What the Panther fans are saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think we really should avoid talking about their fans. We have people around here who don't seem to know much and say some stupid crap. But they are still supporters. Every team will have them, and they have their place. We need to show some class. This guy came to debate, we can do that and point out our differences, but I think it's just not our style to attack those guys who aren't here. Just my opinion

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
iced said:
Lol how has Cam accounted for 115? That's not even accurate.. 46 Passing TD's, 35 picks, 23 rushing TD's in 35 games.

Sam has 58 Passing TD's, 2 rushing td, and 37 picks in 36 games. Not even gonna mention 3 offenses in 4 years, unlike Cam - who had the same offense for multiple seasons

Yours are similarly inaccurate.

iced

jrry32 said:
iced said:
Lol how has Cam accounted for 115? That's not even accurate.. 46 Passing TD's, 35 picks, 23 rushing TD's in 35 games.

Sam has 58 Passing TD's, 2 rushing td, and 37 picks in 36 games. Not even gonna mention 3 offenses in 4 years, unlike Cam - who had the same offense for multiple seasons

Yours are similarly inaccurate.

fixed, according to nfl.com stats
Lol how has Cam accounted for 115? That's not even accurate.. 49 Passing TD's, 34 picks, 24 rushing TD's in 37 games.

Sam has 58 Passing TD's, 2 rushing td, and 37 picks in 48 games. Not even gonna mention 3 offenses in 4 years, unlike Cam - who had the same offense for multiple seasons

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well...if you take the TDs that Cam threw in my dreams over the last 3 years...he has 115. :ww:

Anonymous

jrry32 said:
Wow. Just read more of the Huddle board...yea...I'm just going to stop. Can't stand bad football analysis.

The irony of that last statement... :boing:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joat said:
jrry32 said:
Wow. Just read more of the Huddle board...yea...I'm just going to stop. Can't stand bad football analysis.

The irony of that last statement... :boing:

Says the guy who believes "football analysis" is reading a box score. :lol:

Hell...your board can't even do that right. CJ Spiller ran for 100 yards on your defense this year. May want to let them know. :lol:

Anonymous

I honeslty don't have a clue what I was looking at when I came up with 115, the actual number is 73 total TD's in 37 games. Bradford has 60 in 48 games.

iced

Joat said:
I honeslty don't have a clue what I was looking at when I came up with 115, the actual number is 73 total TD's in 37 games. Bradford has 60 in 48 games.

Switch the QB's for each team those years and the numbers switch.

Bradford hasn't had a receiver like Steve Smith or anything resembling scary to a defensive coordinator, been one of the most sacked qb's consistently due to poor protection, and incompetent coaching at it's finest.

There's a reason Devaney, Spagnuolo are out of the league now...As well as most of their rosters. Look it up - the Rams had 43 or somethin', new players in fisher's first year...They cut over half the roster in the off season - and most of the guys are out of league now...Says a lot about what was surrounding bradford.

Enter this new regime - Bradford throws 3,700 yards, 21 TD/13 INT in his first year of his 3rd offense in 3 years.

Second year into the offense? After 6 games: 1,432 yards, 13 td, 3 picks, 1 lost fumble, 90 rating.

Cam newton, first year of new offense.. After 5 games: 1,127 yards, 9 td, 5 picks, 2 riush td, 1 lost fumble, 89.4 rating

Clearly, Bradford is doing better in the TD and Turnover department with a worse playing defense - meaning he doesn't have as much wiggle room as Cam does.

To say Cam is playing better than Sam is stubborn blindness at this point

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To all;

Let's keep the debate respectful. So far so good. But be careful.

This is a great discussion.

Anonymous

I actually said QB is a push.

Both are wildly inconsistent and have plenty of room to improve. However Cam gives you more options with his legs, size and athleticism.

iced

Joat said:

Both are wildly inconsistent and have plenty of room to improve. However Cam gives you more options with his legs, size and athleticism.

And I'm just going off the way both are currently playing

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I admit that I don't know much about the Panthers as a team. With that said I think our defense matches up well against your offense. The only thing at may bite us is the running game, but if last week is any indication we have become MUCH more stingy in the redzone. I seriously doubt that your run game offers as much trouble as the Texans did.

If my quick internet sleuthing abilities are correct, The Panthers employ a man blocking scheme on offense. What has given us trouble this year is the zone blocking, which allows the running backs to take advantage of cut backs in a greater way. Man on Man, I'll take Brockers and Langford anyday. I also think Brockers is looking the same as last year, he started out slow due to his injury, and then came on like a freight train. If he continues from last week, that could mean a bad day for Cam, and the running game.

On the outside, I expect Jenkins to all but neutralize an aging Smith.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joat said:

Wellllll...technically...you said "push at best". :ww:

As far as giving you more options...more doesn't always equate to better.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Joat said:
Cam gives you more options with his legs, size and athleticism.

Gives Ogletree a chance to practice for Russell Wilson :lol:

Anonymous

Rabid Ram said:
Joat said:

Only Cam is built like a LB, Wilson is much easier to bring down. You do have a hardy advantage in coaching.

As for your DT's, we have All Pro Ryan Kalil back at C and our line is starting to come together. Your LDE is going against out weak link in UDFA RT Byron Bell. He struggles against quick guys and outside speed rushers. He's a powerful guy so you rarely see power guys effect him much.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joat said:
Only Cam is built like a LB, Wilson is much easier to bring down.

Not even remotely true. I respect Cam as much as anyone but Wilson is the most elusive QB in the NFL. Extremely difficult to bring down. They're both very difficult to bring down...but it's different ways of accomplishing the same task.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Joat said:
Rabid Ram said:
Joat said:

Only Cam is built like a LB, Wilson is much easier to bring down. You do have a hardy advantage in coaching.

As for your DT's, we have All Pro Ryan Kalil back at C and our line is starting to come together. Your LDE is going against out weak link in UDFA RT Byron Bell. He struggles against quick guys and outside speed rushers. He's a powerful guy so you rarely see power guys effect him much.
IMO, this whole game is going to come down to the Rams being able to run the ball effectively, and them being able to contain Newton while limiting the damage DeAngelo Williams can do. I'd much rather see the Rams *force* the Panthers into a shootout in this one than to see who can control the clock for 4 quarters. Our D's primary strength is geared around getting after the QB. Not stopping the run.

iced

Joat said:
Rabid Ram said:
Joat said:

Good thing Long is well rounded...

Quinn is a beast in his own right, and Gross will have his hands full.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
Joat said:
Rabid Ram said:
Joat said:

IMO, this whole game is going to come down to the Rams being able to run the ball effectively, and them being able to contain Newton while limiting the damage DeAngelo Williams can do. I'd much rather see the Rams *force* the Panthers into a shootout in this one than to see who can control the clock for 4 quarters. Our D's primary strength is geared around getting after the QB. Not stopping the run.

I think the game will come down to what team shows up...on both sides. Both teams are hard to get a bead on.

Running the ball will be important for the Rams...so will be forcing turnovers and playing a clean game in terms of penalties.