I told him "I have zero confidence in the Rams even beating or playing well against you guys..just telling you ahead of time so you can save the shyte talking"

looks like I will be recanting at poker this week :mrgreen:

Absolutely. Top it of with a wager! :sly:

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Panthers talk about a overratted team and a Qb who can be very disappointing at times.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
GreeneCounty said:
Panthers talk about a overratted team and a Qb who can be very disappointing at times.

LOL, I know right! Those people in the "queen city" get a little out of touch from time to time. Reality check time come Sunday!

Lesson

Oh, really?
I laughed at the post about Sam not being able to shoulder the load without a run game. He pretty much did that for Week 1, and almost got a W doing it on the road in Week 2. He's more than capable of leading the team to a W without a good run game as long as he has decent protection.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
And Atlanta blew us out? 31-24 is a blowout now????

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Nothing scares me about them. We play the two best mobile QBs in the league twice a year. He ain't outrunning Ogletree. Their running game is good, their WRs are as bad as ours. Steve Smith is only a name anymore. I laughed at the guy saying Houston's #1 ranked D wasn't as good as theirs.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm going out on a limb right now and saying our D stands up this week and shuts their run down cold!

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Just as with any team you have some good sensed fans as well as some delusional homers.... same as there is on any fan board.
Personally I like being more objective than spouting of some dumb shit like " Pead is going to run for 200+ yards since the Panthers haven't faced a runner of his abilities before" :nono:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't get overconfident. We never know what Rams team will show up and this is a road game.

That all said, their analysis was pretty terrible. I was expecting more from Panthers fans. They don't seem to know much of anything about our team.

We could easily lose this one...or we could win. I truly have no idea. Never thought we'd beat Houston. It'll take a team effort but if Stacy can show up and start eating chunks of yardage up...we'll have a chance. If we're forced to become 1-dimensional, I'm worried about our OL. The Panthers have one of the best DLs in the NFL.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Panthers are a tough team and it's easy to have ignorance towards the Rams with all the young players. However, they are underestimating us. Texans is neck and neck with the Panthers, if not a little better. I agree this game will be decided on the Rams running game. Very similar teams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
mr.stlouis said:
Panthers are a tough team and it's easy to have ignorance towards the Rams with all the young players. However, they are underestimating us. Texans is neck and neck with the Panthers, if not a little better. I agree this game will be decided on the Rams running game. Very similar teams.

Texans are more talented but the Panthers aren't going through the same issues that Houston is and is stronger on the DL and at LB.

However, Carolina also got blown out by Arizona. They're a pretty inconsistent team to. I have no idea who will win. I hope the Rams do because I live in Panthers territory and don't want to have to hear it from my friends.

iced

jrry32 said:
mr.stlouis said:

Texans are more talented but the Panthers aren't going through the same issues that Houston is and is stronger on the DL and at LB.

However, Carolina also got blown out by Arizona. They're a pretty inconsistent team to. I have no idea who will win. I hope the Rams do because I live in Panthers territory and don't want to have to hear it from my friends.

In fairness, Carolina isn't facing Quality opponents either (outside week 1)

Seahawks - L Car @ home
Bills - L @ Bills
Giants - W @ home
Cardinals - L @ Ariz
Vikings - W @ Vikings

It's not exactly like their front 7 (with 2 rookie dt's) has consistently had tough running teams.. Vikings made the switch to cassel and regretted it. And the giants are terrible...even with carolina hurting at safety/corner (had 3 out) they couldn't do anything

Hard to say Adrian Peterson a few days after losing his 2 year old son - no idea where his mind was at, but cassel certainly didn't help either

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lets put into perspective just what the Panthers have done.

Seattle in the first game of the season at home but lost 12 -7 both teams probably were shaking off some rust, especially Seattle.

Buffalo away and they lose 24-23 to a rookie QB in his second game. Buffalo has a good Oline and some nice weapons but I would have thought Carolina had the edge with Newton and that D.

Giants at home. A 38 - 0 whooping of a reeling team that has not played well anywhere and has been plagued with turnovers........Sound familiar? The Rams had a similar result against a similar Houston team(that has better personnel than the Giants) and did it on the road.

Arizona away and they lose 22-7. They scored only one TD against the same Cards team that the Rams hung 30+ on. The difference is road/home but still a big difference.

Minnesota away. The Panthers have owned the Vikings in recent years. It is a bad matchup for Minnesota, even Steve Smith still pwns them....cane and all. Plus Minnesota had a backup QB and also dealt with the media and death of APs son. The Panthers benefitted from Cassels mistakes, a major blown coverage and over pursuit. Not impressive.

The Rams are in a similar boat, only beating up on bad teams but the one decent team that the panthers also happened to play had remarkably different results.

I know the Panthers could win this, especially being that it is a road game for the Rams and a second in a row at that. But the Panthers have done nothing to impress anyone to date. Their highly rated D has gotten their by beating up on a weak cast and their offense has been very inconsistent. They are favored by Vegas but by only two points over the obligatory home field advantage of 3 pts. So, the bookies aren't even thinking that there is a touchdowns difference between these two teams. There is no reason to rule the Rams out in this game. If the Rams keep their momentum going and play like they did against Houston I like their chances. They can win this game.

(Sorry Iced I guess we think alike. )

iced

Elmgrovegnome said:
Lets put into perspective just what the Panthers have done.

Seattle in the first game of the season at home but lost 12 -7 both teams probably were shaking off some rust, especially Seattle.

Buffalo away and they lose 24-23 to a rookie QB in his second game. Buffalo has a good Oline and some nice weapons but I would have thought Carolina had the edge with Newton and that D.

Giants at home. A 38 - 0 whooping of a reeling team that has not played well anywhere and has been plagued with turnovers........Sound familiar? The Rams had a similar result against a similar Houston team(that has better personnel than the Giants) and did it on the road.

Arizona away and they lose 22-7. They scored only one TD against the same Cards team that the Rams hung 30+ on. The difference is road/home but still a big difference.

Minnesota away. The Panthers have owned the Vikings in recent years. It is a bad matchup for Minnesota, even Steve Smith still pwns them....cane and all. Plus Minnesota had a backup QB and also dealt with the media and death of APs son. The Panthers benefitted from Cassels mistakes, a major blown coverage and over pursuit. Not impressive.

The Rams are in a similar boat, only beating up on bad teams but the one decent team that the panthers also happened to play had remarkably different results.

I know the Panthers could win this, especially being that it is a road game for the Rams and a second in a row at that. But the Panthers have done nothing to impress anyone to date. Their highly rated D has gotten their by beating up on a weak cast and their offense has been very inconsistent. They are favored by Vegas but by only two points over the obligatory home field advantage of 3 pts. So, the bookies aren't even thinking that there is a touchdowns difference between these two teams. There is no reason to rule the Rams out in this game. If the Rams keep their momentum going and play like they did against Houston I like their chances. They can win this game.

(Sorry Iced I guess we think alike. )

Lol I guess so.. even my panther friend said to me after my little speel about lacking ram faith, "Yea it ain't like we're doing anything either - if we get a win it's ugly, Carolina isn't doing shit this year."

Anonymous

El Juggernauto said:
Nothing scares me about them. We play the two best mobile QBs in the league twice a year. He ain't outrunning Ogletree. Their running game is good, their WRs are as bad as ours. Steve Smith is only a name anymore. I laughed at the guy saying Houston's #1 ranked D wasn't as good as theirs.

I'm not sure why you laughed then, its the Panthers that have the #1 overall D and are giving up less than half the points of Houston.

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/ ... on/defense</a>